LaCie d2 Quadra 4TB External Hard Drive - FW800 / USB3.0
The LaCie d2 Quadra 1TB External Hard Drive is a cross-platform, high-capacity, high-performance external drive, well-suited to handle the backup and storage demands of creative professionals.
The LaCie d2 Quadra 4TB External Hard Drive is a cross-platform, high-capacity, high-performance external drive, well-suited to handle the backup and storage demands of creative professionals. Designed to work with either your Windows or Mac computer, this drive features a large capacity of 4TB, a 7200rpm disk speed, 32MB of onboard cache, and an impressive mix of three different interfaces. It has a blazing fast USB 3.0 port, an eSATA 3Gbps port, and two FireWire 800 ports. Although Mac OS X typically doesn't support USB 3.0 connections, LaCie has created a driver that allows you to use this interface with your Mac (also requires a LaCie USB 3.0 card for your computer). Also with regard to Mac computers, the two FireWire 800 ports allow you to daisy-chain the drive. With the drive, you can transfer data at up to 130MB/s via USB 3.0, 115MB/s via eSATA, and 85MB/s via FireWire 800.
The drive also features a heat-sink design for heat dissipation as well as a programmable eco-management mode. It comes with Genie Backup Assistant and Intego Backup Assistant sfotware for backing up your data and restoring any data that you might have accidentally deleted. Whether you stack it with other d2 Quadra drives, mount it in a rack, or stand it upright, this drive is a versatile, exceptional backup and storage solution for the consumer or creative professional.
The Professional Choice for Performance and Reliability
- This drive is an excellent choice for creative professionals who need fast data transfer speeds and a large storage capacity. This drive features a 7200rpm disk speed as well as 4TB of storage. Plus, with the USB 3.0 interface, it can achieve data transfer speeds of up to 130MB/s
- The drive can also transfer data at a fast rate of 115MB/s via the eSATA interface and 85MB/s via the FireWire 800 interface
The Professional Choice for Cross-Platform Applications
- The d2 Quadra features a variety of interfaces that work with both Mac and Windows computers, including one USB 3.0 port, two FireWire 800 ports for daisy chaining, as well as an eSATA 3Gbps port. With all of its interfaces, the d2 Quadra has universal connectivity, so it is easy to back up and restore any workstation, no matter the configuration and interface
- Thanks to LaCie's USB 3.0 driver for Mac OS, the USB 3.0 port is compatible on Mac computers
- The USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and the FireWire 800 ports are backwards compatible with FireWire 400
The Professional Choice for Design
- The unique, fanless aluminum heat sink design provides an increased surface area, keeping it quiet, safe, and free from dust inside
- The drive can also stand upright, be stacked horizontally with other drives, or even be rackmounted to save desktop space
- The drive is a superb solution for heavy storage users who want off-site backups and archives of any work environment
- For superior energy efficiency, this drive also has a programmable eco mode, which automatically conserves energy if the drive is inactive for a certain period of time
- This drive is recyclable and ROHS-compliant
The Professional Choice for Functional and User-Centric Features
- With the preloaded LaCie Desktop Manager, you can easily configure the shortcut button to launch the application of your choice in one push and configure your drive's eco mode
- The two-color front LED indicator allows you to easily check the drive's status
- For a simple and user-friendly backup and file retrieval, LaCie's also included the Genie Backup Assistant software and Intego Backup Assistant software with data restore for Windows and Mac computers
In The Box
In The Box
LaCie d2 Quadra 1TB External Hard Drive
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Cable (USB 2.0 Compatible)
- eSATA-to-eSATA Cable
- FireWire 800 (9-pin) Cable
- External Power Supply
- Drive Stand for Upright Use
- Preloaded LaCie Utilities and Software:
- LaCie Setup Assistant
- LaCie Desktop Manager
- LaCie Backup Assistant with Data Restore for Windows XP, Vista, 7
- LaCie Backup Assistant with Data Restore for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
- Quick Install Guide
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
|Interface||2x FireWire 800 (9-pin) port
1x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 compatible)
1x eSATA 3Gbps port
|Data Transfer Rate||FireWire 800: up to 800Mbps
USB 3.0: up to 5Gbps
eSATA 3Gbps: up to 3Gbps
USB 2.0: up to 480Mbps
|Maximum Transfer Rate||Maximum Bus Speed
FireWire 800: up to 85MB/s
USB 3.0: up to 130MB/s
USB 2.0: up to 35MB/s
eSATA 3Gbps: up to 115MB/s
Note: These maximum transfer rates were achieved using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. Performance test system: Windows 7 32-bit, Intel Core i7 860, 2 x Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC16000 CL9 2GB. Burst transfer rates vary from one computer to another and may vary slightly from one drive to another. Average speed is usually lower depending on host configuration
|System Requirements||Computer with an USB 3.0, USB 2.0, eSATA 3Gb/s, FireWire 800, or FireWire 400 port
Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 or greater
Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
|Mounting||Upright or horizontally|
|Power Requirements||Not specified by the manufacturer|
|Environmental Requirements||Not specified by the manufacturer|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||6 x 16.8 x 18.3 cm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001