Nikon announced the new Coolpix P7800 and LD-1000 LED light last week. Both are now available for pre-order.
Nikon announced a few new products last week, including the new Coolpix P7800 compact camera, and the useful LD-1000 LED video light, which is compatible with both Nikon 1-series cameras, and the Coolpix range.
Nikon Coolpix P7800
The Nikon Coolpix P7800 is designed for photography enthusiasts, featuring powerful specifications, manual controls and an electronic viewfinder, all in a sturdy and compact body. Here’s the full specifications:
- 12.2 megapixel 1/1.7″ CMOS sensor.
- 7.1x zoom lens with optical image stabilisation, two ED glass elements and a 7 blade aperture.
- The lens is equivalent to 28-200mm f/2.0-4.0.
- 3″ high resolution articulated screen.
- High resolution electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage.
- 8 frames per second continuous shooting.
- 1/4000s maximum shutter speed.
- Full HD video recording.
- Compatible with optional WiFi and GPS accessories.
Nikon LD-1000 LED Light
The Nikon LD-1000 is very useful LED light intended to improve the lighting in your videos. With an adjustable tripod screw bracket, the light can be mounted to most Nikon Coolpix or Nikon 1-series cameras, and possibly even cameras made by other brands. With no direct connection to the camera, the movie light is also free to be used from any direction or orientation.
LD-1000 mounted on a Nikon Coolpix A.