Smartphone cameras are the most accessible, low cost and easy to use entry point into digital photography for your content creation needs. Whether you are a hobbyist, traveler, entrepreneur, marketer or a professional in the creative industry you’ll find yourself picking up your smartphone device to capture content wherever you go. Now is the time to gain practical and instantly implementable skills for you to improve your smartphone photography content creation.
In this comprehensive smartphone photography course you will optimize your device for content creation purposes, be equipped with knowledge on what your smartphone camera is capable of, what the limitations of the device are and how to make the most of this powerful tool to create effective content. The course will teach students the best way to use their smartphone for photography and what limitations they should be careful of.
Course Outcomes - What You'll Take Away
- The Rise of Smartphone Photography
- Optimizing Your Smartphone
- How to Manage Your Phone’s Storage Capacity for Optimal Content Creation
- What are Raw Files and Why Should You Use Them
- Recording Videos and Images with Maximum Quality on Your Smartphone
- What is Exposure?
- Four factors influence exposure made with our smartphone cameras
- Light Controlling Mechanism
- Shutter Speeds Effect on Movement
- The Third Mechanism That Influences Light: Aperture
- Focusing On Your Subject And Overriding Auto Exposure
- Lenses and Focal Length
- Characteristics of Light: Temperature and White Balances
- Camera’s Drive Modes
- Lighting – Direction, Size, Intensity and Quality
- Composition, Framing, Point of view and Story-telling
- Image Editing App: Intro, Setup and Workspace
- Onboard Camera Abilities: Slow-Motion, Time-Lapse and Portrait
- Considerations For Your Next Smartphone Upgrade