Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera MFT
The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with MFT Mount brings to filmmakers a tool that many have waited for, for quite some time.
- 2.5K Image Sensor
- 12-bit RAW, ProRes and DNxHD Formats
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30p Frame Rates
- MFT Lens Mount
- LCD Touchscreen with Metadata Entry
- SDI Video Output and Thunderbolt Port
- Mic/Line Audio Inputs
- Records to Removable SSD Drives
- Includes DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope
The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with MFT Mount brings to filmmakers a tool that many have waited for, for quite some time. Recording to a 2.5K image sensor, the camera is capable of recording 12-bit RAW DNG files, as well as ProRes and DNxHD formats to built-in removable SSD drives (not included), while delivering 13 stops of dynamic range. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera is a complete system with built-in recorder and monitoring, so it's perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as weddings and sporting events. And as a complete system it can help save money for those budget strapped productions.
The camera is housed in an elegant, minimalist enclosure, crafted from a single block of aluminum. It can be used hand held or mounted on industry standard hardware. The new Passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) Mount provides an exciting new feature for you by giving you compatibility with a wide range of manually operated lenses, while also being easily adapted to other mounts such as PL mount via third party adapters. And the LCD touchscreen provides monitoring, plus the ability for the user to add metadata such as shot number, filenames and keywords, which can save time and money in the post-production process.
To handle the high data video output, Blackmagic includes a full version of DaVinci Resolve, its premier color correcting software for Mac and Windows. Also included is a copy of UltraScope. When connected to a computer via Thunderbolt, the software provides technically accurate waveform monitoring, displaying six live scope views on a single monitor.
Since everything has been designed to provide high quality acquisition, the camera is an ideal option for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production, all places where image quality is paramount. Additionally the Blackmagic Cinema Camera offers compressed 1080HD recording formats in both Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD allowing for seamless integration into a production workflow that utilizes either Final Cut Pro or Avid as their editing software.
- Dynamic Range
- Captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files for a true "filmic" look, offering more flexibility in your shooting locations. Also it preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows, and allows for keeping all sensor data and enhancing the creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading.
- MFT Mount Lens
- The new Passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) mount gives you compatibility with a wide range of manually operated lenses, while also being easily adapted to other mounts such as PL mount via third party adapters. With the Blackmagic Cinema MFT Mount Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot.
- Capacitive Touchscreen Display
- The five-inch touchscreen allows for setting up a shot, as well as playback from the SSD using the transport control buttons below the screen. You can enter shot data and update the camera's settings using the capacitive touchscreen display. Also control the camera's operating functions with a simple touch of the screen, just double tap to zoom the image for fast and accurate focus. Additionally a data strip provides you valuable information including record status, shutter angle, ISO, battery level, record time and more.
- Metadata Entry
- The Blackmagic also features built-in metadata entry so that files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process, and can save a production valuable time and money. Entering metadata is easy - simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where information can be entered including shot number, search tags, scene number, Timecode, and more. You can set shot number and other data to increment automatically, allowing for quicker setups while shooting. And the Metadata is compatible with leading editing software and is fully searchable, bypassing the time consuming task of searching for specific shots when editing a project.
- SSD Recorder
- A Built-in SSD recorder uses low cost 2.5" SSDs and allows for 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture, as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video formats. You can play back directly from the camera, mount the disk to any computer, or use Blackmagic Design's HyperDeck Studio deck. Also with Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD video formats, you can record for more than five hours on a single 480 GB SSD, allowing you to shoot longer and give yourself more footage to play with in the editing process. All file formats conform to open standards used by most professional NLE software, allowing for seamless integration into most post workflows. When finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to a computer and edit or color shots straight from the disc.
- The Blackmagic uses only standard connections, no custom cable required, providing great versatility for most productions. Dual balanced microphone/line audio inputs for recording high quality uncompressed audio is also available. A 3 Gb/s SDI out for on set monitoring or for sending to live production switchers is provided as well. The Blackmagic includes 12 to 30 VDC input for power and battery charging, a stereo mini (3.5mm) headphone output, a LANC remote control, and high speed Thunderbolt port for computer capture.
- Open File Formats
- The Blackmagic camera also uses standard file formats. The recording of native 2.5K resolution uses the open CinemaDNG format, delivering full 12-bit RAW recording quality, so it provides HD quality images. Additionally, you can choose 1080HD recording into ProRes and DNxHD compressed video formats for even greater compatibility.
- Included Software
- The Blackmagic Camera also comes with Full DaVinci Resolve 9.0 software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac and Windows. You can shoot wide dynamic range images and then make color correction decisions in post production with this, industry used, software. Also Media Express software for video capture from the camera's Thunderbolt port is provided, and UltraScope provides technically accurate waveform monitoring. You can also connect the camera to any computer using Thunderbolt to display six live scope views on a single monitor.
In The Box
In The Box
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with MFT Mount
- External 12 VAC Power Supply
- DaVinci Resolve Software for Mac OS X and Windows
- UltraScope waveform monitoring software
- Media Express Software
- Detachable Sun Shield
- Carry Strap
- Turret Dust Cap
|Sensor Resolution||2432 x 1366|
|Raw Resolution||12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432 x 1366|
|Shooting Resolutions||2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366
ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
|Frame Rates||23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p|
|Sensor Size||Actual: 16.64 x 14.04 mm
Active: 15.6 x 8.8 mm
|Dynamic Range||13 stops|
|Focus||Focus button turns on peaking|
|Iris Control||Compatible with any manually operated iris based lens|
|Lens Mount||Passive Micro Four Thirds mount for manually operated lens with manual iris control. Compatible with most third party MFT adapters for other lens mounts such as PL.|
|Screen||Size: 5" with 800 x 480 resolution
Type: Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
|Metadata||Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords|
|Controls||Onscreen touch menus
Physical buttons for recording and transport control
|Microphone||Integrated mono microphone|
|Speaker||Integrated mono speaker|
|Connections||SDI Video Output: 1 x 10-bit HD-SDI 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
Analog Audio Input: 2 x 1/4" TRS balanced phone switchable between microphone and line levels
Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm TRS stereo mini headphone
SDI Audio Output: 4 channels in HD-SDI
Remote Control: 1 x 2.5 mm LANC for Record Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
Computer Interface: Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audio, USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
External Power: 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter
|Storage||Type: Removable 2.5" SSD
Format: Mac OS Extended format (SSDs can be formatted on any Mac or use Mediafour MacDrive [not included] on a Windows PC)
Rates: 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K fits about 30 minutes of 24p video on a 256 GB solid state disk - compressed HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video
Uncompressed Recording Format: RAW 2.5K CinemaDNG
Compressed Recording Format: Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. All compressed recording in 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video dynamic range
|Standards||SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M
SDI Audio Sampling: 24-bit/48 kHz
|Mounting||3 x 1/4" thread mounting points on top of camera
1 x 1/4" thread tripod mount with locator pin
|Power||Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery
12~30 VDC port for external battery power or use included 12 VAC adapter
|Battery||Life: Approximately 90 minutes
Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours when not in use
|Dimensions||166 x 114 x 126 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001