LaCie Rugged 1TB Mini External Hard Drive - USB3.0
The LaCie Rugged Mini Portable Hard Drive provides 1TB of space for storing your data. In addition, the drive, as its name suggests, has a hard-boiled design that can stand up to the hazards of daily living.
- USB 3.0 Interface
- 5400 RPM Speed
- Transfer Rate Up to 5Gb/s
- 47.2" Maximum Drop Height
- LaCie Private-Public Software
- Automatic Backup
- 10GB of Wuala Online Storage
The LaCie Rugged Mini Portable Hard Drive provides 1TB of space for storing your data. In addition, the drive, as its name suggests, has a hard-boiled design that can stand up to the hazards of daily living. In fact, this drive can take a fall from up to 47.2" (non-operating mode) without harm to the drive or your information. The Rugged Mini is also pressure-resistant and rain-resistant as well. However, the familiar orange trim probably already told you that.
Being tough is one thing, but the Rugged Mini is also a true performer. The drive features a USB 3.0 interface - which is also USB 2.0 compliant - and a transfer rate of up to 5Gb/s. When it comes to RPMs, the drive functions at 5400 rotations per minute. Beyond speed, the Rugged Mini has security on its agenda. The LaCie Private-Public software that comes built-into the drive ensures that you can keep private files private with the help of a password protected section of the drive. Additional features like Automatic Backup and 10GB of free storage on Wuala's Online Storage also give you peace-of-mind when it comes to your data.
- The Smallest Member of the Rugged Family
- With its iconic orange design and secure form factor, the Rugged has been one of our most popular hard drives. With the Rugged Mini, we've shrunk the Rugged, and added tons of new features, making it a solid investment for on-the-go data transport
- Maximum Reliability
- The LaCie Rugged Mini Hard Disk shares features with our popular Rugged Hard Disk, like shock resistance, drop resistance, and a rubber sleeve for added protection. But with the Rugged Mini, we've gone a step further: it's also rain-resistant, and pressure-resistant-you can drive over it with a 1-ton car, and it still works! Its small size makes it perfect to take with you wherever you go, and its Rugged exterior provides protection against accidental drops, shock, or pressure
- The Speed of USB 3.0
- With the Rugged Mini, you've got the speed of USB 3.0, and full backward compatibility with USB 2.0, meaning that you can use it on almost any computer. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than 7 seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0. Additionally, you can use the LaCie Mac USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (up to a 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800)
- LaCie Private-Public
- The Rugged Mini doesn't just keep your data safe from external forces-it also protects against intrusion. With secure password protection software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go. You can even use access your password-protected files using any computer, ensuring complete data mobility-and complete data safety
- Automatic Backup
- Easy setup and automatic worry-free backup for both PC and Mac computers
- Password Protection
- With LaCie Private-Public software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go
- Secure Online Storage
- 10GB of Wuala Online Storage included for one year to securely store and share your data online
- 40% Energy Savings
- Automatic Eco mode lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use, increasing the battery life of your notebook or laptop
- Maximum Drop Height
- 1.2m / 47.2 in non-operating mode (dropping is not recommended in operating mode)
In The Box
In The Box
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 2.0 Compatible)
- Complete Software Suite
- Quick Install Guide
USB 2.0 compatible
|Disk Speed (RPM)||5400|
|Transfer Rate||USB 3.0: Up to 5Gb/s
USB 2.0: Up to 480Mb/s
|System Requirements||Computer with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6
Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
For USB 3.0 Mac compatibility:
|Dimensions||89 x 139.5 x 25mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001