Nikon Capture NX 2 Photo Editing Software (Upgrade)
Nikon Capture NX 2 Photo Editing Software is a full-featured non-destructive photo editing program that provides photographers powerful tools to quickly and easily edit their photographs, including the highest quality RAW (NEF) conversions from your Nikon camera. Plus it fully integrates with all Nikon software including Camera Control Pro 2, Image Authentication Software, Transfer and ViewNX. Plus Capture NX 2 has maintained all of the functionality of Capture NX, but has added improvements to the usability of those functions.
- Award-winning U Point Technology
- U Point technology uses Control Points to help realize results envisioned in the editing process. Using NEF files for optimal performance, Control Points allow photographers to select and isolate an entire image or selected areas within the image for enhancement, Furthermore, those enhancements can be instantly cancelled or added with ease, without compromising the original quality of the image, and U Point control is perfectly compatible with each NEF file's Instruction Set.
- Selection Control Points
- Now you can selectively edit photographs without the need to manually outline or mask the area for editing. Simply place a Selection Control Point anywhere on the photograph then choose from almost any adjustment such as D-Lighting, Unsharp Mask or Noise Reduction, while limiting the "reach" of that adjustment to just the selected area.
- Auto-Retouch Brush
- Capture NX 2 adds an automatic retouch tool to its image editing toolbox allowing users to seamlessly remove blemishes, dust and other distracting elements from photographs while maintaining the integrity of the image.
- Shadow/Highlight Adjustment
- With just a simple slider adjustment you can easily open up shadows or recover blown-out highlights. Highlight recovery is most effective for RAW (NEF) files however it will work with JPEG and TIFF files as well.
- Redesigned Interface
- The latest version includes a number of improvements to the user interface including the addition of Customizable Workspaces, Improved Toolbar function and layout, Improved Edit List functionality, a newly designed image browser featuring a Favorites Folder, and Improved Image Resolution adjustment controls.
In The Box
In The Box
- Software CD-ROM
- User Guide
- On-line Technical Support
|System & Software Requirements||Windows System Requirements:
For the below systems: 32 and 64-bit versions are supported. However, under 64-bit versions, the software operates as a 32-bit application:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Micorosft Windows 7 Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2
Only the 32-bit versions of Windows XP are supported for the below:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 3
CPU for any Windows Computer: 1GHz or better Intel Celeron / Pentium 4 / Core Series
Windows XP : 768 MB minimum, 1GB or more recommended
Windows Vista: 1 GB minimum, 1.5 GB or more recommended
Windows 7: 1GB minimum, 1.5 GB or more recommended
Hard Disk space: 200MB free spce required for installation
Video Resolution: 1024 x 768 or greater (1280 x 1024 or greater recommended); 16-bit color or better (32-bit color recommended)
CD-ROM drive required for installation
Internet connection required
Approved memory cards required to import/export Custom Picture Controls
Macintosh System Mac OS 10.4.11, 10.5.8, 10.6.6
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001