- Sony Alpha A7S II Mirrorless Camera Body
Sony Alpha A7S II Mirrorless Camera Body
The Sony A7S II is a compact 35mm full-frame mirrorless digital camera with extreme low light performance and professional video and photo features. Top features includes: internal full-frame 4K video recording, ISO 50 - 409600 light sensitivity and internal 5-axis image stabilization.
- 12.2MP Megapixel full-frame Exmor sensor
- ISO 50–409600
- Internal full-frame 4K video recording
- Super 35mm format 4K recording
- Uncompressed 4K via HDMI
- Fast auto focus with 169 focus points
- 5-axis image stabilization
9 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
Sony A7S II Sensor Features:
12.2MP Megapixel full-frame Exmor sensor
The Sony A7S II camera body features a full-frame 12.2 Megapixel sensor. By only incorporating 12.2 MP on a large full frame area, gives the sensor a greatly decreased pixel density* to give each individual pixel a greater light capturing area for greater dynamic range and light sensitivity.
The sensor's design also features a new-generation RGB color filter array, as well as a gapless on-chip lens design. Together, these two technologies enable truly efficient light-gathering abilities that further reinforce the low noise, high-sensitivity design. Furthermore, an anti-reflective coating has also been applied to the seal glass of the image sensor to minimize surface reflections, glare, and ghosting for contrast-rich, color-neutral imagery.
* Compared to other full frame cameras.
The low pixel density and large area per pixel gives the Sony A7S II the ability to capture images and videos at an amazing low light sensitivity of up to ISO 409600. This gives the camera extreme low light capabilities, and will enable users to capture sharp and blur-free imagery in extreme low light situations.
High-speed BIONZ X™ image processing engine
The high speed BIONZ X image processing engine adaptively uses the image sensor data to produce greater detail by actively reducing image noise at high ISO’s, and diffraction at smaller apertures.
14-bit uncompressed RAW image capture
The 14-bit uncompressed RAW image capture feature saves image data in an uncompressed, unprocessed format to give greater control in image editing, giving you greater control of noise, colour balance, and tonal gradation to maximize the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range and low light capabilities.
Sony A7S II Video Features:
Internal full-frame 4K video recording
The Sony Alpha A7S II can record 4K* videos internally to the memory card, and at a smooth frame rate of up to 30fps/30p. The videos are captured using a full pixel readout from the whole sensor to produces 4K movies with an expansive full frame 35mm field-of-view while also producing videos with less moiré and jaggies.
Other recording resolutions include 1080p Full HD at up to 120fps / 120p** for great slow motion videos, or 720p HD at 30fps / 30p.
* 4K, or Ultra High Defenition (UHD), is the latest standard standard in video resolutions, and features 4 times more pixels than Full HD.
** Full HD can be recorded in full frame or super 35mm crop.
Super 35mm format FHD recording
The A7S Mark II can also capture Full HD videos in the video production super 35mm standard.
Uncompressed 4K video feed via HDMI
An uncompressed 4K or Full HD video feed can be output directly from the on-camera HDMI port to an external recorder or monitor. This function even works while the camera is recording to internal storage image. An included cable protector guards jacks and prevents cables from disengaging accidentally, so you can shoot with greater assurance.
Minimal rolling shutter effect
The Sony A7SII captures videos with a minimal rolling shutter effect due to a fast readout.
Audio Input & Headphone Jack
The Sony A7S MKII features a 3.5mm microphone input jack for compatibility with external microphones. Monitoring audio is possible via a 3.5mm headphone jack, as well as real time audio levels for a visual reference.
S-Log3 Gamma profiles
With these new profiles, dynamic range can be widened up to 1300% for smoother gradations, and color grading, correction, and handling is easy. S-Log3 gamma tonal reproduction is better from shadow to mid-tone (18% gray). The camera’s 14-stop latitude in S-Log3 setting is impressive. S-Gamut3.Cine reproduces the wide color gamut of DCI-P3 color space. S-Gamut3 reproduces almost all actual colors suitable for archiving.
High-bit-rate XAVC S format recording
The Sony A7SII can record 4K in XAVC S format at a maximum bit rate of 100Mbps, as well as Full HD at 50Mbps. This enables the camera to so the capture movies with extremely fine details.
Sony A7S II Focusing Features:
Fast auto focus with 169 focus points
The Sony α7S II mirrorless camera features 144 focal plane phase-detect pixels and 25 contrast-detect pixels across a large area. These phase-detect points are able to quickly measure the distance to a subject to drive the lens focus element to the proper position, without the excessive hunting displayed by contrast detect-only AF systems. AF speed for shooting Full HD movies is twice as fast as in the α7S.
Eye AF under AF-C mode:
Eye Autofocus, an autofocus capability that only targets eyes, has been upgraded. It now functions under AF-C (Autofocus Continues) mode, making it possible for focus to remain on eyes even when the angle of field is changed slightly or the face is moved a little, for more framing freedom when shooting.
Expand flexible spot:
If a subject temporarily moves out of a selected focusing point during focusing with flexible Spot S mode, then the AF system will automatically use the AF points surrounding the selected point and re-establish focus by using surrounding region as a focusing area
AF-A mode automatically selects between AF-S and AF-C depending on whether your subject is moving or not.
Sony A7S II Operational Features:
3” 1,228,800 dot TFT tilt LCD screen
A large 3 inch 1,228,800 dot TFT LCD screen makes operating the A7SII effortless. The screen features five brightness settings, and a sunny mode, to help you get a clear display. The screen can also tilt up to about 107 degrees, and down to about 41 degrees, this will greatly aid you when shooting from low or high angles.
A user can assign any 65 frequently used functions to any of the 10 customizable buttons for a more intuitive, convenient operation.
5-axis image stabilization
Packed into the Sony A7SII is a 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system. This system allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, with compensation for pitch, yaw, roll, horizontal, and vertical shifts to shoot at up to 4.5 stops of shutter speed slower. This will enable users to shoot sharp pictures/video in low light and other less than ideal conditions.
When using lenses that do not transmit imaging data to the camera, manual settings can be used to input the correct focal length and ensure proper stabilization. Also, the viewfinder can be used to preview the amount of compensation by pressing the shutter release button halfway or magnifying the image.
0.78x XGA OLED viewfinder with ZEISS T* coating
The Sony Alpha 7S II features an electronic viewfinder with high magnification of a 0.78x, and a special ZEISS T* Coating to reduce surface reflection.
Reduced shutter vibration
A new braking mechanism in the shutter leads to reduced vibration (Compared to previous models). The shutter is also highly durable and has been tested to 500,000 cycles.
Shake free and silent shooting mode
A Silent Shooting mode features an electronic shutter that is noiseless and causes no curtain vibration.
Other Sony A7S II Features:
Robust lens mount
The lens mount is specifically designed to support use of large, heavy lenses for super telephoto and movie shooting.
Full magnesium alloy camera body
Light, extra-rigid magnesium alloy is used in the internal frame, rear cover, top cover, and front cover to strengthen and toughen the body.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the camera to instantly share imagery to supported mobile and smart devices. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices. Once connected, the linked device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
An anti-static coating keeps dust off the optical filter, and a selectable cleaning mode vibrates to shake off particles.
Dust and moisture resistance
Sealing around buttons and dials, and a double-layered structure interlocking panels and components enhances protection against dust and moisture.
Long battery life
The camera can capture up to 370 shots or record up to 100 minutes of video from a single charge.
Can be powered by USB
The α7SII can be powered by a USB cable connected to a charger or a portable power supply to enable long continuous shooting.
- Sony A7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera
- NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1020mAh)
- BC-VW1 AC Charger for W Series Battery
- AC-UUD11 AC Adapter
- Cable Protector
- Body Cap
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Lens Mount
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor Type
- 35 mm
- Sensor Type
- 35mm full frame (35.6 x 23.8mm), Exmor CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx.12.2 MP
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx.12.4 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
- Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format (Still images)
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- 35mm full frame L: 4240 x 2832 (12M), M: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), S: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), M: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), S: 1376 x 920 (1.3M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- 35mm full frame L: 4240 x 2384 (10M), M: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), S: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), M: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), S: 1376 x 776 (1.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Wide: Horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: Horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output
- 14 bit
- Uncompressed RAW
- Picture Effect
- 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Colour Space
- sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
- Recording Format
- XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Compression
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch, XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch
- Image Size (Pixels), NTSC
- XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100Mbps, 30p/60Mbps, 24p/100Mbps, 24p/60Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50Mbps, 30p/50Mbps, 24p/50Mbps, 120p/100Mbps, 120p/60Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps/PS, 60i/24Mbps/FX, 60i/17Mbps/FH, 24p/24Mbps/FX, 24p/17Mbps/FH); MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps, 30p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6Mbps)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL
- XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100Mbps, 25p/60Mbps); XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50Mbps, 25p/50Mbps, 100p/100Mbps, 100p/60Mbps); AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps/PS, 50i/24Mbps/FX, 50i/17Mbps/FH,25p/24Mbps/FX, 25p/17Mbps/FH); MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps, 25p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6Mbps)
- High Frame Rate Recording
- NTSC: 1920 x 1080 (24p/12Mbps, 30p/16Mbps), PAL: 1920 x 1080 (25p/16Mbps)
- Picture Profile
- Yes (Off / PP1-PP9) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode (Movie, Still, Cinema, Pro, ITU709 Matrix, White&Black, S-Gamut, S-Gamut3.Cine, S-Gamut3), Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions
- Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector,Gamma Display Assist
- Colour Space
- xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick Micro (M2),SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Storage Media Slot
- Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo/ SD memory card
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR
- Auto/ISO 100 to 409600
- White Balance Modes
- Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment
- G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type
- Contrast-detection AF
- Focus Point
- 169 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV -4 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Mode
- Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area
- Wide (169 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Other Features
- Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30-3m), AF ON
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity
- EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie / High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) )
- Scene Selection
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock
- Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Still images: ISO 100-102400 (expandable to ISO 50-409600), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-102400 equivalent (expandable to ISO 100-409600 equivalent), AUTO (ISO 100-12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type
- XGA OLED, 1.3cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Number of Dots
- 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder)
- Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control
- Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage
- Approx. 0.78x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Display
- Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display
- Screen Type
- 7.5cm (3.0 type) TFT drive
- Total Number of Dots
- 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle
- Up approx. 107 degrees, down approx. 41 degrees
- Display Selecter (Finder/LCD)
- LCD Display
- Display Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD)
- Focus Magnifier
- 35mm full frame: 4.2x, 8.3x, APS-C: 2.7x, 5.4x
- Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Peaking MF
- Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection
- On / On (Regist. Faces) / Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing
- Clear Image Zoom
- Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Smart zoom (Still Image)
- M: Approx. 1.5x, S: Approx. 2.0x
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- Approx. 4x
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- Approx. 4x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™
- Lens Compensation
- Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Zoom Ring Rotate
- Lens Compensation
- BIONZ X™
- Shutter Type
- Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step) NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode) PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- Yes, On/Off
- Silent Shooting
- Yes, On/Off
- Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (Compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect
- 4.5 stops (Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/Yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off)
- Flash Control (with optional external flash)
- Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation
- +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Bracketing
- 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes
- Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync 2 , Wireless 2
- External Flash Compatibility
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- FE Level Lock
- Drive Modes
- Single shooting, Continuous shooting,Speed Priority Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (approx. max.)
- Speed Priority Continuous shooting: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting: Max. 2.5fps 3
- No. of recordable frames (approx.)
- Speed Priority Continuous shooting: 64 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 31 frames (RAW), 26 frames (RAW & JPEG), 24 frames (RAW (Uncompressed)), 24 frames (RAW (Uncompressed) & JPEG) Continuous shooting: 100 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 59 frames (RAW), 34 frames (RAW & JPEG), 29 frames (RAW (Uncompressed)), 28 frames (RAW (Uncompressed) & JPEG)
- Playback Modes
- Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 13.3x, M: 8.7x, S: 6.7x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- HD Output
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Auto-lock Accessory Shoe compatible with supplied shoe adaptor, Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K2M (sold separately)
- Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Custom Function Type
- Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function
- Yes (2 sets)
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 310 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 370 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movies)
- Actual: Approx. 55 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard); Continuous: Approx. 95 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power
- AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 126.9 x 95.7 x 60.3 mm
- 584 g (Body Only) / 627g (With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo)
- Operating Temperature
- 32°-104°F / 0-40°C
WiFi® & NFC
- Wireless & Network Capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- Cable Protector
- AC Adaptor AC-UUD11
- Battery Charger BC-VW1
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001
From its beginnings as a photography gear and printing shop, Cape Town photography giant Orms has become an extensive creative franchise. The Orms vision has always been to provide South African professional and amateur photographers alike with the best and latest gear at reasonable prices, and to stock the largest range of products.