LaCie 8TB 2big Quadra USB 3.0 2-Bay RAID
The 8TB 2Big Quadra USB 3.0 2-Bay RAID from LaCie features 5Gb/s max uplink and downlink speeds to transfer your data quickly and efficiently.
- 8TB Storage Capacity
- 1 x USB 3.0/USB 2.0 Compatible Port
- 2 x FireWire 800 (9-pin) Ports
- 7200rpm Rotational Speed
- 32MB Cache
- Integrated LaCie Shortcut Button
- Silent Cooling Zero Vibration Fan
The 8TB 2Big Quadra USB 3.0 2-Bay RAID from LaCie features 5Gb/s max uplink and downlink speeds to transfer your data quickly and efficiently. Connect this hard drive array via either one of the two integrated FireWire 800/400 ports or the USB 3.0 port. Everything within the aluminum enclosure is kept cool with a heat sink chassis design, a redesigned fan, and jumbo heat exhausts.
Take advantage of a variety of RAID modes including the preconfigured RAID 0 as well as RAID 1. The preconfigured RAID 0 mode provides zero redundancy with improved performance. In this configuration a single failure destroys the entire array. RAID 1 provides mirroring without parity or striping. Data is written identically to two drives, thereby producing a "mirrored set" ensuring data backup and security.
- Enhanced Data Transfer Speed
- With USB 3.0 and UAS compatibility, the LaCie 2big Quadra delivers optimized performance for PC and Mac. Its two 7200rpm professional hard disks come preconfigured in RAID 0 providing up to 210MB/s data transfer speeds on PCs or late-model Macs. The hardware RAID controller ensures sustained performance and prevents dropped frames.
- Universal Connectivity for Compatibility
- Don't let your project get derailed by external drive/computer incompatibility. With its multiple interfaces, the LaCie 2big Quadra is the perfect match for any Mac or PC. If your computer is compatible with USB 3.0 or FireWire 800, you should use those ports for best performance. But thanks to backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and FireWire400 you can connect the LaCie 2big Quadra to nearly any standard computer of any era.
- Comprehensive Data Protection
- The LaCie 2big Quadra features RAID 1 and hot-swappable disks, so your data is kept safe even if a drive fails. Simply swap in a new disk without switching off the device. You also won't lose any data if, during a file transfer, someone trips over the interface or power cable. The LaCie 2big Quadra's cable management system keeps all of the cables safely connected to the enclosure. You can also backup your entire workstation with professional backup software that lets you perform file-level and even system-level backup and restore.
- Dual Cooling System
- The dual cooling system found within the LaCie 2big Quadra enclosure consists of three key components: a heat-dissipating aluminum casing, a completely redesigned fan, and jumbo heat exhausts. For the enclosure, its solid-aluminum heat sink design provides 60% more surface area than flat designs, diverting and dissipating heat more efficiently. Its new magnetic levitation fan generates zero vibration or friction. The dual cooling system pulls heat away from the internal components while being 50% quieter than previous generations. The fan is also thermo-regulated, so it controls its speed according to the ambient temperature.
- Convenient Design
- With a space-saving design the LaCie 2big Quadra can be positioned alone vertically thus reducing its footprint on your desktop. Neatly stack it with the LaCie 2big Desk Rack or standard 19" Rackmount Kit. You can also set up email alerts enabling remote monitoring of the device before potential problems escalate. Changing the RAID mode is convenient thanks to two-step Easy RAID configuration. The integrated Eco mode puts the hard disks to sleep after a period of interactivity. This prevents overheating and controls power usage.
In The Box
In The Box
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 2.0 Compatible)
- FireWire 800 Cable
- Drive Stand
- External Power Supply
- Quick Install Guide
- CD with User Manual and Software
- Cable Management
|Interface||1 x USB 3.0 Port (UAS compatible USB 2.0 compatible)
2 x FireWire 800 (9-pin) Ports
|Cache||32MB or greater|
|Interface Transfer Rate (Max)||USB 3.0: 5Gb/s
USB 2.0: 480Mb/s
FireWire 800: 800Mb/s
FireWire 400: 400Mb/s
|Average Transfer Rate||USB 3.0: Up to 210MB/s
USB 2.0: Up to 35MB/s
FireWire 800: Up to 82MB/s
FireWire 400: Up to 40MB/s
|Supported RAID Levels||Preconfigured RAID 0
Modes: RAID 0 (Fast)/RAID 1 (Safe)
Easy RAID selection
|Security||System monitoring and email alerts for temperature and RAID events
Kensington lock compatible
|Lacie Shortcut Button||Launch any application (backup, music, slideshow, etc) by pushing the front button|
|Power Supply||100-240VAC; 50/60Hz
Power down drives without breaking daisy chain connection
|Silent Cooling||Aluminum enclosure with heat sink design for 60% better cooling
Quiet, zero-vibration cooling fan
|Software||LaCie Desktop Manager (controls front LED behavior, shortcut button configuration, Eco mode and email alerts for temperature or RAID events)
Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
Genie Backup Manager Pro for PC
Intego Backup Manger Pro for Mac
|Noise||Average Value (idle): 21.9dB
Average Value (stress): 32.3dB
|System Requirements||Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Mac OS X 10.5(Intel only), 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 or greater
Computer with a FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port
Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||91 x 172 x 200 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001