Job Title: USED GEAR & RENTALS CONSULTANT
Based at: Orms Cape TownLooking for a well-spoken and friendly consultant to assist in everyday tasks in the rental and used gear departments. A background in photographic and video industry would be an advantage. This position would require good attention to detail and organizational skills. Candidate would need to interact with clients on a daily basis and be able to work in a fast-changing environment to give the best possible service. Must be willing to work Saturdays.
Summary Of Job DescriptionUsed Gear:
- • Assisting sales floor on trade ins and gear valuations (General queries)
- • Answering used gear emails and providing trade in values
- • Maintaining used gear store display
- • Assisting in used gear paperwork and filling
- • Packing accessories and keeping an eye on availability.
- • Arranging courier of used gear to and from clients
- • Booking and following up on repairs and Quotes
- • Loading used gear online
- • Checking quality and rating of gear
- • Stock labelling
- • Monitoring waiting list
- • Client queries
- • Making and managing bookings
- • Generating invoices and client interaction
- • Checking and cleaning gear
- • Filing rental paperwork and updating client information
- • Following up on outstanding gear
Qualifications & ExperienceMatric and able to converse in English & Afrikaans.
A keen interest in Photography.
A diploma/degree in photography/video production & TV or similar would be an added advantage.
Computer literate, specific Excel & Outlook.
Inherent/Specific Requirements To Do The Job:Friendly, smiling, approachable demeanor.
Dress neatly – no unsightly facial rings and/or hair.
Ensure that you keep your technical knowledge up-to-date at all times.
A keen interest in photography as a hobby or alternatively and photographic diploma/degree.
Willing to assist clients to the very best of your ability.
Key Performance Competencies:
- • Computer literate, specific Excel & Outlook
- • Professionalism
- • Dependability
- • Team work
- • Good time management & neatness.
- • Outstanding communication skills – ability to listen and understand.
- • Know & understand the working procedures, methods, facts & information used on the job.
- • Be willing to assist others and accept added responsibility.
- • Organizational ability.
- • Technical skills.
- • Ensure that you remain up-to-date with the latest digital technology.
- • Friendliness.
- • Outgoing personality with a professional approach.
- • Keen interest in photography or filming.
- • Computer literate viz MS Office
- • Flexibility in the workplace.
- • Willing to learn.
- • Enjoys interacting with people
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR LAYOUT DESIGNER
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder direction, acts as an intermediary between Orms Print Room & Framing and the client to meet the client’s need for design, product information and Create & Print software and order support. The Designer needs to conceptualise the client’s needs to meet their expectations. The designer also needs to communicate any of the client’s concerns to management and provides specialized assistance to the clientele, maintaining a high standard of both e-mail, telephonic and instore support.
SCOPEThe role of a designer is to be responsible for all tasks involving: consulting with clients to understand the clients design requirements and efficient execution of the brief with attention to detail. The designer is responsible for assisting customers via email, telephonically and in person; providing the correct print ready pre-press files to the production team that have been signed off by the client; general office administration; relaying all relevant information to production staff as well as the department manager; prioritizes workload to meet deadlines, maintains equipment and software; supervises trainee assistants; and performs related work as required by management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESExamples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature. Key duties and responsibilities are not limited to the following list but only offer a guideline as to the main activities of the responsible individual. Management may instruct the responsible individual to complete additional work across the departments as needed and within reason.
DAILY OPERATION – Order Processing• Process all orders with clear instructions on the job sheet to production team after sign off and payment by client. All orders to be signed off by clients before going to print.
• Provide print ready files to production team for printing orders. Double check that there are no visible errors before processing; errors may include text too close to edge, missing pictures, image errors or inconsistency, incorrect colour profiles, varying font sizes, incorrect bleed, incorrect file size, page or image duplication etc.
• Organise filing and placement of job tickets and job folders as per agreed method
• Make sure backups are completed on a monthly basis as per agreed method to the design backup
• Album exposure updates and archiving jobs
• Designer log – updated daily and in full
• Following up on orders in production
• Checking design orders on completion for any printing flaws
• Courtesy emails to be sent to client on completion of an order
• Giving a digital backup of the completed works to the client on payment/collection
• Remain in constant communication with clients, ensuring emails are answered efficiently and correctly, understanding the information provided. Follow up emails are of the utmost importance.
• Effective and efficient communication is imperative with clients, staff members, supervisors and management
• Ensure that in times of absence a full detailed hand over is submitted to your department and management with all completed paperwork
DAILY OPERATION – Office Administration & Client Liaison• Make appointments with customers enquiring about design and briefing them what to bring along to their appointment that will help get the design process started
• Consult with clients to understand their design briefs – Design is not limited only to Photobook design but all create and print products as well as retouching/restoration or the design, set-up or layout of any products to be printed by Orms
• Before going ahead with design, provide client with a pro-forma and accurate estimation of amount of design hours to be billed (Ensuring to provide a buffer for any additional changes) Ensure that the client is also briefed on how long the process will take and that upon sign off of the design, that the full payment will be expected before the order goes in for print production
• Receive and respond to client calls, emails and counter interactions ensuring all communication is efficient and empathetic, utilising professional, friendly communication skills and etiquette
• Follow the established policies and company culture in all client communication
• Undertake outbound calls and emails in order to complete internal requests and other actionable items. Ensure that all e-mail queries are dealt with promptly within less than 24hrs of receipt
• Redirect inbound calls to the relevant divisions within the business – understand the phone list and roles of staff within the company in order to direct calls to the relevant departments and staff
• Ensure data entry and information processing are dealt with effectively to ensure information accuracy and integrity
• Advise and support clients in using Orms Create & Print software queries and solve any issues users may be experiencing in software setup or use.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients
• Monitor client satisfaction through follow up on solving client issues and problems
• Collaborate with clients to identify and implement value added services
• Recommend implementation that will enhance processes
• Provide feedback to management on any and all areas of improvement or concern
• Bring any customer complaints and redo’s immediately to management’s attention
• DEAL WITH URGENCIES QUICKLY
DAILY OPERATION – Financial Administration• Process card and EFT payments and keep the necessary record needed for the accounts department to match up payments
• Check G-Drive daily for proof of EFT payments. When payments reflect, ensure that pro-formas are converted within 24 hrs max and the G-Drive updated with the invoice number
• Invoice as required, ensuring that all paperwork is with the final completed job
• Quoting customers as required and as quickly as possible to secure the job
• Follow up on outstanding quotes weekly where clients have not provided feedback
TRAINING & SUPPORT• Supervise, train and direct the work of trainee employees/assistants and short-term non-continuing employees as needed.
• Complete all necessary training documentation when being trained or when performing any training.
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT• Maintain a positive attitude, good communication & treat staff in a respectful manner while being a team player. Always remember that you are an ambassador of the Orms brand
• Professional work ethic – individuals must conduct themselves in a professional, respectful manner.
• Stick to company lead times including a window for error for unforeseen machine down time
• Discuss problems when they arise to avoid situations being blown out of proportion.
• Maintain a neat and presentable presence during work hours – this includes wearing supplied ORMS apparel weekly.
• Keep work station & reception area neat and clean at all times.
ABILITY TO:Work independently with a minimum of direction; plan individual work assignments; detail oriented; work with highly technical and complex projects within defined deadlines; provide friendly quality support/assistance with speed, efficiency and accuracy. Offer assistance outside expected duties to clients on any query in ORMS PRINTROOM and FRAMING.
Learn new procedures and the operation of new software quickly; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work under pressure to meet deadlines; establish and maintain effective working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
KNOWLEDGE OF:Expert knowledge of Create & Print software, Photoshop, InDesign and album exposure. Online and offline order procedures. Various papers and their sizes, weights, grades and uses. Printers and their applications. Knowledge of all Create and Print products and Print Room products. Working knowledge of materials and equipment used in ORMS PRINTROOM AND FRAMING and ORMS CREATE AND PRINT, for example: printing, framing, binding and finishing. Basic accounting principles and working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Please send your CV, in confidence, to email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted