Job Title: Junior Framing Consultant
Based at: Orms Print Room Cape TownAn exciting, full-time position is available at Orms as a Framing Consultant. Orms offers a wide range of traditional picture framing techniques, from cut-&-join framing and conservation framing, to shadow box framing, block mounting, custom framing, canvas stretching and more..
Summary Of Job DescriptionYou will be working as part of a small sales team and will need to be self-motivated with excellent communication and customer service skills. The job consists of serving our retail and trade clients from consultation through to complete fulfilment of their framing and printing requirements. You will be required to advise on framing for several types of media including fine art, photographic content and 3d objects. As a consultant you will also be tasked to assist with file setup and will be required to manage your orders through production and delivery to the client.
Qualifications & ExperienceThe successful candidate will gain excellent technical knowledge across all aspects of the framing process, including the mounting and display of art works and all aspects of conservation level frame making - including all specialty glazing products currently available.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Professional and friendly
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive, positive and motivated to succeed
- Willing to learn and go the extra mile for clients and the team
- Creative vision
Job Title: USED GEAR & RENTALS CONSULTANT
Based at: Orms Cape TownLooking for a well-spoken and friendly consultant to assist in everyday tasks in the rental and used gear departments. A background in photographic and video industry would be an advantage. This position would require good attention to detail and organizational skills. Candidate would need to interact with clients on a daily basis and be able to work in a fast-changing environment to give the best possible service. Must be willing to work Saturdays.
Summary Of Job DescriptionUsed Gear:
- • Assisting sales floor on trade ins and gear valuations (General queries)
- • Answering used gear emails and providing trade in values
- • Maintaining used gear store display
- • Assisting in used gear paperwork and filling
- • Packing accessories and keeping an eye on availability.
- • Arranging courier of used gear to and from clients
- • Booking and following up on repairs and Quotes
- • Loading used gear online
- • Checking quality and rating of gear
- • Stock labelling
- • Monitoring waiting list
- • Client queries
- • Making and managing bookings
- • Generating invoices and client interaction
- • Checking and cleaning gear
- • Filing rental paperwork and updating client information
- • Following up on outstanding gear
Qualifications & ExperienceMatric and able to converse in English & Afrikaans.
A keen interest in Photography.
A diploma/degree in photography/video production & TV or similar would be an added advantage.
Computer literate, specific Excel & Outlook.
Inherent/Specific Requirements To Do The Job:Friendly, smiling, approachable demeanor.
Dress neatly – no unsightly facial rings and/or hair.
Ensure that you keep your technical knowledge up-to-date at all times.
A keen interest in photography as a hobby or alternatively and photographic diploma/degree.
Willing to assist clients to the very best of your ability.
Key Performance Competencies:
- • Computer literate, specific Excel & Outlook
- • Professionalism
- • Dependability
- • Team work
- • Good time management & neatness.
- • Outstanding communication skills – ability to listen and understand.
- • Know & understand the working procedures, methods, facts & information used on the job.
- • Be willing to assist others and accept added responsibility.
- • Organizational ability.
- • Technical skills.
- • Ensure that you remain up-to-date with the latest digital technology.
- • Friendliness.
- • Outgoing personality with a professional approach.
- • Keen interest in photography or filming.
- • Computer literate viz MS Office
- • Flexibility in the workplace.
- • Willing to learn.
- • Enjoys interacting with people