Free shipping on all South African orders above R1000
The Most Versatile PocketWizard Radio Ever.
The dedicated FlexTT5™ Transceiver, with its built in hot-shoe and ControlTL™ firmware, is the perfect addition to Canon E-TTL II flash systems. The FlexTT5 takes the existing benefits of Canon wireless systems beyond the boundaries of infrared technology. When paired with the Mini TT1™ Transmitter or another FlexTT5 Transceiver, a whole new world of wireless flash freedom opens up. The FlexTT5 is also the perfect Transceiver for your manual triggering needs and works with all MultiMAX channels and many of the MultiMAX advanced functions.
The FlexTT5’s simple design comes to life through its hot-shoe connection with a camera or flash. Mount a flash or command unit on the FlexTT5 to use the same zone controls and ratio commands as you would normally. The system tracks your changes in ISO, shutter speed and aperture and reacts accordingly to make sure exposures stay right on target. Use the flash compensation dial on your camera or flash just as you would normally and the changes pass seamlessly through the system.
The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for TTL photography, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. The FlexTT5 Transceiver also has a three-zone selector switch for ease of use with Canon zones and ratios.
With PocketWizard HyperSync™ Technology, the FlexTT5 can precisely advance the timing of your flash trigger so that increased flash sync speeds, up to 1/500th of a second is achievable with many strobes.
Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed sync mode automatically. Simply change your shutter speed to get flash sync all the way to 1/8000th. No buttons to press or settings to change!
A PocketWizard Utility program is provided to support the FlexTT5 Transceiver via a USB port. The Utility allows you to configure your channel settings, dial in your HyperSync timing, adjust your sleep-mode timers as well as update your product to the latest firmware.
The FlexTT5 also has our Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology that enables it to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. When a hot-shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode. With Auto Relay Mode you can easily trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flash. Put a camera where you can’t be and use remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
* ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s newest firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio system. ControlTL allows remote TTL for Canon E-TTL II systems as well as Manual Power Control. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement. Find more details on ControlTL here.
* Dedicated E-TTL II Triggering: Locking your MiniTTI Transmitter into the hot shoe of a Canon DSLR camera and mounting E-TTL II flashes onto FlexTT5 Transceivers gives you full autoflash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera, on-camera flash or flash commander controls for flash compensation, zone and ratio control.
* Manual Power Control: Adjust the manual power settings of your remote Canon Speedlites directly from a 580EX II flash mounted on your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. Working with a Canon 580EX II in the shoe of the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, you can independently control the power output of up to three groups of lights (you can have as many lights in each group as you want) from full power down to the lowest setting simply through the user interface on the back of the 580EX II. Now you can work with total control with your remote lights, without leaving your shooting position.
* Basic Trigger Mode: Allows the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 to work as a transmitter on ANY camera it will fit. Anyone looking for the small form factor of the MiniTT1 can use it on other DSLR’s, SLR’s or even medium format cameras with standard hot shoes. The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are completely reverse compatible with all previous PocketWizards so they will work with whatever PocketWizards you already own.
* Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology: PocketWizard's Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology enables the FlexTT5 Transceiver to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. All PocketWizard Transceivers default to Reciever mode. When a hotshoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode.
* Auto-Relay Mode: Easily trigger a remote camera in sync with distant remote flashes with Auto-Relay Mode. Put a camera where you can't be and have remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
* Power Tracking: When working in E-TTL II you can change any of your control settings on your flash or camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your flash compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
* Eight Frames per Second: Now you can shoot multiple remote E-TTL flashes at up to 8fps.
* HyperSync™: HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, all the way up to 1/8000 second, with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. That extra speed can also freeze action, whether shooting models or athletes in motion.
HyperSync works with both TTL speedlites and full size studio flash. All you need is a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera that has been tuned to your specific camera via the PocketWizard Utility. While performance varies by the camera and flash equipment being used, HyperSync will get the maximum possible out of any set-up.
* FP/High Speed Sync: When HyperSync can’t keep up, High Speed Sync takes over for Speedlite flash photography all the way to 1/8000. ControlTL optimizes this amazing feature and provides more light (which equals greater working distance), faster recycling times and more flashes per battery set when shooting in Canon's HSS/FP Flash mode. Use this feature to shoot wide open in bright sun for amazing results.
* High Speed Sync (HSS or FP Sync) Disable Mode: Select either HSS Sync or HyperSync™ at shutter speeds at or over 1/640. This allows you to use HyperSync and the benefit of full power flash all the way up to 1/8000 with certain flash systems.
* Automatic HSS Trigger Timing for Manual Flash: This allows you to mix a manual flash with an E-TTL II flash in HSS/FP Sync shots at 1/640 and above with certain flash systems.
* Auto Trigger Select for ControlTL: The hot shoe on both the MiniTT1 and Flex TT5 will trigger just about any hot shoe flash placed into it in addition to the Canon Speedlite’s it is designed for. Yes, you can now fire just about any hot shoe flash including Vivatar, Nikon, etc., in manual mode only and not TTL mode. (max trigger voltage < 50V, use P2 port for up to 200V)
* Continuous Remote Camera Triggering: This allows for triggering a continuous motor drive burst of a camera connected to the P1 port on a remote FlexTT5.
* Transmitter Mode Only: This prevents triggering of a flash mounted on a FlexTT5 to be used as a transmitter by other photographers in the area using PocketWizard radios.
* Low-Profile Design: The FlexTT5 lies flat, stays out of the way and features a flip-up antenna for additional range when needed.
* Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional E-TTL II or Manual Power Control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
* Channels / Learn Mode: The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 3 ControlTL channels for TTL photography or Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. Channels can be configured with the PocketWizard utility or use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
* Zone Select: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has an A-B-C zone select switch to allow use with the slave groups found on Canon E-TTL II or manual flashes. Using these zones allows you to use the E-TTL II or Manual Power Control ratio controls found in the Canon system. Manual Power Control enables you to set the ratios through the Master Flash. See Manual Power Control. These zones can also be used with a MuiltiMAX thus allolwing you to pair a single MultiMAX radio on camera with FlexTT5's Transceivers on your remote flashes and utilize many of the MultiMAX's advance trigger functions.
* Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the MiniTT1 to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The MiniTT1 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available (many planned!).
* Reverse Compatible: The FlexTT5 Transceiver operates on the same channels as all other PocketWizards and will work with any PocketWizard radio you may already have.
* Camera/Flash Ports: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has two plug-in ports for use with remote E-TTL II cameras and other flash units, including studio strobes. With its auto-relay function, the Flex can trigger a remote camera and transmit to a remote strobe.
Canon E-TTL II
CE model: 433.44-434.42 MHz EU/Asia/Other
52 Channels over 26 Frequencies (FCC/IC)
2.7" (6.9 cm) rubberized with 180 degree swing
Transmit output power:
Less than 0.001 watt (1/1000 of a watt or 1 milliwatt)
Up to 10 to 240 meters (30 to 800 feet for E-TTL triggering. Up to 10 to 365 meters (30 to 1200 feet) for basic triggering. Range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference.
For more info, click here.
Hot Shoe, 1/4-20, lanyard, velcro
Maximum Shooting Rate Frames per second (fps)
8 fps for E-TTL II and normal triggering
Power / Channel Switch
OFF - C.2 - C.1
Zone Select Switch
A-B-C (matches Canon slave groups)
LED: Green, Amber, Red status indications
Camera / P1 Port
1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo miniphone for 2-stage remote camera triggering. Port Voltage Handling: up to 50 Volts, 100 milliamp continuous
Flash / P2 Port
1/8" (3.5 mm) mono miniphone. Port Voltage Handling: up to 200 Volts, 4 amps peak, 250 milliamp continuous, non-polarized
Minimum Receive Contact Time
Camera / P1 Port = 80 milliseconds
Flash / P2 Port = 500us
3.3 VDC (all pins) - safe for all cameras
Hot Shoe voltage protection:
Hot Shoe: up to 50V
USB Compliant 2.0, Mini-B Connector, 5VDC regulated, 100mA, Pin 1 Positive, Pin 4 Ground
Above -15° C (5° F) and below 50° C (120° F).
Storage Temperature (without battery)
Above -30 C (-22 F) and below 85 C (185 F)
High impact plastic, captive battery door
Two (2) AA (IEC:LR6) Alkaline recommended, other chemistries (NiMH, NiCAD, Lithium) allowed, USB
60 + Hours
3.6" (9.2 cm) long x 2.9" (7.3 cm) wide x 1.4" (3.6 cm) tall, antenna lowered
5.4 oz (153 grams) 3.8 oz (108 grams) without batteries
Included in the box
FlexTT5 Transceiver, USB cable, Two (2) AA batteries, Quick Guide
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001