Leica X Vario Digital Camera (Black)
The black Leica X Vario is a point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP APS-C CMOS image sensor for clear, detailed images--even in low light.
- 16.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 18-46mm Zoom Lens (35mm Equiv: 28-70mm)
- 3.0" 920k-Dot, Wide-Angle LCD Monitor
- HD 1080/30 Video with Sound
- Wind-Cut Filter for Audio Clarity
- Manual Focusing Ring, Manual Exposure
- Built-in Flash, Hot Shoe
- ISO 100-12500
- Solid Aluminum / Magnesium Construction
- Free Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Download
The black Leica X Vario is a point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP APS-C CMOS image sensor for clear, detailed images--even in low light. Its 18-46mm zoom lens features a 35mm equivalent focal length of 28-70mm and a maximum aperture range of f/3.5-6.4. Frame shots using the large 3.0-inch, wide-angle LCD monitor, which has a resolution of 920k pixels. The camera also offers a Leica EVF socket for connecting an optional electronic viewfinder.
Record HD 1080 video at 30fps while capturing clear audio, thanks to the integrated wind-cut filter. Movie recording can be started and stopped easily at the touch of a button. Later, view your creations on a larger screen via the built-in HDMI out connection.
The camera provides fast, precise, and virtually silent AF and has a focusing ring that allows for quick switching between auto and manual focus. You also have access to manual exposure for a high level of control over your compositions.
The Leica X Vario is equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit. It offers an ISO sensitivity range of 100-12500. The camera is made in Germany from aluminum and magnesium and trimmed with soft leather. A free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is available after registration.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Large APS-C size sensor features a resolution of 16.1MP for producing sharp, detailed images--even in low-light situations. The size and quality of the sensor make for low image noise, high dynamic range, and accurate color differentiation
- Vario-Elmar 28-70mm f/3.5-6.4 ASPH Zoom Lens (35mm Equiv)
- The wide-angle to telephoto zoom range offers a variety of options for compositions, and the lens permits quick and easy focal length adjustments. Simply moving the focusing ring on the lens from MF to AF mode activates the fast, precise, and virtually silent auto focus. The ring also allows you to set required focusing distance and focal length with ease
- Fast, Versatile Autofocus
- Choose from 1-point, 11-point, spot, and face detection options. Since the autofocus zone can be selected manually to define the desired plane of sharpness, you can compose shots exactly as you envision them
- 3.0" Wide-Angle LCD
- The large 3.0-inch monitor features a resolution of 920k pixels, a wide viewing angle, and 100% coverage. Its user-friendly menu interface provides a clear overview of all settings at a glance
- Comfort and Control
- Functions and controls are clearly laid out, and settings can be changed in an instant to meet the requirements of any shooting situation
- Exposure Control
- Benefit from manual exposure for a greater level of control over your compositions, or take advantage of automatic program, program shift (P), aperture priority (A), and shutter speed priority (T) options. Automatic exposure bracketing is also available, letting you capture 3 pictures in graduations up to 3 EV, adjustable in 1/3 EV increments. The precise click-detent dials on the top plate allow manual pre-selection of the required shutter speed and aperture values.
- HD Movie Recording
- Capture HD 1920x1080 video at 30fps with sound at the touch of a button. The integrated wind-cut filter ensures outstanding audio clarity. Videos can be saved in MP4 format and uploaded directly to mobile devices or social media sites without conversion. Watch your creations on a larger screen via the built-in HDMI out connection
- Built-in Flash, Hot Shoe, and High ISO Sensitivity
- Equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit, such as the Leica SF 24D or SF 58. Built-in flash features ±3 EV of exposure compensation in 1/3-EV increments and a recycle time of approx. 5 sec with a fully-charged battery. For those times when you don't want to use a flash or just need a boost in sensitivity, the camera offers ISO up to 12500
- Continuous Shooting at 5fps
- To help capture fast-moving action, the camera can perform continuous capture of up to 8 images at a rate of 3-5fps in DNG + JPEG fine quality
- Picture Quality
- JPEG super fine, JPEG fine, DNG + JPEG super fine, and DNG + JPEG fine available
- Color Settings
- Choose from Standard, Vivid, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast
- Included Charger
- Supplied battery charger features automatic switching 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz input power for worldwide use
- Durable, Elegant Construction
- Designed and built in Germany. The top plate is machined from solid aluminum, while the magnesium and aluminum body is trimmed with soft leather
- Free Software Download
- After registration, enjoy a free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom photo management and editing suite
- Recommended Optional Accessories
- The Leica EVF socket enables the connection of an optional electronic viewfinder. Additionally, a handgrip lets you hold the camera with one hand and offers a better grip and steadier handling. It can be used with finger loops available in 3 sizes, which are similar to those used with the Leica M. A lens hood is also available, screwing onto the lens' filter thread to block stray light and reduce flare. The hood comes with an all-metal lens cap. The leather ever ready case offers a perfect fit while protecting the whole camera, and the leather X Vario Protector safeguards the front, back, bottom, and sides of your investment while leaving the lens free for shooting. Wrist and neck straps can also be purchased
In The Box
In The Box
Leica X Vario Digital Camera (Black)
|Pixels||Actual: 16.5 Megapixel
Effective: 16.1 Megapixel
|Sensor||APS-C (23.6 x 15.7 mm) CMOS|
|File Formats||Still Images: DNG, JPEG
|Max Resolution||16MP: 4944 x 3274 @ 3:2|
|Other Resolutions||16MP: 4928 x 3274 @ 3:2
12.2MP: 4288 x 2856 @ 3:2
7.0MP: 3264 x 2160 @ 3:2
3.0MP: 2144 x 1424 @ 3:2
1.8MP: 1632 x 1080 @ 3:2
|Lens||9 elements in 8 groups
EFL: 18-46 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28-70 mm)
Aperture: f/3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T) to f/16
|Filter Thread||43 mm|
|Focus Range||Auto: 11.81" (30 cm) - Infinity|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-12500|
|Shutter||30 - 1/2000 sec|
|Exposure Metering||Center-weighted, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: AE Bracketing, Aperture Priority, Bulb, Manual, Program Shift, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Fine, Flash, Halogen, Kelvin, Manual, Shade|
|Burst Rate||Up to 5.0 fps for up to 7 frames
Up to 3.0 fps for up to 7 frames
|Self Timer||2 Sec, 12 Sec|
|Flash Modes||1st Curtain Sync
Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction
Rear Curtain/Slow Sync
Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction
|Effective Flash Range||0.98 - 52.49' (0.3 - 16 m)|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Resolution||1920 x 1080: 30 fps
1280 x 720: 30 fps
|Audio Recording||With Video|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Widescreen (920,000 pixels)|
|Connectivity||Leica EVF Socket
|Battery||BP-DC8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.7VDC, 1600mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||13.3 x 7.3 x 9.5 cm|
|Weight||680g with battery|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001