Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Extender 1.4x
Pre-order now for the Real Deal. 1 day only on the 1st April 2017
Regular Price: R143,995.00
Special Price R125,995.00
The EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender from Canon is a high-performance super-telephoto zoom lens with a built-in 1.4x extender that converts the focal range and maximum aperture to 280-560mm f/5.6.
- High-Performance Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF Mount
- Aperture Range f/4-32
- Built-in 1.4x Extender
- Three-Mode Optical Image Stabilization
- Ring USM Autofocus & Internal Focusing System
- Power Focus Mode for Smooth Focus Shift
- One Fluorite and Four UD Lens Elements
- Fluorine Front & Rear Lens Coating
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water
The EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender from Canon is a high-performance super-telephoto zoom lens with a built-in 1.4x extender that converts the focal range and maximum aperture to 280-560mm f/5.6. The extender is located at the base of the lens and applied with a simple lever switch.
An Image Stabilization system offers up to four shutter speed stops of compensation against camera movement, which is ideal in low-light situations and when shooting at its long focal lengths. Three IS modes are available, each optimized for your shooting subject. There is a mode ideal for static subjects, one for panning with moving subjects and Exposure Only mode that applies stabilization only during exposure, offering you the speed you need to follow fast, erratically moving subjects.
Fast, quiet Auto Focusing (AF) is provided by a ring-type Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM), an internal focusing system, dedicated AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU. Full-time manual focus, which enables the adjustment and fine-tuning of focus even in AF mode, provides precise control over image capture. The Power Focus mode aids focusing during video shooting, allowing the photographer to smoothly adjust focus during filming by twisting the playback ring. Three Focus Limiting Ranges are provided to enable quicker AF in specific situations and AF stop buttons allow you to pause the AF operation if needed. Focus Preset mode allows you to set a focus distance and automatically return to it with just a twist of the playback ring. Focus Preset is available in AF, MF and PF modes.
The EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens features one Fluorite and four Ultra-low Dispersion optical elements that deliver sharper images with fewer chromatic aberrations. Super-spectra lens coatings minimize ghosting and flare and a Fluorine coating on the front and rear lens elements keep oily smears and fingerprints to a minimum.
A rotatable tripod mount provides stable mounting to monopods or tripods and by loosening its orientation locking knob, the camera can be adjusted to shoot horizontally or vertically without removing it from the tripod. Inside the locking knob is found a security slot for wire-type security locks. Dust and water sealing keeps this reliable L-series lens functioning flawlessly in even the most challenging environments.
In addition to its standard accessories, included with this lens are a monopod mount, lens strap, hard case and case strap.
- Image Stabilization
- Four stops of shake correction are provided by the lens' Image Stabilization system which delivers clearer images when shooting in low light situations, when your footing is uncertain or when fast shutter speeds are unobtainable. This lens has three stabilization modes: Standard, Panning and Exposure Only modes. Standard mode (Mode 1) compensates for vibrations in all directions and is effective when shooting static subjects. Panning mode (Mode 2) corrects vertical or horizontal shake depending on the orientation of the camera and is best when panning with moving subjects. Exposure Only mode (Mode 3) applies shake correction only during image exposure and is best used when needing to follow a fast and erratically moving subject. The IS system can also be turned off, and this is best when image stabilization is not needed, such as shooting on a tripod in bright light.
- Fast and Accurate Autofocus
- With an internal focusing system, Ultra-sonic motor (USM), high speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms, the 200-400mm f/4L provides fast, smooth and pinpoint accurate autofocus for use in a variety of applications.
- Internal 1.4x Extender Switch
- A built-in 1.4x optical extender allows you to extend the focal range of your lens with just a simple lever, avoiding time-consuming and potentially damaging lens changes. Located at the base of the lens, the extender has a lock mechanism that is easily disengaged to let you engage the extender. With the extender in place, the focal lengths of your lens increase to 280-560mm but the aperture narrows to f/5.6-45. With the extender engaged, the lens now contains 33 optical elements in 24 groups, its maximum magnification is 0.21x and its diagonal angle of view is 8º-50' to 4º-25'.
- Focus Distance Range
- You can set the focus limiting range to three distinct ranges for faster, more accurate autofocusing. The three ranges are: Full (6.56' to infinity); 6.56 to 19.69'; 19.69' to infinity.
- Power Focus Mode
- Using the playback ring, the Power Focus mode enables smooth, automatic focus shifts which are essential when using the EF 200-400mm f/4 for filmmaking. There are two speeds available in Power Focus Mode.
- Focus Preset
- It is possible to establish a preset focus distance and return to it immediately at any point while in AF, PF or MF modes with a simple left or right twist of the playback ring.
- AF Stop Button
- Four AF Stop Buttons located on the front grip ring allow you to temporarily pause autofocusing.
- Fluorite and UD Lens Elements
- One fluorite and four UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) lens elements correct for chromatic aberrations and provide sharp imaging throughout the zoom range.
- Lens Coating
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver outstanding color balance, while helping to minimize ghosting and flare.
- 9-Blade Circular Aperture
- The 9-blade circular aperture design helps to deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Tripod Mount
- A rotatable tripod mount is built into the lens and by loosening the orientation locking knob on the tripod mount you can rotate the camera for horizontal or vertical imaging without removing it from the tripod.
- Drop-In Filter Holder
- A rear 52(WII)-series drop-in filter holder is included with the lens and allows you to place separately sold pre-cut gelatin filters into the back end of the lens for specific applications.
- Water and Dust Resistant
- With its exceptional design and construction, the L-series 200-400mm f/4 lens is resistant to dust and moisture and ready for shooting in harsh conditions.
- Fluorine Coating
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Security Slot
- An attachment slot is provided for a wire-type security lock. The slot is located under the cover of the orientation locking knob. The wire-type security lock can be purchased separately.
In The Box
In The Box
- E-145C Lens Cap for EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Lens Wide Strap B f/EF 300 / 400 mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- ET-120 Lens Hood
- Lens Case 200-400 for Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender
- 52mm Drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder (Black)
- Monopod Mount
- Strap for Hard Case
|Focal Length||200 - 400 mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||12° - 6° 10'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.00 m|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Fixed - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Rear: 52 mm Bayonet II|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 128.02 x 366.01 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001