We are excited to invite photographers for inclusion in the next SPACE Open Exhibition at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography this June. Find all the information and requirements for submissions here…
Update: Submissions have now closed!
It’s time for the second SPACE Open Exhibition for 2017! With another awesome theme lined up we are excited to once again offer you the opportunity to submit your work! The show opens on June 29th and will feature 30 curated images selected by the Orms creative team, this will form part of The Orms Cape Town School of Photography exhibition that showcases the work by our full and part-time students.
Exhibition Theme: Water
This month we would like to invite all Orms clients, to share the very best of their water photography. This can include anything from underwater wildlife photography, surf or watersports, seascapes or other landscape images that feature water, rain, reflections in water and so much more. It is totally up to you – just make sure water is somehow incorporated in your shot, get creative and have fun with it!
The exhibition will open at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography on June 29th, 18h00 – 20h00. Everyone is most welcome, so please make a note in your diary, we would love to see you there.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- Photographers of all levels are welcome to submit their most prized photographs.
- The theme for this exhibition is “Water” as described above, submissions need to relate to the theme.
- Your images need to be submitted via the form below by June 19th, 2017 end of day. Please note, that we cannot accept any images after this date as we will not have enough time to curate, print and hang the exhibition.
- Each submitted photograph needs to be named as per the example in the submission form below. Please note that images not named in this way will not be valid.
- Images will be curated on June 26th.
- Photographers who have successfully passed the curation process and who will have their work included in the exhibition will be notified by June 27th.
- Please note that the contact form will not submit if you haven’t completed all your information, submitted an image and ticked all 3 the boxes below. You also need to make sure you have the correct image sizes.
- The exhibition will have a standardised display, meaning the images will need to be printed and displayed in the same way. Therefore, all images will be printed in A3 size by Orms. If you’d like to print or frame your work differently, feel free to discuss it with us – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should your work already be framed or mounted, please include images of this so that we can see if this fits in with the exhibition.
SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES
Update: Submissions have now closed!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only work submitted via the submission form above will be valid. Images must conform to the image guidelines as above. Each contributing photographer must own the copyright to the images they submitted.
- The form above allows for two images to be submitted at a time, you can, however, refresh the page and submit additional images if you wish to do so.
- Please note that the contact form will not submit if you haven’t completed all your information, submitted an image and ticked all 3 the boxes. You also need to make sure you have the correct image sizes.
- Copyright remains with the photographer, however, by agreeing to the terms and conditions the photographer agrees that his/her work can be used for the promotion of the exhibition.
- Contributing photographers will not be responsible for the printing of their work as Orms will be sponsoring the SPACE Exhibition (June 2017).
- The exhibition will be up at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography between June 29th – July 14th, 2017. Please note that these dates can be changed.
- Should there be a lack of interest, Orms reserves the right to cancel the exhibition.
- You may use the exhibition as a platform to sell your work, however, pricing won’t be displayed on the photographs during the course of the exhibition. The purchase price is entirely up to the photographer. Those interested in purchasing any of the works will deal with the photographer directly and privately – Orms will not be involved in any way.
Sample images to inspire you!
In addition to the exhibition, we’ve put together a few photographic activities to get your creative juices flowing:
TAKING IT UNDERWATER | TALK BY JEAN TRESFON
Get a glimpse into the wondrous world of underwater photography with award-winning underwater photographer Jean Tresfon.
1 June 2017 at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography, book your seat here.
David will be discussing the in’s & out’s of this field, his experience from working on the sets of Black Sails to working with clients like Warner Bros and Paramount and shooting the portraits of Hollywood actors, Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep and Drew Barrymore.
In conjunction with this, he’ll share insight into his personal work: his latest project covering the illegal miners in Johannesburg, along with a project titled, “Concrete”, which all remarkably tie in with his commercial work.
6 June 2017 at the Orms Cape Town School of Photography, book your seat here. Entry FREE!