- PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver
PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver
- Combination Transmitter and Receiver
- 10 Channels with Backlit Channel Dial
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- Auto-Relay and Transmit Only Modes
- Side View Design and Internal Antenna
- Full PocketWizard Compatibility
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
The PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver is a versatile radio trigger that features a wealth of functionality within a simple-to-use and intuitive design. This transceiver offers 10 standard channels from which to use, and navigation between these channels is easily controlled by a backlit channel dial. These 10 channels are fully backward-compatible with all other PocketWizard radios and PocketWizard-enabled devices for maximum efficiency with existing radio setups. Contributing to its functional abilities, the Plus X also features intelligent Auto-Sensing technology, which allows the device to instantly fluctuate between transmitter and receiver duties. Auto-relay is also supported in order to promote a completely remote workflow.
The Plus X design revolves around an internal antenna and side-profile design that contribute to overall durability and a streamlined appearance. This minimal design aesthetic is also benefitted by the simplified connection strategies that allow the radio to be fully functional when attached to a camera's hot shoe, without any cabled connections required. For attaching to remotes and external lights, a 3.5mm miniphone socket is available and three cables are included to offer an array of popular connection types.
- 10 Standard Channels
- The Plus X features 10 standard channels for use to provide greater availability when working amongst other photographers or for greater control over complex lighting situations. These channels are compatible with all other PocketWizard of the same frequency.
- Backlit Channel Dial and Status Indicator
- An analog dial is used to quickly and easily switch between the 10 available channels. A full-time amber backlight is used to illuminate the selected channel for convenience and greater visibility when working in dimly-lit conditions. A tri-color LED is also incorporated into the design and provides a visual means for gauging the Plus X battery life when it is sending or receiving a transmission.
- Internal Antenna
- The internal antenna provides greater durability and eliminates the possibility or bending or breaking it during use. It also produces a more streamlined appearance when in use, and corresponds well to the side-profile design to create an overall visually unobtrusive look.
- Simplified Connectivity
- The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone-to-miniphone, miniphone-to-phono, and miniphone-to-PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- The Plus X is automatically set to intelligently and instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this function and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter only, which will cancel its ability to receive or relay signals.
- Auto-Relay Mode
- When using three PocketWizard radios, you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simple and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Range and Sync Speed
- When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1600' away. It supports sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. with focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. with leaf shutters with a maximum triggering speed up to 14.5fps.
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Miniphone Cable
- Mono 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Locking PC Cable
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-1/4" Adapter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
CE: 433.62 MHz EU/Asia/Other
Precision tuned internal coil
Backlit rotating dial
Up to 500 meters (1600 feet). Actual range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference.
Up to 1/250 for focal plane shutters
Up to 14.5 frames per second (FPS)
62 milliseconds in normal operation
LED: Green, Amber, Red status indications
Transmit Output Power:
Less than 1 milliwatt (0.001 watt)
Two (2), AA (LR6), 1.5v alkaline recommended
Up to 100 hours (with alkaline batteries)
Max Port Sync Voltage:
300 Volts (Camera/Flash Port)
Mac Current Handling:
1.0 A peak, 0.2 A (1/5 Amp or 200 milliamp) continuous current limited
3 volts, safe for use with all digital and film cameras
High impact plastic with captive battery door
3.9 ounces (110 grams) with batteries installed
Height: 4.2 inches (10.7 cm)
Above 5° F (-15° C) and below 120° F (50° C).
Above -22° F (-30° C) and below 185° F (85° C) (without battery)
3.5mm (1/8") stereo miniphone jack, hot shoe
Hot shoe, lanyard/D-Ring loop, 1/4-20 threaded insert
In the Box:
Isolation bar, trigger buttons, camera motor drive cables, PC cables and adapters, flash sync cables and protective case
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001