Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Silver)
The M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Silver) from Leica is a compact full-frame (24 x 36mm sensor) digital camera.
- 24MP Full Frame Leica Max CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- 3.0" LCD with 920,000 pixels
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Live View and Rangefinder Focusing
- ISO Sensitivity to 6400
- Fits Leica M-series Lenses
- R-series Lenses Fit M Body via R-adapter
- Durable, Splash Protected Body
- Revised Ergonomics and Controls
The M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Silver) from Leica is a compact full-frame (24 x 36mm sensor) digital camera. As part of the Leica M-series, it is directly compatible with Leica M-series lenses and by utilizing the Leica R-adapter, is compatible with Leica R-series lenses. The Leica Max 24MP CMOS sensor and Leica Maestro Image Processor were developed together at Leica and produce richly detailed, low-noise images. The integrated imaging electronics provide particularly fast start-up and response times and the powerful image processor consumes minimal power while offering high speed performance. In combination with the new Lithium-ion battery, this allows for long battery life on a single charge.
The Leica M offers both rangefinder focusing through the optical viewfinder and Live View focusing and preview on the 3.0" LCD or an optional electronic viewfinder. The rangefinder provides fast and clear focusing with LED settings and the Live View offers Live View Zoom which magnifies the image 10x for precise focus and Live View Focus Peaking which displays a red contour highlighting on the image for accurate focus assessment.
The Leica M is also the first M series camera to offer Full HD 1080p video. Shoot videos with the "Leica Look" using any Leica M or R mount lens and preview and playback on the 3.0" 920,00-dot LCD or an optional electronic viewfinder. Shoot your videos in Live View mode to see them exactly as they will appear. A dedicated button will activate video mode in just one touch and manual exposure control allows for custom video capture. An optional microphone adapter set will record stereo audio with your videos.
A dual type focal plane shutter controls exposure and a new ergonomic design places buttons and dials in convenient locations on the camera body. An intuitive menu design offers a clear overview of all camera settings and user profiles can save personalized settings for easy set-up. Leica cameras are built to last and the M features a one piece full-metal body with solid brass top and base plates. Rubber seals protect against moisture and dust and the LCD monitor screen is made of scratch-resistant Corning 'Gorilla' glass.
The Leica M brings together 50 years of rangefinder design experience with state-of-the-art digital technology and an array of precise, compatible lenses to create an innovative, versatile and durable digital camera system that will provide high quality still and video images over a lifetime of use.
- 24MP CMOS Sensor
- A newly designed high-resolution, 24MP CMOS sensor in full 35mm format provides top-notch image quality. Its intelligent design and flat pixel architecture enables each individual pixel to gather a particularly large amount of light. This results in images of superior sharpness and maximum resolution. The new M delivers extremely low-noise and richly detailed images, even at higher sensitivities of up to ISO 6400.
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- In conjunction with the new sensor, the Leica Maestro processor provides fast image-processing speed. The energy-efficient imaging electronics of the processor and sensor equals improved lasting power for a single charge of the Leica M's new 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery.
- Lens Compatibility
- The new CMOS sensor is designed and constructed for the use of both Leica M and R lenses on the Leica M camera. With the new Leica R-Adapter, almost all Leica-R legacy lenses can be used on the Leica M.
- Live View Capability and 3.0" LCD Display
- The new Leica M is the first ever M to feature Live View and Live View Focusing. Images can be composed using the actual image produced by the lens - with complete control of depth of field, exposure, precise framing and focusing. The high-resolution 3.0" LCD monitor with 920,000 pixels allows precise assessment of the subject seen through the lens. Previously confined by rangefinder limitations, Live View opens up entirely new opportunities for M-series users, like macro and telephoto exposures, or using the monitor as a viewfinder.Live View can be used with both M and R lenses. It also enables owners of R lenses to use the optional Visoflex EVF2 electronic viewfinder. The Leica M can be used with an R-Adapter, R-Lenses and a viewfinder exactly like an SLR, without using the monitor.
- Live View Zoom and Focus Peaking
- The new Live View Zoom enables up to 10x magnification of the Live View display for precise focusing on fine details. Live View Focus Peaking is an automatic highlighting of image contours in red color to provide convenient focus control. This contour display enables precise assessment of focusing accuracy. Depending on the situation or the photographer's preferences, M camera users can now choose between several focusing options.
- Optical Viewfinder
- The Optical Viewfinder is a large, bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and LED-illuminated frame lines. Frame lines size matches image sensor size at 6.6' (2 m) focusing distance. Viewfinder magnification is 0.68x and the eyepiece is adjusted to -0.5 dpt. Optional corrective lenses from -3 to +3 dpt. are available.
The Optical Viewfinder has a four-digit, seven-segment LED digital display with brightness adapter. An LED symbol displays for flash status and warnings in case of exposure correction. It also displays automatic shutter speed in automatic mode, and an advisory indicating use of metering memory lock with manual exposure setting.
- Split or superimposed image rangefinder shown as a bright field in the center of the viewfinder image. Rangefinder effective metering basis is 47.1 mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.68x).
- Full HD 1080p Video
- This Leica M is the first M series camera to have Full HD 1080p video with rangefinder or Live View focusing. Videos with Full HD 1080p video capture are designed to have the "Leica Look". A dedicated button starts video shooting with one touch.
- Ergonomic Controls and Intuitive Menu
- The control features of the Leica M offer intuitive handling, direct manual setting options, and rapid access to all the important photographic functions. In addition to manual focusing, direct aperture and shutter speed setting options, the combination of an ergonomically-positioned control wheel on the top plate and intuitivemenu navigation are the basis of the Leica M operating concept. The newly-designed anduser-friendly menu interface displayed on the large rear LCD provides a clear overviewof all camera settings at all times. The video and Live View features, and the newfocus functions, each have their own controls. The new focus button on the front of thecamera allows selection of Live View Zoom and Live View Focus Peaking, as well as fast andeasy exposure corrections in combination with the control wheel. ISO sensitivity settings arealso controlled by a dedicated button. The Leica M also features an ergonomically formed thumb rest at the top-right end of the top plate. This ensures ideal grip and stability ineven the most demanding shooting situations.
- Exposure Metering
- In classic viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted with variable aperture.
In Live View and advanced viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted, spot or multifield
- Exposure Bracketing
- Exposure Bracketing of 3 or 5 frames at 0.5, 1, 2 and 3 f-stops
- ISO Sensitivity
- Enhanced ISO sensitivity range up to ISO 6400
- Resilient Construction
- The Leica M is built with maximum stability and tight sealing. Its cap and base plates are machined from solid brass, and its full-metal body is manufactured in one piece from high-strength magnesium alloy. Specially designed rubber seals protect the camera body against dust and water spray. A milled brass top cover contains an integrated thumb rest.The glass covering plate of its high-resolution LCD is manufactured from particularly tough and scratch-resistant Corning 'Gorilla' glass. The tripod thread is a 1/4" DIN made of stainless steel and the body is wrapped by a synthetic leather covering.
- Long Battery Life
- The new lithium-ion battery (1800 mAh) in the Leica M means long shootingsessions without having to recharge or change the battery. Thanks to thehigh-performance rechargeable battery, energy-saving exposure metering electronics, the Leica Maestro Image Processor and the new sensor, a single charge provides a large number of exposures, particularly useful when shooting in remote locations.
- User Profiles
- Up to four sets of camera and exposure settings can be saved under a user-selected profile name and rapidly retrieved whenever required. For added convenience, these profiles can be saved to an SD card.
- Other Functions
- Film Emulation Modes, Saturation, Contrast, Sharpening
- Menu Languages
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- New Optional Accessories
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF-2), Multi-functional Handgrip M; Handgrip M; SCA Adapter Set for Multi-functional Handgrip M; Power Adapter for Multi-functional Handgrip M; Finger loop for Multi-functional Handgrip M, Sizes S,M,L; Leica Microphone Adapter Set; Leica M-AdapterR; Ever-Ready Case M; Li-ion Battery BP-SCL2; Battery charger BC-SCL2
In The Box
In The Box
- Battery Charger
- 12V Charging Cable
- Carrying Strap
- Accessory Port Cover
- Body Cap
|Lens Mount||Leica M Mount|
|Max Resolution||24MP: 5952 x 3976|
|Other Resolutions||12MP: 4256 x 2832
6MP: 2976 x 1984
1.7MP: 1600 x 1080
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: DNG, JPEG
Movies: MJPEG, MOV
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080: 25 fps, 24 fps
1280 x 720: 25 fps, 24 fps
640 x 480: 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps
|Audio Recording||With Video, Mono, Via Optional External Mic|
|Focus Mode||Manual Focus (M)|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical, LCD Display|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.68x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 3 to +3 m|
|Display Screen||3.0" Rear Screen Live Preview LCD (920000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-)|
|Shutter||60 - 1/4000 seconds|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (White), Kelvin, Manual, Shade, Tungsten|
|Burst Rate||Up to 3 fps at 24 MP|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 sec|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Start-up Time||0.7 Seconds|
|Shutter Lag||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 3 fps|
|Self Timer||2 sec, 12 sec|
|Wi-Fi Capable (With Optional Transmitter)||No|
|Battery||1x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4VDC, 1800mAh|
0 to 40 °C
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||139 x 80 x 42 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001