Canon XF305 HD Professional Camcorder (PAL)
Along with the XF300, the XF305 Professional Camcorder represents Canon's entry into professional solid state video acquisition. Following on the heels of its widely respected XH line of tape-based camcorders, the XF305 takes advantage of the latest HD technology--along with Canon's newly developed MPEG-2 4:2:2 codec--to record Full HD video to widely available Compact Flash cards.
Everything you could want in a handheld, professional camcorder is here in one sleek, affordable package: three 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensors, multiple bit rates (up to 50Mbps), variable resolution and frame rates, industry-standard MXF file wrappers, a newly developed L-Series 18x zoom lens, and full image customization.
In addition to the HDMI/Component/Composite outputs found on the XF300, the XF305 includes HD/SD-SDI output, genlock, and SMPTE time code terminals--widening its range of applications to live and multi-camera shooting. With such exceptional levels of image quality, ergonomics, and control, the XF305 is also the perfect camera for ENG, documentaries, independent features, and event videographers.
- 3 Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensors
- 50Mbps MPEG-2 Recording
- 4:2:2 Color Sampling
- 50p, 50i, 25p
- MXF File Format
- Dual CF Card Slots
- 18x HD L-Series Zoom
- Multiple Bit Rates, Resolutions
- Dual XLR Inputs
- HD/SD-SDI, SMPTE Time Code, Genlock
- MPEG-2 50Mbps Codec
- Canon's adaptation of MPEG-2 for the XF305 Professional Camcorder, named the Canon XF Codec, ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. And by using an MXF file wrapper, video and audio can be wrapped in a single file along with important metadata. The codec's 50Mbps constant bit rate provides the bandwidth needed to capture the XF305's superior resolution and color in spectacular detail.
- 4:2:2 Color Sampling
- The XF305 supports the highest HD quality, with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, up to 50Mbps bit rate and 4:2:2 color sampling. 4:2:2 color sampling provides twice the color resolution of HDV and other codecs that use 4:2:0 color sampling. 4:2:2 provides ultra-fine transitions in tone and color and maintains the highest quality image for use in post production processes such as chroma keying, color grading, advanced compositing and effects.
- Record to Compact Flash Cards
- Unlike other camcorders using proprietary memory systems, the XF305 records to cost effective and readily available Compact Flash (CF) cards (UDMA Type I). The camcorder features two CF card slots and offers versatile recording functions including relay recording, hot swapping, file copy & backup, and pre-record.
File-based recording facilitates workflow by reducing transfer times when moving video to nonlinear editing (NLE) systems. Additionally, metadata can be input at image acquisition, and imagery may be reviewed immediately after recording to ensure every shot is captured and logged correctly.
- Three Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensors
- Newly designed and manufactured exclusively by Canon, the XF305 camcorder incorporates three native 1920 x 1080 CMOS image sensors, which deliver outstanding Full HD video recording with minimal noise. These 1/3-inch sensors enable a compact lens and body design, for greater mobility and quick shooting.
- Multiple Bit Rates, Resolution, & Frame Rates
- Multiple recording modes, resolutions and frame rates make the XF305 Professional Camcorder creatively flexible and able to work in virtually any production environment. From the highest quality 50Mbps Full HD, to the HDV compatible 25Mbps, users will find the camcorder capable of taking on any job. The XF305 Professional Camcorder also offers a full range of selectable frame rates. You can choose between 50i, 50p, and 25p settings to achieve just the look you want.
- Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- The XF305 features Canon's powerful DIGIC DV III Image Processor, which provides enhanced shading, lifelike tonal gradations, new custom picture settings and lower power consumption. DIGIC DV III is also the high-speed engine which powers Genuine Canon Face Detection. On-the-go videographers will appreciate the ability to track one subject in a crowd of people.
- Genuine Canon 18x HD L-Series Lens
- Inspired by the same high level of optical precision used in Canon broadcast and photographic lenses, the Canon XF305 Professional Camcorder incorporates a Genuine Canon 18x HD L-Series lens that features a wide and impressive zoom range of 29.3 - 527.4mm (35mm equivalent). The lens incorporates High Index - Ultra-low Dispersion (HI-UD), Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) and aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberration while delivering a resolution of 1,000 TV lines.
- Instant AF
- When shooting high definition video, sharp focus becomes more critical than ever. Canon's proprietary Instant AF system combines an external AF sensor with Canon's legendary auto focus system for fast and accurate focus. Together, the two sensors reduce focusing time--even in low-light, low contrast, or high brightness situations--and improve focusing performance on difficult subjects.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer
- The XF305 also incorporates a newly designed SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization system (lens shift) with three modes: Standard, Dynamic and Powered.
- Slow Motion & Fast Motion
- Slow and Fast Motion Modes allow the XF305 to record a different frame rate than the playback frame rate, resulting in either a fast or slow motion effect during playback. Since the camera is recording real frames and modifying the playback rate, there is no quality loss and maximum image quality is maintained.
- Interval Recording
- With this feature, users can program the camera to record a specified number of frames at specified intervals. The technique can be used to observe natural phenomena over extended periods, making it ideal for time-lapse applications. The interval can be set in 25 levels ranging from 1 second to 10 minutes. Frame recording is also possible, allowing a specified number of frames to be recorded--ideal for projects such as clay animation.
- Brilliant Ergonomics
- The XF305 sets a new standard for ergonomic design in compact pro camcorders. It is designed from the ground up to maximize handheld shooting comfort and usability. Controls are ideally placed making the camera feel like a natural extension of the operator's body. Additionally, the XF305 features a redesigned layout to make using the camcorder highly intuitive. New users and users switching from other products will find the button layout, camera menu system and camera controls immediately familiar.
- 4" 1.23MP LCD Monitor
- A 4" 1.23-megapixel LCD monitor provides a large, accurate area for critical focus confirmation and approximately 100% field of view. The display is freely rotating--able to open on both the right and left side of the camera body. The display also features an additional 35° of forward movement past normal position.
- High Resolution, 1.55MP Viewfinder
- The XF305 features a 0.52" 1.55 Megapixel Color EVF and approximately 100% field of view coverage for comfortable viewing and accurate judgment of composition, focus and color. The angle of the viewfinder is adjustable for additional user comfort and when using the LCD display for monitoring. The EVF can be used as a cheek pad to ensure three points of contact when hand holding and maximizing stability. This makes the camcorder much easier to manage during extended recording periods and long days of shooting.
- Edge Monitor Focus Assist System
- With Canon's new Edge Monitor Focus Assist system, a red and green monitor is shown at the bottom of the LCD display and three red focus check areas are shown across the display. The green waveform shows overall focus of the image, while the red waveform shows the focus status of the focus check boxes. Through this dynamic focus feedback, the user can intuitively tune focus in a scene and quickly change the zone of focus.
- Two peaking modes and a magnify focus assist function are available in standby and record mode (LCD monitor and EVF), making it extremely easy for the XF305 operator to check and confirm critical focus.
- Exceptional Customization
- Users of the XF305 have full manual control of all camera functions to adapt to both technical and artistic challenges when shooting. For maximum customization, users have access to Custom Picture Settings, Custom Functions and Custom Display Options to tailor the camera to match their creative and production needs. Any combination of these items can be saved to an SD memory card for easy setup and matching of multiple XF305 and XF300 camcorders.
- Custom Picture Settings
- You can manually set an extensive variety of image quality adjustments and store them as 9 different presets. The adjustments include: Gamma, Black Level, Black Gamma, Low Key Saturation, Knee, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Skin Detail, Selective Noise Reduction, Color Matrix, White Balance, Color Correction and Setup Level.
- Custom Functions
- The XF305's operation can be further fine-tuned through the use of custom functions. This allows the camcorder to truly match your shooting style. A total of 12 unique items can be adjusted, including: Shockless Gain, Shockless White Balance, AE Response, Iris Limit, Iris Ring Direction, Focus Ring Control and Character Record. And for quick access to commonly used functions, the XF305 features 13 customizable control buttons.
- Custom Display
- The Custom Display function lets you set 32 display items to create a custom LCD/EVF to suit your specific needs. Items that can be selected include: Zoom Position, Audio Level, Remaining Record Time, Exposure, Object Distance, Time Code and more.
- MXF Wrapper
- The XF305 uses Material Exchange Format (MXF) for its file structure--an internationally standardized container format for the exchange of video and audio material. Using the MXF format, video and audio can be wrapped into a single file along with important metadata. With MXF, the XF305 will not only benefit from the highest level of compatibility with NLE systems, but also with high-end network systems used by many networks and production studios.
- HD-SDI Output, Genlock & SMPTE Time Code
- Aside from providing the professional user with complete control over the image, the Canon XF305 also provides complete creative freedom when it comes to inputs and outputs. It features industry standard HD-SDI output, genlock input and time code input/output terminals (BNC style), making it ideally suited for multi-camera or 3-D productions. Also included are the same connections found on the XF300: HDMI, Component, and Composite output, as well as USB and LANC terminals.
- Audio System
- A stereo microphone is incorporated into the XF305, as are two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power. The built-in microphone provides exceptional audio in fast-paced situations while the XLR inputs provide connectivity to external microphones and other professional audio devices. If you choose, the built-in microphone and XLR input can be used simultaneously.
Audio is recorded in 16-bit PCM format at 48kHz for amazing quality and fidelity. And both the built-in microphone and XLR inputs have the option for automatic or full manual gain control. To prevent variations in the recorded audio level, the dial can also be locked.
- Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope
- Videographers depend on these features to confirm accurate exposure and color levels during the capture process. Typically only found on expensive external units, the Canon XF305 camcorder has a waveform monitor and vectorscope built right into the camera. The waveform monitor shows a detailed view of overall image brightness and RGB components. The onboard vectorscope provides real-time image hue and saturation analysis, making it easy to check color balance and see the result of white balance adjustments.
- Color Bars with Reference Tone
- Two types of color bars can be selected: Type 1 (SMPTE compliant) or Type 2 (ARIB compliant); 1 kHz Reference Tone: -12dB, -18dB, 20dB or OFF
- Smooth and efficient workflow is an essential part of the production process. Canon's XF Codec is supported by the industry's leading manufacturers: Adobe, Apple, Avid and Grass Valley. This ensures the widest compatibility with existing infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) software.
- Intelligent Battery System
- The XF305 is compatible with Canon's new BP-955 and BP-975 Intelligent Lithium-ion batteries. These batteries communicate remaining running time (down to the minute) and wear data back to the camcorder, so the user is well-informed at all times. On the outside of the battery, four LED lamps allow battery life to be viewed quickly when in the field. Additionally, the camcorder is compatible with existing Canon BP-900 series batteries. Batteries can also be inserted and removed while the supplied AC power cable is connected.
- Photo Capture
- For applications such as storyboarding, continuity and publicity shots, the XF305 offers the ability to capture 1920 x 1080 still images. Photos may be captured to an SD memory card during the time of recording, as well as "frame grabbed" during playback.
- Bundled Canon XF Utility Software
- Compatible for use on both Mac and Windows platforms, Canon's XF Utility software provides a simplified first step in the process of managing and playing back your clips. Additionally, the software can manage lists of clips in a number of display formats, as well as tag, add and edit metadata. It also serves as an efficient means of backing up media.
In The Box
In The Box
- Canon XF305 HD Professional Camcorder
- Lens Hood
- BP-955 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (5200mAh)
- CA-930 Compact Power Adapter
- DC Cable
- WL-D6000 Wireless Controller
- Shoulder Strap
- Component Cable
- Utilities Disk
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001