- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera
The stylish compact Sony RX100 III digital mirrorless camera is one of a kind camera featuring an improved 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens that works well in low light and delivers astonishing sharp and high-quality images thanks to its amazing Exmor RTM CMOS sensor with an impressive BIONZ X image processor.,br />
Some great features of the RX100 III from Sony includes an improved built-in 1440k dot OLED electronic viewfinder with ZEISS T* coating to reduce the glare from causing eye-fatigue, Add up to 42 functions to your personalised control, Back-illuminated sensor which is four times bigger than the standard sensor to ensure that all your images and video are clear and an impressive battery life giving you 320 shots out of a single charge.
- 20.1MP 1" Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/1.8-2.8 Lens
- 24-70mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 1440k-Dot OLED Tru-Finder Pop-Up EVF
- 3.0" 1229k-Dot Multi-Angle Xtra Fine LCD
- Full HD Video in XAVC S, Clean HDMI Out
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- ISO 12800 and 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- Manual Control Ring & Built-In ND Filter
1 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
20.1MP (effective) 1.0"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor
The 1.0"-type Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS sensor incorporated in this beautiful digital camera ensures bright, clear detail in all your photos and video. Sony's special back-illuminated design permits four times better light capture by moving light-blocking wire circuitry to the back side of the sensor.
BIONZ™ X for impressive detail and texture
All digital cameras need to convert the light captured by their sensor to a beautiful digital photograph. The engine that powers this conversion is just as important as your lens and a high-resolution sensor--so Sony developed the remarkable BIONZ™ X processor, allowing more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise while shooting both photos and movies.
ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens
The 24mm wide-angle gets more of the scene—ideal for architecture and landscapes, while the 70mm setting (at a bright F2.8) is great for portraits, close-ups (30cm distance), and creative background blurring. Leveraging over 150 years of experience in precision optics, the ZEISS lens gives your recordings intense contrast and sharpness, free from glare and reflection thanks to an advanced multi-layer coating.
Shoot better with built-in electronic viewfinder
The built-in electronic viewfinder offers more accurate and engaged photo composition, especially in bright lighting. An eye sensor allows instant switching between the viewfinder and LCD screen for convenient, intuitive shooting.
Area-specific noise reduction
Area-specific noise reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and evenly coloured areas like blue sky), and then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to improve image quality, especially at high-sensitivity settings.
Detail reproduction and diffraction reduction
Utilize the full performance of your sensor and lenses. Detail reproduction technology prevents the overemphasized outlines that plague most digital images. Diffraction reduction suppresses the effects of diffraction, which causes points of light to appear blurred especially at small aperture settings (large F-numbers).
50 Mbps in XAVC S handles fast-moving scenes
The high-bit-rate XAVC S format is provided for videographers ready to take their work to the next level. Delivering incredible quality, XAVC S is built from the XAVC format used by professional movie makers and broadcasters, while employing intelligent data compression to bring about consumer-friendly editing and file sizes.
Choose from XAVC S and AVCHD recording formats
The high bit-rate XAVC S format enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps for extremely high-quality expression and minimal noise. Additionally, you can shoot Full HD with AVCHD, then easily edit that format in many different programs.
Full-pixel readout reduces artifacts
By using the power and speed of the BIONZ X processing engine to read the data from all of the image sensor’s pixels at high speed, artifacts are effectively suppressed so that a non-jagged, high-resolution image is captured. The end result is video clarity superior to even expensive full frame DLSR models.
Take great portraits with Eye Autofocus
Eye Autofocus makes taking the perfect portrait much easier. A challenge of professional-style portraiture with beautifully blurred background is keeping the eyes in perfect focus. Sony's Eye Autofocus feature takes care of this complexity, letting you concentrate on capturing your subject at the just the right moment.
Lock-on autofocus tracks moving subjects
Having a hard time maintaining needle-sharp focus as your subject moves into--or out of--the frame, turns away from the camera, or even has objects such as trees come between you and them? Lock-on autofocus solves all these challenges, whether you are capturing your kids in the backyard, or shooting professional ski movies.
Manual focus options for creative control
Sometime you want more creative control than is possible on auto settings. Manual Focus (MF) mode is the answer. Features such as MF Assist (enlarging the image) and Peaking (highlighting edges in focus) make it easy to incorporate manual focus in your shooting when you desire that added flexibility.
180-degree tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
High resolution 3.0" screen with tilt capability allows perfect framing of otherwise impossible over-head or low-angle shots.
Multiple recording formats provide video versatility
Shoot to suit, with a range of video formats available. Capture using the high bitrate AVCHD or XAVC S codec for editing and playback on big screens; or choose the MP4 mode for quick uploading and sharing.
View your 4K photos on the big screen
Display your photos and videos beautifully on a Sony 4K television for easier enjoyment with family and friends. HDMI cable ports allow simple, fast connections.
Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps
Enjoy a camera that gets more functional with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps, for remote control, picture and video effects and much more. Installation is simple using your computer or the camera's own Wi-Fi connection. Check out all the apps at https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com (note: may not be available in all regions)
Control ring and Custom button
Convenient lens-mounted control ring lets you select shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative control—another feature making this camera ready for serious photographers. Additionally, customizable buttons allow you to program 42 possible functions to best adapt the camera’s capabilities to your shooting style.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing PlayMemories Mobile app to your NFC enable Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
New Imaging Edge software suite from Sony
Imaging Edge app suite can maximise image quality, improve production efficiency and help you finely adjust RAW-based images. Use its “Remote” to remotely control shooting; “Edit” to develop RAW data into high-quality photos; and “Viewer” to view, rate and select photos from a list of shots.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera
- NP-BX1/M8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1240mAh)
- AC-UB10 AC Adapter
- Micro USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap Adapter
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0"-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor R™ CMOS Sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Vario Sonnar T* Lens
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- F1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)
- FOCAL LENGTH
- f=8.8-25.7 mm
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- 5 cm - Infinity (W), 0.3 m - Infinity (T)
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- Still Image: 20M Approx. 5.8x / 10M Approx. 8.2x / 5M Approx. 11x / VGA Approx. 44x;Movie: Approx. 5.8x
- DIGITAL ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- Up to 44x (VGA)
- DIGITAL ZOOM (MOVIE)
- Digital Zoom Approx. 11
- SCREEN TYPE
- 3.0'' (7.5 cm) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- Auto / Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- 0.39-type electronic viewfinder
- IMAGE PROCESSING ENGINE
- BIONZ™ X
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast detection AF
- FOCUS MODE
- Single-shot AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- LIGHT METERING MODE
- Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- "+/-" 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- ISO 125-25600
- ISO SENSITIVITY (MOVIE)
- Auto: (ISO 125 Level - ISO 12800 Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto, Daylight, Shade,Incandescent, Cloudy, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight), Flash, C.Temp./Filter, Custom
- SHUTTER SPEED
- iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)
- SHOOTING MODE
- Superior Auto, Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, Memory Recall (1,2,3), Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- SCENE SELECTION
- Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED (MAXIMUM) (WITH MAX. RECORDING PIXELS)
- 5 fps (in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting mode)
- Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. delay selectable
- PANORAMA (SHOOTING)
- PICTURE EFFECT
- Toy camera, Pop colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial colour, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, Illustration
- METERING MODE
- EV 0 to 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent)
- FLASH MODE
- Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- FLASH TYPE
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- FLASH RANGE
- ISO Auto: Approx. 0.4m to 10.2m (1.31 ft. to 33.46 ft.) (W) / Approx. 0.4m to 6.5m (1.31 ft. to 21.33 ft.) (T);ISO12800: up to Approx. 20.4m (66.93 ft.) (W) / Approx. 13.0m (42.65 ft.) (T)
- COMPATIBLE RECORDING MEDIA
- Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed), Memory Stick PROHG Duo, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- RECORDING FORMAT
- Still Images: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format);Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (NTSC)
- AVCHD (up to 1920 x 1080/50p at 28Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1,440 x 1,080/30p at 12Mbps)
- STILL IMAGE RESOLUTION
- 3:2 mode: 20M (5,472×3,648) / 10M (3,888×2,592) / 5M (2,736×1,824);4:3 mode: 18M (4,864×3,648) / 10M (3,648×2,736) / 5M (2,592×1,944) / VGA;16:9 mode: 17M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2M (2,720×1,528);1:1 mode: 13M (3,648×3,648) / 6.5M (2,544×2,544) / 3.7M (1,920×1,920);Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416×1,856 / 5,536×2, 160), Standard (8,192×1,856 / 3,872×2,160)
- MOVIE RESOLUTION
- AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920x1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/24p);XAVC S: 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 50M (1,280x720/120p);MP4: 12M (1,440x1,080/30fps) / 3M VGA (640x480/30fps)
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS
- Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0), Micro HDMI, Micro USB
- WI-FI CONNECTIVITY
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- WIRELESS CAPABILITIES
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- POWER CONSUMPTION (CAMERA MODE)
- Approx. 1.7W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)
- Up to 320 shots / 160 minutes
- SUPPLIED BATTERY
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- PHOTO CREATIVITY
- SHOOTING FUNCTIONS
- Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Smile Shutter, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracketing, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Micref Level, Step Zoom, Self-portrait timer
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
- 101.6 x 58.1 x 41.0 mm
- 263 g (Body only), 290 g (With battery and media)
What's In The Box
- NP-BX1 X-Series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap Adapter
- Instruction Manual
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001