Blackmagic Design ATEM Studio Converter 2
The Blackmagic Design Studio Converter 2 inputs SDI video signals transmitted over optical fiber and converts the signals to SDI for use with video switchers.
- 4 Bi-Directional Converters in 1RU Unit
- Optical Fiber Signal Range 28 Miles
- Connects up to 4 ATEM Camera Converters
- 4 x Fiber to SDI 10 bit Converters
- 4 x Switchable SD/HD-SDI Outputs
- Camera Talkback with Select, Vol & Mute
- Connect to ATEM Switchers/Converters
- Supports SDI Switcher Tally Output
- Send PGM Feed to Fiber Connected Cameras
The Blackmagic Design Studio Converter 2 inputs SDI video signals transmitted over optical fiber and converts the signals to SDI for use with video switchers. When used in conjunction with the Blackmagic Design ATEM Camera Converter, you can send video signals up to 28 miles between camera and switcher using available optical fiber cables. By comparison sending an HD-SDI signal over traditional copper cable is usually limited to about 300 feet, depending on the quality of the cable.
A typical set up using the Studio Converter 2 is to connect it between the switcher and up to four ATEM Camera Converter units. This set up allows the Converter 2 to receive the signals from the fiber cable, convert the signals to SDI using 10-bit processing, and send the signals to the switcher. The Converter 2 supports SD/HD signals, and when using the available ATEM Camera Converter you can use any camera with an SDI/HDMI output.
The converter 2 can also be used as 4 independent simultaneous bi-directional SD/HD-SDI to optical converters. The converter 2 features a built-in mic input, speaker and headphone jack that provides talkback audio for communicating with camera operators. The Converter 2 passes tally signals embedded in the SDI program stream. You can cascade multiple ATEM Studio Converter 2 units together when using more than 4 cameras. The Studio Converter 2 features a 1RU design with built in rack mount ears for easy integration into existing studio configurations or production cases.
Optical Fiber Connectors
- The ATEM Studio Converter 2 uses standard single mode optical fiber cable with standard LC connectors to allow you to transmit SD and HD video signals up to 28 miles away. Standard copper wire SDI cables have a limit of several hundred feet before the signal breaks up, converting the SDI signal to optical, and sending it along optical cable greatly increases the distance of your cable runs.
Talkback and Tally
- The unit features a built-in speaker and mic inputs, as well as a headphone jack for when you need privacy, or the area is too loud. When connected to the ATEM Camera Converter, you can talk to your camera operators no matter how far away they are, without needing to worry about walkie talkies. Using the talkback feature, the unit uses audio channels 15 and 16 of the SDI stream for talkback communication.
Camera operators can be selected individually if desired, and communication can be controlled by a push button, or locked open. Mute and un-mute buttons on the front of the unit allows you to control who hears what.
The unit passes SDI Tally signal information back to the cameras along with any SDI Program signal from available switchers.
- Each ATEM Studio Converter 2 connects to up to four ATEM Camera Converter units, allowing you to communicate with up to four camera operators at a time. Multiple Studio Converter 2 units can be cascaded together when more than 4 cameras are needed.
Precision Signal Processing
- The unit features chips that use 10-bit processing, and are switchable between SD and HD, for a clean signal.
The unit features four independent simultaneous SDI to optical and optical to SDI converters
When used in conjunction with the ATEM Camera Converter the unit can also be used as four independent SDI or Fiber to HDMI converters
In The Box
In The Box
Blackmagic Design ATEM Studio Converter 2
- Converter Utility Software
SDI Video Input
1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable program input from switcher, including tally information.
SDI Video Output
4 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable camera outputs. 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable program loop thru output connects to another ATEM Studio Switcher.
Aviation Headsets with 0.25" TRS headset connector and 0.206" TRS microphone connector. Front mounted balanced XLR microphone connector.
1 x stereo RCA monitoring output.
AES/EBU Audio Input
1 x combined headphone input. 1 x combined microphone input. Combined inputs for connecting to other ATEM Studio Converters.
AES/EBU Audio Output
1 x combined headphone output. 1 x combined microphone output. Combined outputs for connecting to other ATEM Studio Converters.
Balanced XLR Audio Output
4 x camera stereo analog audio outputs.
Optical Fiber Video Input
4 x single mode SD/HD switchable camera inputs with LC connector.
Optical Fiber Video Output
4 x single mode SD/HD switchable camera outputs with LC connector.
Optical Fiber Audio Input
4 x single mode camera audio inputs with LC connector. Channels 1 & 2 are camera audio. Channels 15 & 16 are intercom audio.
Optical Fiber Audio Output
4 x single mode camera audio outputs with LC connector. Channels 1 & 2 are camera audio. Channels 15 & 16 are intercom audio.
1 x mini-B type USB 2.0 connector for firmware updates.
SDI Format Support
525i59.94, 625i50, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98,1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60.
SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M.
Television standard sample rate of 48Khz, 24 bit A/D conversion.
REC 601, REC 709.
Multiple Rate support
SDI switches between SD and HD
Converter Utility for firmware update.
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
Windows 7 or Windows 8
110 - 240 V AC input with redundant 12-31V DC input.
44 x 482 x 158mm
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001