Blackmagic Design Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design is a compact Super 16 format camera designed for digital film production.
- Super 16mm Sized Image Sensor
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Records Full HD 1920x1080 CinemaDNG RAW
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 220 Mbps
- Portable Design (5" Long and 12.5 oz)
- 3.5" LCD Display with 800x480 Resolution
- Uses SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
- EN-EL20 Compatible Rechargeable Battery
- HDMI, LANC, 3.5mm Audio Input and Output
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera fromBlackmagic Design is a compact Super 16 format camera designed for digital film production. The Super 16 sized sensor has an effective resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is capable of capturing 13 stops of dynamic range. The Pocket Cinema Camera records Full HD video in either the lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) format. The active Micro Four Thirds lens mount can accommodate a growing range of MFT format lenses as well as a host of excellent legacy lenses via optional adapters. Blackmagic Design has packed all of these impressive features into a remarkably compact (5 x 2.6 x 1.5") and lightweight (12.5 oz) magnesium alloy chassis.
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use an extensive range of lenses. With full electronic control of an MFT lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command. The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required. Moreover, the Super 16 size sensor is compatible with a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses.
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a film-like look with a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading. Plus, you get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow.
- Record to SD Cards
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder that captures ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. SD cards are commonly available and can be formatted for either HFS+ or exFAT, making them compatible with either Mac OS X or Windows.
- CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera supports true open file formats, so you're not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can't handle.
- Portable Design
- Designed as an ultra compact, digital film camera the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD card recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need to buy expensive accessories.
- High Resolution Display
- The3.5", 800 x 480 resolution LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review files recorded on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time. Camera status displayed at the bottom of the screen shows record status, shutter angle, time lapse interval, aperture setting, ISO, battery level and record time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera even includes built-in metadata entry.
- SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder. With the fast read/write capabilities of SDXC and SDHC cards you can record digital film quality images to a memory card that is smaller than a postage stamp. The camera creates 12-bit lossless compressed CinemaDNG and 10-bit ProRes 422 (HQ) files that are way beyond broadcast standards. When using ProRes you can record for more than 50 minutes on a 64GB SD card at 24 frames per second.
- Removable EL-EN20 Compatible Battery
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a removable and rechargeable lithium ion battery, which provides up to an hour of continuous recording time. The Nikon EL-EN20 battery type is commonly available, so you can purchase multiple batteries if you need to shoot for longer periods. The battery charge time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes with the camera off. Plus, with a wide 12-20V power input range the camera can easily be powered and charged from larger professional camera batteries and other power sources.
- Professional Connections
- The connections on the side of the camera include a micro HDMI output with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that is compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones. A LANC control input is also included for remote operation, and you can power the camera and recharge the removable battery with the 12V DC input.
- Metadata Support
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can record metadata such as automatic camera data and user data like shot numbers, custom filenames and keywords. A four-way directional control pad allows users to navigate the menus and enter metadata.
- Mounting Options
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a 1/4"-20 UNC threaded mounting point on the top and bottom of the camera. This enables any number of support configurations, from mounting the camera on a tripod and attaching accessories to car mounts, pole mounts and practically any type of set-up you can imagine.
- Other Features
- The camera's FOCUS button turns on and off the peaking focus assist feature, and the IRIS button automatically adjusts the iris setting when used with a compatible lens. Other features include focus peaking display and 1:1 scale display.
In The Box
In The Box
Blackmagic Design Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Wrist strap
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery (EN-EL20)
- DVD (DaVinci Resolve Lite)
|Sensor Size||12.48 x 7.02 mm (effective)|
|Effective Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Dynamic Range||13 stops|
|Lens Mount||Active MFT|
|Recording Media||Removable SDXC and/or SDHC cards (exFAT or HFS+ format)|
|Recording Formats||Lossless CinemaDNG RAW
Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (QuickTime MOV)
|Recording Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Frame Rates||23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p|
|Bit Rate||220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)|
|Video Output||Micro HDMI type D (x1)|
|Digital Audio Output||2 channels, 48 kHz and 24 bit (embedded in HDMI output)|
|Analog Audio Input||3.5mm stereo mini jack (x1)|
|Analog Audio Output||3.5mm stereo mini jack (x1)|
|Remote Control||2.5mm LANC (x1) for record START/STOP, iris control and focus|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0 mini B port (for software updates and configuration)|
|Power Input||0.7mm DC jack for power and battery charging (x1)|
|Display Type||Integrated LCD|
|Display Resolution||800 x 480|
|Built-In Microphone||Integrated stereo microphone|
|Built-in Speaker||Integrated mono speaker|
|Mounting||1/4"-20 UNC thread (x1, on top of camera)
1/4"-20 UNC thread (x1, tripod mount on the bottom)
|Supported Software||Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, Adobe Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve|
|Operating System||Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 or later
|Battery||Type: EN-EL20 compatible, rechargeable lithium ion battery
Battery Life: approx. 1 hour of continuous recording time
Charge Time: approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes when the camera is off and approximately 2 hours when in use
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 40° C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 ~ 45° C|
|Relative Humidity||0 ~ 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||128 x 38 x 66 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001