Blackmagic Design Smartscope Duo 4K
SmartScope Duo from Blackmagic Design is a 3RU rack mount unit with two independent LCD displays
- Two Independent 8" - 4K LCD Screens
- Waveform, Vectorscope, RGB Parade
- YUV Parade, Histogram, Audio Phase/Level
- Auto Switches Between SD, HD and 3G-SDI
- HD/SD-SDI Inputs and Looping Outputs
- 4:2:2/4:4:4 Sampling and 8-bit Precision
- Hardware Based Colorspace Conversion
- Ethernet Input and Looping Output
- USB 2.0 for Software Updates
- 3RU Rack Mount Design
SmartScope Duo from Blackmagic Design is a 3RU rack mount unit with two independent LCD displays. In addition to monitoring picture, the key features include waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram and audio phase levels. Each monitor is independent so users can display any combination of scope or picture view. The unit is also reversible, which means you can install it upside-down and the picture will flip right-side-up automatically. This is especially helpful when mounting at in the very top or bottom of an equipment rack. The included SmartView Utility for Mac and Windows allows you to daisy chain multiple units together on an Ethernet network and control them all from one location.
- Independent, Reversible LCD Screens
- SmartScope Duo's two 8" LCD displays are independent, which means each screen has its own SDI connections. You can display two totally different sources at the same time, even with different video standards. If you're installing the unit into the extreme top or bottom of an equipment rack then simply flip SmartScope Duo upside down and the monitors will reverse automatically for the appropriate viewing angle.
- Waveform Display
- Waveform display aids in adjusting video levels or matching black background levels when keying. Waveform view features a luminance display of the black and white levels in your video signal. SmartScope Duo features a composite setting to show both luminance and chroma. Composite video is synthesized from the SDI input displayed for a better view for aligning decks and other video equipment. The synthesized composite waveform makes it easier for editors who are familiar with composite waveform monitors.
- Vectorscope View
- A vectorscope allows users to accurately measure colors in a video signal. If you're color correcting video, vectorscope shows when color has been adjusted for accurate white balance. When you need to apply a tint, vectorscope lets you see exactly how much tint you're adding and what color it is. Sometimes monitors can't be trusted, but with vectorscope you'll always know the exact colors you're working with. You can also easily align hue on decks using a vectorscope.
- Parade Display
- The real time RGB parade waveform view is the ideal scope for accurate color correction. You can see the color balance in blacks, mid-tones and whites, making it easy to balance colors. RGB Parade lets you check for illegal colors because any video that drops below the black line, or above the 100% line, is an illegal RGB color. You can also select YUV parade display to show YUV component video as it is transmitted down the SDI cable, which is great for broadcast engineering analysis of SDI signals.
- Clipping levels on a live shoot results in loss of detail, which can cause huge problems when you try to adjust blacks or whites in post production. Histogram view lets you see where the pixels are in your video and how they are distributed from black to white. You can see if your video is clipping and adjust the camera iris and ISO settings to keep all black and white detail in the image. This means you have the full contrast range of video for easy color correction during post production. Histogram will transform your shoots because you can see exactly what you're recording and the colorist who works on your job will benefit from the availability of the full contrast range of the camera.
- Audio View
- Monitor your audio levels with 16 channels of audio metering. Audio scope also includes a stereo phase meter that can be selected to different SDI audio pairs. The stereo phase meter plots left and right audio as an XY scope display so you know exactly what your audio is at all times. It's easy to see audio problems such as clipping, and out of phase audio can be seen as a left or right leaning display. If you don't get a vertical oriented waveform then you know your audio channel balance is out.
- Picture View
- You can select picture view for general monitoring of video. Picture view is embedded into the 6 way software interface so that you can see the video being measured next to the live scope displays. SmartScope Duo lets you select full frame video on any screen at any time. The unit can also auto detect between SD, HD and 3G-SDI standards and display the video format above the picture. If the SDI input contains either VITC timecode in SD, or RP 188 timecode in HD, then this is decoded and displayed.
- Portable Design
- SmartScope Duo is less than one inch thick and only 3 rack units high, which is ideal for installing in tight rack spaces and portable fly away kits. This makes SmartScope Duo suitable for most monitoring needs on-set and in the studio.
- Built-in Tally
- With built in tally you can connect your switcher and display red, green or blue tally borders on the LCD.
- Easy to Use Interface
- The included SmartView Utility software for Mac and Windows lets you daisy chain your SmartView Duo monitors together on an Ethernet network and control them all from one location. You can choose different types of scopes and adjust settings such as brightness, contrast and saturation with a simple click of your mouse. You can use your mouse or adjust settings numerically. All your connected SmartScope Duo and SmartView monitors are listed and can be named for fast identification. Settings are remembered by the software and you can copy and paste settings between devices.
- Software Upgrade
- SmartScope Duo allows for software updates to add new features in the future. You can simply download new software and add new types of scopes as they become available. Programmable internal software means you can get new features, compatibility with new hardware, and support for new formats in the future. When downloading updates SmartScope Duo's software automatically detects the internal software of your hardware and will prompt you to update if necessary so the update is completely automatic and simple to perform.
In The Box
In The Box
Blackmagic Design Smartscope Duo 4K
- Power Supply
- Software CD
|Display||8" 4K LCD Screen (x2)|
|SDI Video Input||SD/HD/3G-SDI (x2, one per display)|
|SDI Video Output||SD/HD/3G-SDI, 10-bit reclocked loop through (x2, one per display)|
|SDI Audio Input||16 channels (embedded in SD and HD)|
|SDI Audio Output||16 channels (embedded in SD and HD)|
|Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M|
|Tally||9-pin D connector (x1)|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0 for software updates and Ethernet for configuration|
|SD Format Support||525/29.97 NTSC
|HD Format Support||720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048x1080p/23.98, 2048x1080p/24, 2048x1080p/25, 2048x1080PsF/23.98, 2048x1080PsF/24, 2048x1080PsF/25, 2048x1556PsF/23.98, 2048x1556PsF/24, 2048x1556PsF/25|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|Color Space||YUV and RGB|
|Colorspace Conversion||Hardware based real time|
|Audio Sampling||Television sample rate of 48 kHz|
|Features||Luminance Waveform, Vectorscope, RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram, Audio phase and level|
|Operating System||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 and 8
|Power Supply||12 volt universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries|
|Power Consumption||< 20 Watts|
|Operational Voltage Range||12 - 15V|
|Operating Temperature||32 ~ 104° F (0 ~ 40° C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 ~ 113° F (-20 ~ 45° C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 ~ 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||WxH: 482 x 133 mm
Rack Units: 3RU
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001