Canon PowerShot SX420 IS Camera (Black) (Backordered)
The Canon PowerShot SX420 is a super telephoto bridge camera with a massive 42x optical zoom lens and a 20 Megapixel CCD sensor. The 42x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-1008mm for exceptional reach, while the intelligent image stabilisation, and sensor's 100-1600 ISO range, enables shooting in various conditions.
Backordered with supplier
Canon PowerShot SX420 IS Camera features:
42x optical zoom
A 42x optical zoom lens provides a wide and versatile 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-1008mm. This provides the SX420 to shoot both wide-anle and super-telephoto subjects/scenes.
Picture and video image stabilisation
The Canon PowerShot SX420 IS features an intelligent image stabilisation system that greatly reduces blur/shake in both videos and photos.
20 Megapixel CCD sensor
The 20 megapixel sensor along with the DIGIC 4+ Image processor creates images with rich details and accurate colours.
One touch HD video Recording
With a touch of a button you can effortlessly shoot HD movies (720p) videos at a smooth frame rate of 25 frames per second. Videos are stored in MP4 format for easy viewing on most devices.
Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC for easy sharing
Built-in Wi-Fi® technology allows for on-the-go convenience when you want to share your photos and videos with friends and family. Easily post your images to social networking and media sites – Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube™, Flickr®, and Google Drive™ – through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY directly from your PowerShot SX420 IS camera, or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera can also connect directly to both compatible iOS® and Android™ devices, and upload images via the free Canon Camera Connect app** without a computer.
Auto mode with 32-scene detection
The Canon PowerShot SX420 features automatic scene detection with 32 presets for most shooting conditions. When in automatic mode the camera will take information based on what your shooting and apply one of the presets if needed.
3 inch LCD screen
A 3.0-inch TFT LCD screen provides a clear display for easy image composition, playback, and menu navigation.
In The Box
In The Box
- PowerShot SX420 IS Digital Camera
- Battery Pack NB-11LH
- Battery Charger CB-2LF
- Lens cap (with strap)
- Wrist Strap WS-DC12
Image Capture Device
20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
Approx. 20.0 Megapixels*
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
4.3 (W) - 180.6 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-1008mm)
Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. (1.4m) - infinity (T)
Auto/Manual: 0.0 in. (0.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. (1.4m) - infinity (T)
Macro: 0.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (0-50cm) (W)
Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
Approx. 230,000 dots
Aperture and Shutter
f/3.5 (W), f/6.6 (T)
15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)
Auto, ISO 100-1600
Light Metering Method
Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control
Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
1.6-16.0 ft. (W), 4.6-8.9 ft. (T)
50.0cm - 5.0m (W), 1.4-2.7m (T)
P, Live View Control, Auto, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec. / Custom
Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC
Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 0.5 shots/sec.
Normal Continuous Shooting AF in Low Light mode: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec.
- Under lighting conditions where flash does not fire automatically.
- Excluding RAW and RAW+JPEG.
- Until memory card becomes full.
SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards
Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
Image Recording Format
Superfine / Fine
JPEG Compression Mode
Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels
1) 16:9 - Large: 5152 x 2896; Medium 1: 3648 x 2048; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
2) 3:2 - Large: 5152 x 3432; Medium 1: 3648 x 2432; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
3) 4:3 - Large: 5152 x 3864; Medium 1: 3648 x 2736; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Medium: 2560 x 1920; Small: 640 x 480
4) 1:1 - Large: 3856 x 3856; Medium 1: 2736 x 2736; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
HD 1280 x 720: 25.00 fps
640 x 480: 29.97 fps
Number of Recordable Images
Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
|Medium 1 (M1)||SF||4,717||3,982||3,546||4,717|
|Medium 2 (M2)||SF||13,497||10,563||9,344||12,459|
Note: SF=Superfine F=Fine
Time of Recordable Movies
- The values in the table are based on Canon measurement conditions and may change depending on the subject, memory card and camera settings.
- After Low-level formatting.
|Shooting Mode||Pixels||Frame Rate/Video System||Recording Time per 16 GB Memory Card (Approx.)||Single Clip Recording Time (Approx.)*1||Movie Size (KB/sec.)||Video Recording Bit Rate|
|When Movie button is pressed in Auto||HD
(1280 x 720)
|25.00 fps||2 hr. 35 min. 37 sec.||29 min. 59 sec.||1624||Approx. 15 Mbps|
(640 x 480)
|29.97 fps||8 hr. 25 min.
|1 hr.||450||Approx. 3 Mbps|
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card.
• Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
• Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
Playback Modes File
Protect, Favorites, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, i-Contrast, Resize, Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, My Colors, Photobook Set-up, Scroll Display, Auto Rotate, Resume, Transition Effect
Hi-Speed USB (Mini-B); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
Battery Pack NB-11LH
Approx. 195 shots
Approx. 260 shots in ECO Mode
Video Recording Time: Approx. 50 min.
Approx. 5 hr.
32-104°F / 0-40°C
Dimensions (W x H x D)
4.11 x 2.72 x 3.35 in. / 104.4 x 69.1 x 85.1mm
11.5 oz. / 325g (CIPA standard)
10.9 oz. / 308g (Body only)
* Compatible with iOS versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1.
*** Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001