Blackmagic Design ATEM Production Studio 4K Live Switcher
The Blackmagic ATEM Production Studio 4K Live Switcher is a live event multi camera production switcher with 8 individual Ultra HD inputs built into a 1RU chassis.
- Supports NTSC/PAL/HD/UltraHD 4K @ 10-bit
- Supports 4K Resolution Over SDI or HDMI
- 4 x 6G-SDI & 4 x HDMI Inputs (4k/HD/SD)
- Tri-Sync/Blackburst Ref. Sync Input
- 8 x Built-in Frame Synchronizers
- Multiview Monitoring in HD
- Program Outputs in SD/HD/4K HD
- 4 x Keyers Total: 3 x Luma, 1 x Chroma
- Audio: 10 x Input, 2 Channel Mixer
- Hardware or Software Mac/PC Control
The Blackmagic ATEM Production Studio 4K Live Switcher is a live event multi camera production switcher with 8 individual Ultra HD inputs built into a 1RU chassis. Supporting NTSC/PAL/HD and Ultra HD video formats via Four Single Link 6G-SDI and Four 4K HDMI inputs, the switcher connects to a wide range of cameras and sources, delivering a single program stream in SD, HD, or Ultra HD video. All this is done live and in real time with no rendering required.
The switcher features a reference video input for synchronizing the switcher to other equipment using Tri-level or Blackburst Sync. Each input also features its own frame synchronizer, which allows you to use cameras that do not feature Genlock as well as input video from computer sources. The switcher can handle inputs from all inputs at the same time.
The switcher provides 6 video outputs that are always active. Featuring one SDI and one HDMI Program output , both of which deliver SD/HD/Ultra HD, with one Aux SD/HD/Ultra HD Output that can deliver a clean Program feed without any downstream effects, as primary outputs. The switcher also features an HD only Program output signal for monitoring on an SDI-equipped HD monitor. Multiview monitoring is also HD only over dedicated SDI or HDMI output, and Multiview allows you to view the Program, Preview, six active inputs and two graphic channels (media players) on one screen at the same time. The switcher features a built-in compliment of 3 Luma and 1 Chroma keyers for real time effects and composites in Ultra HD, with 10-bit processing. Two downstream keyers allow you to use two graphics/logos/titles/lower thirds from up to twenty stored graphics in a wide variety of formats.
A built-in 2-channel audio mixer handles the embedded HDMI and SDI audio from the 6 active video inputs as well as audio from the balanced and unbalanced analog audio inputs to provide you flexibility and creative audio options. Audio output is embedded in the SDI and HDMI stream, as well as available via balanced audio outputs. Either a Mac or PC running the included ATEM Software controls the switcher's operation and settings. For those who like the feel of a physical control panel, available ATEM Broadcast Panels, connected via the Ethernet port, also control all the features of the switcher. Illuminated front panel buttons allow you to locally select the Aux output, while a 2-inch LCD screen built into the front of the unit allows you to see the Aux output for instant confirmation of the correct output.
- The ATEM Production Studio Live 4K Switcher supports 4K Ultra HD video (3840 x 2160), which is four times the resolution of Full HD. It has eight video inputs, all of which can be active simultaneously.
- The switcher features four single link 6G-SDI and four HDMI 4K inputs, which allows you to connect SD/HD/Ultra HD and computer-based signal to the switcher. Although the switcher takes reference video in for sync timing so that it can interface with other post production equipment, each input has its own Frame synchronizer, which enables you to use cameras that do not have genlock capability or for input of computer sources such as Keynote or PowerPoint Presentations
- The capture video format is set by the user, and must be the same across each input, as the switcher cannot scale different input formats to match the project format.
- The switcher includes a built-in audio mixer that allows you to adjust the audio embedded in the SDI and HDMI signals. With 10 inputs available the 2 channel mixer can also adjust levels of both the balanced and unbalanced analog inputs.
6 Video Outputs
- The switcher features 3 program outputs for the final video, delivering SD/HD/Ultra HD via both a 6G-SDI port and HDMI 4K connector. The third program output is an HD-SDI only port (Ultra HD is automatically down-converted).
- Two Multi-view outputs allow you to see Program, Preview, the 6 live inputs and the two graphic channels on one screen at the same time. There is 1 SDI and 1 HDMI connector which feeds the Multi-view output to HD monitors.
- The switcher features an SDI Aux output that is capable of delivering the Program out feed with or without the downstream keyer effects in SD, HD and Ultra HD. Control of the Aux output is by front mounted panel buttons, and built-in 2-inch LCD screen for immediate confirmation of the Aux output.
Multi View Monitoring
- Multi view allows you to view the program, preview, 6 live inputs and 2 media players side by side. You can also add custom labels that make it easy to identify each input.
- The switcher features an upstream keyer that includes independent chroma, pattern, shaped and luma keying all at Ultra HD resolution with 10-bit processing. Two downstream keyers allow you to add graphics, lower thirds, titles and logos for a polished live production.
- The ATEM 4K switcher uses an Ethernet connection to interface with control surfaces such as the optional ATEM 1 M/E and 2 M/E Broadcast Panels.
- You can also control the switcher by using the included ATEM Software Control software from a Mac or Windows computer over Ethernet. You can control all production settings of the switcher as well as directly import graphics from your computer into the switcher's media pool.
- You set the format for each project you are working on, from SD to HD to Ultra HD, selecting resolution and frame rate. This is accomplished by using either the included software for Mac/PC, or via the ATEM 1 M/E or ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
- Using the Ethernet port on the switcher allows you to connect control surfaces directly to the switcher or you can control the switcher across a network.
- The Switcher features a mini USB port that is used for software updates and to set the switcher's Chassis IP address, which can only be done by using a computer running the ATEM Switcher Utility connected to the switcher's USB port.
- The switcher is a single RU in height and has built-in rack mount ears, for mounting in a production road case or in a post production facility.
In The Box
In The Box
Total Video Input
Total Video Output
SDI Video Input
4 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
HDMI Video Input
4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
Analog Audio Output
2 x XLR
SDI Audio Output
2 Ch embedded into SDI output.
2 x XLR. 2 x RCA.
Tri-Sync or Blackburst
Internal Frame Synchronizers
8. All inputs.
SDI Program Output
1 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
HDMI Program Output
1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
Down Converted SDI Program Output
1 x 10-bit HD (Ultra HD 4K to HD)
SDI Aux. Output
Quantity of Multi Views
Outputs per Multi View
1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI
Control Panel Connection
Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
SD Format Support
625/25 PAL 4:3 and 16:9, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3 and 16:9
HD Format Support
720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94.
Ultra HD 4K
3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97.
SMPTE 259M, 292M.
REC 601, REC 709
HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers
720 x 480i 59.97Hz, 720 x 576i 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz, 1280 x 720 50Hz and 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz, 1920 x 1080 50Hz, 3840 x 2160 23.98Hz, 3840 x 2160 24Hz, 3840 x 2160 25Hz, 3840 x 2160 29.97Hz.
Hardware based real time.
10 input x 2 channel mixer. Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video. Level and Peak metering. Master gain control. Analog outputs may be used for separate monitoring.
4K to HD Down Conversion
Yes, program x 1
Control Panel Included
ATEM Software Control Panel included free.
Added via Ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
Using USB connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit.
Total Number of Layers
Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
Fill and key for each Media Player.
Media Pool Still Image Capacity
20 with fill and key.
Media Pool Still Image Format
PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
Number of Windows
1 x 10
Red for program and green for preview indication.
Windows Source Labels
Control Panel Compatibility
Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
Dimensions: 44 x 482 x 127mm
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001