- DJI Ronin 2 Professional Combo 3-Axis Gimbal (Special Order)
DJI Ronin 2 Professional Combo 3-Axis Gimbal (Special Order)
Please note: In the event that a refund is requested on any DJI product for reasons not based on the rules set out in the Consumer Protection Act, and that product has been registered and/or activated, a 20% handling fee will be applicable.
- Professional 3-Axis Gimbal for DSLRs / Cinema Cameras
- 13.6kg Payload Capacity
- Enhanced SmoothTrack Algorithm and GPS
- Upright, Underslung, and Briefcase Modes
- Easy Underslung/Upright Transitions
- 2-Axis Mode for Use with Steadicam
- Retractable Feet/Self-Supporting Design
- Camera Control for Select Cameras
- 2.4 / 5.8 GHz Switchable Remote
- Over 1km Control Range
3 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
Professional 3-axis stabilisation
The Ronin 2 provides film makers with smooth and progressive stabilisation on 3 axes: pan, tilt, and roll. The stabilisation is done by strong motors and electronic speed controllers that actively compensates for any high frequency movement, providing smooth video for professional use.
More powerful, higher torque motors with 13.6kg and long/telephoto lens support
With up to eight times more powerful motors than previous models, the DJI Ronin 2 can accurately stabilise large camera kits of up to 13.6kg, even with long telephoto lenses, at sustained speeds of over 120km/h.
Flexible mounting and versatile design
The Ronin 2 is extremely versatile thanks to a clever design that enables the gimbal to be mounted onto cable cams, drones, cranes, vehicle mounts, steadicams and more. A newly designed detachable Grip allows Ronin 2 to stand up on its own and is easily separated when the lower part of the hand grip is not needed.
Easier to setup
Mounting and balancing has been greatly streamlined on the Ronin 2. This is thanks to integrated adjustment knobs, a re-designed camera mounting base, and an integrated touch screen for settings and adjustments.
The Ronin 2 features an integrated touchscreen to enable quick access to gimbal settings, adjustments, and intelligent features. Additionally the touchscreen can also change settings on a RED camera.
New controller and compatible with 3rd party controller
The Ronin 2 features a new remote controller that provides dedicated controls for joystick input speed and start/stop recording. The remote controller features an unobstructed control range of over 1 km. Additionally the Ronin 2 is also compatible with third party remote controllers such as hand wheels and traditional remotes through the onboard D-Bus port.
The SmoothTrack system translates your movements into smooth camera angle changes. Smoothtrack works automatically and does not need input from another user. Smoothtrack intuitively faces the camera in the direction you want, all while completely stabilized. Settings from speed to deadband to acceleration are fully customizable, and ‘Single Axis Follow Mode’ enables you to lock two axes while SmoothTrack guides your camera along only one axis of motion.
Smart Timelapse, Panorama, Camanchor & More
The DJI Ronin 2 features smart shooting modes such as Timelapse, Panorama, Camanchor & More. This removes the need for specialist expertise or additional equipment to get studio-oriented smart features.
Dual battery with 14.4V accessory/camera power ports
Powering the Ronin 2 is two 4280 mAh batteries giving the gimbal a maximum runtime of up to 8 hours. The batteries also power a 4 port 14.4V power hub capable of powering a RED camera and select accessories. The batteries are also hot-swapable to keep the camera and accessories powered and maximize shooting time.
- A built-in GPS provides the Ronin 2 with acceleration and speed information, which is used to stabilise the camera when moving at high speeds.
- Extreme durability thanks to a carbon fiber build, splash-proof enclosed motors, and self-heating batteries.
- Operation Modes: Underslung, Upright, Briefcase, Handheld, Car Mount, Aerial, Tripod, & Steadicam.
- Upgradable firmware
- Expanded Gimbal Assistant App. Available for iOS 9 or above; or Android 4.4 or above.
- Ronin 2 Gimbal ×1
- Ronin 2 Power Hub ×1
- Camera Dovetail Plate ×1
- Camera Upper Mounting Plate ×1
- Remote Controller (w/ Neckstrap) ×1
- TB50 Battery Mount ×1
- Intelligent Battery (TB50) ×2
- Battery Charger ×1
- Battery Charger Power Cable ×1
- Quad Charging Hub ×1
- Grip (w/ Fold-away Feet) ×1
- Accessories Package (Screws & Hex Tool) ×1
- Cables Package (Red Power Cable, Arri Power Cable, 2-pin Power Cable, DC Power Cable, 6-pin-to-P-tap Adapter, USB-C Data Cable, Control Cable for Red, Control Cable for Arri, 20cm SDI Cable, 50cm SDI cable, Ronin 2 Power Cable, S-Bus Receiver Cable, 1 each.) ×1
- Manuals Package ×1
- Monitor Mounting Bracket ×1
- 15mm Rod Mount ×1
- 15mm Rod ×2
- Ronin 2 Universal Mount ×1
- Water Tight Protective Case ×1
|Built-In Functions||Operation Modes|
-Handheld, Car Mount, Aerial, Tripod, & Steadicam Mode
Built-in, independent IMU module
DJI Advanced 32-Bit ARM Processor
DJI Specialized Gimbal Drive Motors with Encoders
Dual Battery System
D-Bus Receiver Supported
2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz Receiver
Built-in Touch Panel
USB Type-C Connection
Power and Video Signal through Slip Ring
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
|Working Current||Static current: 300 mA (@22.8 V)|
Dynamic current: 500 mA (@22.8 V)
Locked motor current: Max 15 A (@22.8 V)
|Run Time||8 hours|
2.5 hours (when powering gimbal, camera and accessories at the same time)
|Operating Temperature||-4°F ~ 122°F (-20°C ~ 50°C)|
|Weight||Including handle bar: 12 lb (5.5 kg)|
Excluding handle bar: 9 lb (4.2 kg)
|Gimbal Dimensions||Excluding handle bar: 350 mm (W) x 416 mm (D) x 530 mm (H)|
Including handle bar: 630 mm (W) x 416 mm (D) x 720 mm (H)
|Camera Tray Dimensions||Maximum depth from the center of gravity on camera base plate: 245 mm|
Maximum height measured from top of the camera base plate: 165 mm
Maximum width: 180 mm
|Accessory Power Connections||14.4 V x 4 Camera Cage (Combined 8 A), 12.6 V x 2 Pan Motor (Combined 4 A), 12.6 V x1 P-Tap (8 A)|
|GCU Input Power||Intelligent Battery: 4280 mAh-22.8 V|
|Connections||2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz Remote Control, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C|
|PC Assistant Software Requirements||Windows 7 or above; Mac OS X 10.11 or above|
|Mobile Assistant Software Requirements||iOS 9 or above; Android 4.4 or above|
|Load Weight (Reference Value)||30 lbs (13.6 kg)|
|Angular Vibration Range||± 0.02°|
|Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed||Pan axis: 400°/s|
Tilt axis: 360°/s
Roll axis: 360°/s
|Mechanical Endpoint Range||Pan axis control: 360° continuous rotation|
Tilt axis control: ±135°
Roll axis control: ±220°
|Controlled Rotation Range||Pan axis control: 360° continuous rotation|
Tilt axis control: +45° to -135°
Roll axis control: ±45°
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001