Samyang 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens with AE Chip (Nikon)
The Samyang 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye is a super wide-angle lens designed for cropped sensor DX cameras. The lens features a detachable lens hood, and when detached can provide a cropable 180-degree image on full frame FX cameras (The image will moderately vignette around the far edges). The Samyang 8mm Fisheye CS II features an aspherical hybrid lens and an anti-reflective coating to reduce destructive flare, ghosting and aberrations, while also improving light transmission and contrast.
Fisheye lenses provides strong circular distortion and are used for an exaggerated perspective or creative shooting.
- The lens hood protects the lens from small bumps and knocks and helps to prevent glare.
- The lens hood is removable to cover a larger image area when used on FX full frame cameras. On full frame cameras the image will vignette, so some cropping will be needed.
- A hybrid aspherical lens element reduces chromatic aberrations to produce sharper images.
- An anti-reflective coating improves light transmission, reduces lens flare and ghosting, and provides better contrast.
- The Nikon version of this lens features an electronic circuit to enable full control of exposure parameters, including i-TTL flash communication and EXIF data with all Nikon Digital SLR cameras.