Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor
The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor provides 2-channel audio monitoring of AES/EBU digital audio, audio embedded in SDI and analog audio.
- 2 x Channel AES/EBU Digital Audio Input
- L/R Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Input
- 2 x 27-Segment LED VU Meters
- Front Panel Illuminated Keypad
- Front Panel 1/4" Headphone Jack
- Supports SD/HD/Ultra HD @ 10-bit via SDI
- 16 x Channels Audio Output via SDI Out
- 2 x Channels Embedded Audio via HDMI Out
- Available Dolby Decoder Upgrade Card
- 1RU-Sized Unit with Class A/B Amplifier
The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor provides 2-channel audio monitoring of AES/EBU digital audio, audio embedded in SDI and analog audio. Designed to provide you with peace of mind, the unit provides high-quality audio monitoring of signals from decks, video servers, and live transmissions. You can use the unit to check audio levels as you work on your project. Up front and big on the unit's front panel are two 27-segment LED VU meters that provide you with a bright, visual representation of the audio levels from -45 to +3 decibels, and two built-in, full-range stereo speakers provide clear audio. Control of the unit is by a front panel illuminated keypad that allows you to select input sources to monitor. A 2.1" LCD screen for viewing input video (up to 4K), and a headphone jack and headphone volume control for when the listening environment is too intrusive
Supporting video resolutions up to Ultra HD, the audio monitor allows you to monitor the embedded audio as separate stereo pairs, before passing the signal out through either the SDI loop through port with 16-channel embedded audio or the HDMI 4K connector with embedded 2-channel audio. The rugged aluminum case features a card slot for an available Dolby Decoder card, allowing you an easy upgrade path. The 1RU-sized unit comes with a class A/B amplifier for a balance between high fidelity and power efficiency, dual subwoofer design with extra wide range speakers allow you to sit back and hear the audio. Rackmount ears are built-in for use in a post facility or mounting in a production case.
- The Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor supports audio from a variety of sources, AES/EBU digital audio, balanced and unbalanced analog audio, as well as audio embedded in the SDI stream. You can monitor 2 channels of audio at a time, and even select stereo pairs from the 16 channels in the SDI signal.
- SDI loop through supports 16-channel embedded audio, and the unit outputs 2 channels of embedded audio in the HDMI output stream.
Front Panel Control and Features
- The 2-channel audio meters are selectable between VU and PPM, and show a range of -45 to +3 dB in 27 steps. The audio level meter brightness is adjustable so the meters are easy to read in either bright or dark environments.
- An illuminated keypad on the front panel, allows you to select audio inputs, isolate left and right audio channels, mute, and select audio channels to monitor from within the SDI stream.
- The scroll wheel works as a volume control knob.
- Two full-range speakers and two subwoofers combine to provide audio that is rich in low frequency and provides sharpness in mid and high ranges.
- When you are working with SDI video input you can use the Blackmagic Audio Monitor to convert from SDI to HDMI for monitoring with big screen televisions or video projectors. The unit automatically switches between SD, HD, and even Ultra HD 4K. You can monitor in high resolution Ultra HD 4K using the HDMI 4K output with only a single HDMI cable or you can connect a regular HDTV and use the unit's built-in Ultra HD 4K to HD down conversion.
- You can also monitor video on the built-in 2.1" LCD panel, which displays video format, audio type, audio channels and volume level.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal dedicated Dolby slot so you can add an available Dolby decoder module. The Dolby decoder supports Dolby Digital and AC-3 decoding for 5.1 surround sound monitoring from either the 6G-SDI video input or the AES/EBU audio input
- The 1RU height of the Audio Monitor makes it ideal for use in either a post production rack system, location production case, or control or mixing room. The built-in rack mount ears make for hassle free mounting into available standard rack systems.
- The Audio Monitor features an internal power supply, and runs off of 110-240 V AC at 50/60 Hz.
In The Box
In The Box
Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor
- Software CD
|Digital Audio Input (AES/EBU)||2 x Channels balanced 110Ω via XLR|
|Analog Audio Input||2 x Balanced line level 3 pin XLR
2 x Unbalanced analog line level RCA jacks
|SDI Audio Input||16 x Channels embedded audio in SD/HD/UltraHD 4k|
|Analog Audio Output||1 x 1/4" TRS headphone jack|
|Digital Audio Output||16 x Channels embedded audio loop out
2 x Channels embedded in SD/HD/UltraHD 4k
|Audio Level Metering|
|Metering Range||-45 to +3 dB|
|Audio Sampling||96 kHz, 24-bit|
|SDI Input||1 x 10-bit SD/HD/UltraHD 4K
3G-SDI single link, 4:2:2/4:4:4
6G-SDI single link 4:2:2/4:4:4
|SDI Video Loop||1 x 10-bit SD/HD/3G-SDI and 6G-SDI switchable|
|HDMI Output||1 x HDMI type A connector|
NTSC: 525/29.97, 525/23.98
2048 x 1556PsF 25/24/23.98
2048 x 1080PsF 25/24/23.98
2048 x 1080p 25/24/23.98
3840 x 2160p 30/29.97/25/24/23.98
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.|
|Resolution (Pixel)||320 x 240|
|Interface / Ports|
|USB 2.0||1 x USB Type B for internal software upgrade|
OS X 10.7 Lion or later
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 32/64 bit
Windows 8 32/64 bit
110-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
90-264 V AC
Less than 20 Watts
Note: IEC power cord is required and NOT included
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
-4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C)
|Humidity (Relative)||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions (H x W)||44 x 482 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001