Free shipping on all South African orders above R1000
The New Shape of Wireless Freedom
The smallest PocketWizard radio ever, the MiniTT1™ Transmitter locks onto the camera’s hot shoe supporting an on-camera flash with its own hot shoe while working with remote PocketWizard units. Remotes can be one or more PocketWizard FlexTT5™ Transceivers connected to Canon E-TTL II flashes or any PocketWizard Receiver for triggering flash or remote cameras.
The MiniTT1 Transmitter is easy to use; just slide in place and begin to shoot. The new PocketWizard ControlTL™ System interprets the complex E-TTL II data being sent through the camera’s hot shoe and digitally transmits it in a reliable radio signal. Change the flash compensation dial on the camera, and those commands pass seamlessly through the system to your remote flash. Adjust your shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system corrects for those changes. A ratio command set on the flash or command unit passes through the MiniTT1 to set the remotes. PocketWizard ControlTL radio communication allows you to shoot farther, faster, around corners, through walls even at high noon in bright daylight. Now you can deploy a wireless flash system wherever you want, without infrared limitations, in seconds.
Use the MiniTT1 for standard triggering with any PocketWizard Receiver including the FlexTT5, PlusII or MultiMAX. When used this way with a digital camera, you can take advantage of PocketWizard’s HyperSync Technology that allows up to 1/500th of a second camera sync with many camera/strobe set-ups. HyperSync allows you to advance the timing of your flash trigger so that faster than X-sync speeds can be achieved.
Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed Sync mode automatically. No buttons to press or settings to change other than your shutter speed will give you flash sync all the way to 1/8000th.
* ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s newest firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio system. ControlTL allows remote TTL for Canon E-TTL II systems as well as Manual Power Control. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement. Find more details on ControlTL here.
* Dedicated E-TTL II Triggering: Locking your MiniTTI Transmitter into the hot shoe of a Canon DSLR camera and mounting E-TTL II flashes onto FlexTT5 Transceivers gives you full autoflash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera, on-camera flash or flash commander controls for flash compensation, zone and ratio control.
* Manual Power Control: Adjust the manual power settings of your remote Canon Speedlites directly from a 580EX II flash mounted on your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. Working with a Canon 580EX II in the shoe of the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, you can independently control the power output of up to three groups of lights (you can have as many lights in each group as you want) from full power down to the lowest setting simply through the user interface on the back of the 580EX II. Now you can work with total control with your remote lights, without leaving your shooting position.
* Basic Trigger Mode: Allows the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 to work as a transmitter on ANY camera it will fit. Anyone looking for the small form factor of the MiniTT1 can use it on other DSLR’s, SLR’s or even medium format cameras with standard hot shoes. The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are completely reverse compatible with all previous PocketWizards so they will work with whatever PocketWizards you already own.
* Power Tracking: When working in E-TTL II you can change any of your control settings on your flash or camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your flash compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
* Eight Frames per Second: Now you can shoot multiple remote E-TTL flashes at up to 8fps.
* HyperSync™: HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, all the way up to 1/8000 second, with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. That extra speed can also freeze action, whether shooting models or athletes in motion.
HyperSync works with both TTL speedlites and full size studio flash. All you need is a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera that has been tuned to your specific camera via the PocketWizard Utility. While performance varies by the camera and flash equipment being used, HyperSync will get the maximum possible out of any set-up.
* FP/High Speed Sync: When HyperSync can’t keep up, High Speed Sync takes over for Speedlite flash photography all the way to 1/8000. ControlTL optimizes this amazing feature and provides more light (which equals greater working distance), faster recycling times and more flashes per battery set when shooting in Canon's HSS/FP Flash mode. Use this feature to shoot wide open in bright sun for amazing results.
* High Speed Sync (HSS or FP Sync) Disable Mode. Select either HSS Sync or HyperSync™ at shutter speeds at or over 1/640. This allows you to use HyperSync and the benefit of full power flash all the way up to 1/8000 with certain flash systems.
* Automatic HSS Trigger Timing for Manual Flash. This allows you to
mix a manual flash with an E-TTL II flash in HSS/FP Sync shots at 1/640 and above with certain flash systems.
* Auto Trigger Select for ControlTL: The hot shoe on both the MiniTT1 and Flex TT5 will trigger just about any hot shoe flash placed into it in addition to the Canon Speedlite’s it is designed for. Yes, you can now fire just about any hot shoe flash including Vivatar, Nikon, etc., in manual mode only and not TTL mode. (max trigger voltage < 50V, use P2 port for up to 200V)
* Low-Profile Design: The MiniTT1 Transmitter is the smallest PocketWizard ever, utilizing an internal antenna and common coin-cell battery. At just 2.3oz (65 grams) you barely realize it’s on the camera.
* Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional E-TTL II or Manual Power Control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
* PocketWizard Compatible: The MiniTT1 operates on the same channels as all other PocketWizards and will work with any unit you may already have.
* Channels / Learn Mode: The MiniTT1 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 3 ControlTL channels for TTL photography or Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. Channels can be configured with the PocketWizard utility or use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
* Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the MiniTT1 to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The MiniTT1 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available (many planned!).
* Power Saver: The MiniTT1 Transmitter will go to sleep 10 seconds after your camera does to conserve energy. Just touch the shutter button half way to wake both the camera and the MiniTT1. It works on the supplied CR2450 coin cell battery (or optional CR2354 for in the field options) that provide hundreds of hours of battery life.
Canon E-TTL II
CE model: 433.42-434.42 MHz EU/Asia/Other
52 Channels over 26 Frequencies (FCC/IC)
Transmit output power:
Less than 0.001 watt (1/1000 of a watt or 1 milliwatt)
Up to 10 to 240 meters (30 to 800 feet) for E-TTL triggering. Up to 10 to 365 meters (30 to 1200 feet) for basic triggering. Range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference.
For more info, click here.
Maximum Shooting Rate: Frames per Second (fps)
8 fps for E-TTL II & normal triggering
Power / Channel Switch:
OFF - C.2 - C.1
LED, Green, Amber, Red status indications
3.3 VDC (all pins) - safe for all cameras
Hot Shoe voltage protection
Hot Shoe: up to 50V
USB Compliant 2.0, Mini-B Connector
above -15C (5 F) and below 50 C (120 F)
above -30 C (-22 F) and below 85 C (185 F)
High impact plastic, captive battery door
3 V Lithium battery, CR2450 (included) or CR2354 Lithium coin cell type
Hundreds of hours of camera "awake time" depending on shooting habits
2.8" (7.1 cm) long x 1.9" (4.9 cm) wide x 1.3" (3.3 cm) tall
2.3 oz (65 grams), 2.0 oz (57 grams) without battery
Included in the box:
MiniTT1 Transmitter, USB cable, CR2450 battery, Quick Guide
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001