Find out who won the Nikon AF-S 200-500mm F/5.6E ED VR Lens worth R24 295!
Update 22 December 2015: We are extremely excited to announce that the winner of the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm F/5.6E ED VR Lens is… Ian Dodds! Congratulations on the win Ian, we really hope you enjoy this lens! Thank you to everyone who entered!
Previous 24 November 2015: The AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm F/5.6E ED VR Lens from Nikon is an exhilarating lens option, giving enthusiast FX and DX-format photographers the ability to go further with amazing zoom power and tack-sharp clarity. This compact super-telephoto zoom is ideal for bringing distant subjects closer, including birds, sports, wildlife and motorsports.
This lens opens the doors for a fresh new perspective; with a maximum reach of 500mm on FX-format Nikon cameras and a staggering 750mm equivalent reach on DX-format cameras. With a maximum aperture of f/5.6 throughout the focal range, photographers have the ability to fill much of the frame with their subject and create a pleasing background blur, even in challenging light. This lens also features Nikon’s Electromagnetic Aperture for consistent exposures, as well as VR with 4.5 stops of image stabilization. Additionally, the VR features Sport Mode, which is well-suited for capturing vibrant, sharp images of distant subjects at high frame rates or when panning with fast-moving action. All optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight construction with a closer focusing distance, and makes using tinted/polarised filters a breeze.
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Vibration Reduction with Sport Mode
- Internal Focus, Manual Focus Override
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Update: The competition is now closed!
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all South African residents, 18 or older.
- The winner will be selected randomly, and will need to be a fan of Orms on Facebook, follow Orms on Twitter or Instagram – as well as given the correct answer to the question.
- Only one entry per person will be valid.
- No exchanges or returns available – the prize is awarded as is.
- The competition closes Monday 21 December 2015 at 12:00 PM.
- The winner will be contacted within one week of the competition closing.
- By submitting your email address, you give us permission to send you Orms marketing emails. You can easily unsubscribe in the future using a link provided in every newsletter. We will not release your details to other parties.
Please note: We make use of Random.org to randomly generate the number corresponding to the winner for the prize. We run the number generator once – the first number will be the winner. All entries get checked for duplicates. The nature of this random system ensures that everyone has a fair chance of winning, which is very important to us. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
*Pricing correct at time of publication, and subject to change without notice.
We need your VOTE!
We are incredibly excited to be up for the Best Photographic Blog Award at the 2015 SA Blog Awards! Please take a moment and vote for us by clicking on the SA Blog Awards Badge below – Thank you!