- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Digital Camera (Black)
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Digital Camera (Black)
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Digital Camera unleashes the best within you, letting you shoot at your best with an 18MP, 1/2.3” Exmor R CMOS Sensor, along with its BIONZ X Image Processor to deliver enhanced performance and image quality.
The Sony WX500 Camera delivers astonishing performance so that you never have to miss that special moment; as it features an impressive ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 30X Optical Zoom lens with improved, and high-precision optics to ensure that you’ll only capture sharp, clear, undegraded images throughout a 24-720mm range; enables you to capture up to 400 shots approximately with a fully charged battery, and 75 minutes of video recording; a WiFi connection that allows you to easily share your files with friends and family; and a 180-Degree tiltable LCD that’s fully touchscreen, and also makes it so much easier to get a good selfie of yourself.
The compact Sony WX500 is known for being the world's smallest camera to hold the far-reaching performance of a ZEISS 30X optical zoom lens; to capture beautiful portraits; and definitely offers instant access with an intuitive operation.
- 18.2MP BSI Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-720mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0" 921k-Dot LCD
- Full HD 1080/60p AVCHD/XAVC S Video
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
Purchase this item between the 3rd of December to 31 December 2019 and you can claim back 10% of your purchase. To claim your cashback simply visit Sony's promotional website here.
Please note that the cashback promotion is on a claim basis done through Sony South Africa.
2 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
18MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
With the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500, you’ll find that it sports an impressive 18.2MP, 1/2.3” Exmor R CMOS Sensor to ensure that superb images can be taken over and over again. The sensor utilises a Back-Illuminated design – enabling light to enter four times more than your conventional sensors. Additionally, its much more sensitive to light and it features Sony’s Column A/D Conversion technology which is used to minimise image noise.
BIONZ X Image Processor
Utilising the BIONZ X Image Processor in the Sony WX500, it ensures that data will be processed much faster, along with high-resolution images. The BIONZ X Image Processor integrates diffraction-reducing, area-specific noise reduction technologies and detail reproduction. Having all this merged into this powerful compact camera, its guaranteed to produce realistic images with accurate colours and textures.
30x Optical Zoom Lens
Sony incorporates the ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T, 30x optical zoom lens. A lens that features high-precision optics to ensure that you capture clear, and sharp images which is ideal when capturing portraits, close-ups, and landscapes. The lens also utilises special anti-reflective coatings to ensure that you won’t come across any surface ghosting and flare on your images.
180-Degree Tiltable LCD Monitor
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Camera features a 180-degree tiltable LCD monitor; which is something cool to feature on the camera, especially for vlogging and to get the perfect selfie shot captured. Easily tilt the monitor upwards to check the framing before you shoot a selfie. Having this incorporated onto the design – ensures a comfortable and stress-free posture while monitoring a scene from a much higher angle.
Having a WiFi connectivity, surely allows you to easily transfer files over to your device. It also enables a One-touch Remote feature – allowing you to utilise your smartphone as a viewfinder and a remote to control your camera. This can easily be achieved by downloading the Imaging Edge Mobile App onto your NFC smartphone where you can then connect, by simply tapping your phone to your camera. Once the connection has been established – you are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take photos; and then quickly transfer them over to your device.
Flexible Video Recording Formats
Beautiful video can be recorded on the Sony WX500 Camera in AVCHD format; and it allows you to record video with extra-smooth action details, along with high-quality sound and also holds to the original sources in XAVCS format.
Intelligent Active Mode
The Intelligent Active Mode is always a great feature to have in every camera as it eliminates blurriness from taking place when capturing photos, and also ideal for handheld video recording. The advanced frame-analysis technology, and 5-axis image stabilisation that’s been added to this compact camera ensures that you achieve sharp looking photos.
Fast & Precise Intelligent AutoFocus
Capture your precious moments with ease as it sports an enhanced spatial object detection algorithm that realises a more optimal and precise lens drive to achieve an Autofocus that so much faster.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Digital Camera (Black)
- NP-BX1 Battery
- AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Wrist Strap
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1/2.3 inch (7.82 mm) Exmor R® CMOS sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* lens
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- F3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T)
- FOCAL LENGTH (F=)
- f = 4.1-123 mm
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- 5 cm – Infinity (W), 2.5 m – Infinity (T)
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- Still Image: 18M approx. 60x / 10M approx. 80x / 5.0M approx. 113x / VGA approx. 459x / 13M (16:9) approx. 60x / 2.1M (16:9) approx. 153x; Movie: Approx. 60x
- DIGITAL ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- Up to 120x (VGA)
- SCREEN TYPE
- 2.95 in (3.0 type) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- Manual (5 steps)
- 0.2-type electronic viewfinder
- IMAGE PROCESSING ENGINE
- BIONZ X™
- Optical SteadyShot
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast detection AF
- FOCUS MODE
- Single-shot AF, Continuous AF
- LIGHT METERING MODE
- Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- ISO 80-12800
- ISO SENSITIVITY (MOVIE)
- ISO 80–3200
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto; Daylight; Shade; Cloudy; Incandescent; Fluor.: Cool White; Fluor.: Day White; Fluor.: Daylight; Flash; Custom; One Push, One Push Set
- SHUTTER SPEED
- iAuto (4 in – 1/2000) / Program Auto (1 in – 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8 in – 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30 in – 1/2000) / Manual (30 in – 1/2000)
- SHOOTING MODE
- Intelligent Auto;Superior Auto;Program Auto;Aperture Priority;Shutter Speed Priority;Manual Exposure;MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3;Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection);Panorama;Scene Selection
- SCENE SELECTION
- Portrait; Advanced Sports Shooting; Landscape; Sunset; Night Scene; Handheld Twilight; Night Portrait; Anti-Motion Blur; Backlight Correction HDR; Pet Mode; Gourmet; Beach; Snow; Fireworks; Soft Skin; High Sensitivity
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED (MAXIMUM) (WITH MAX. RECORDING PIXELS)
- 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Off / 10 sec. / 5 s / 2 sec. / 3 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- PANORAMA (SHOOTING)
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- PICTURE EFFECT
- Still Image: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- AUTO IMAGE ROTATION
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION
- Movie: Auto 12 lux (shutter speed 1/30) / High sensitivity 6 lux (shutter speed 1/30)
- BUILT-IN FLASH RED-EYE CORRECTION
- On / Off
- FLASH MODE
- Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- FLASH TYPE
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- AF ILLUMINATOR
- Auto / Off
- FLASH RANGE
- ISO Auto: Approx. 0.98 to 17.72 ft (W) / Approx. 8.20 to 9.84 ft (T)
- COMPATIBLE RECORDING MEDIA
- Memory Stick Duo™; Memory Stick PRO Duo™; Memory Stick PRO Duo™ (High Speed); Memory Stick PROHG Duo™; Memory Stick Micro™; Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2); SD Memory Card; SDHC Memory Card; SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I); microSD Memory Card; microSDHC Memory Card; microSDXC Memory Card
- RECORDING FORMAT
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF, ver. 2.0, Exif, ver. 2.3, MRF Baseline compliant); Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format, ver. 2.0 compatible, MP4
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (NTSC)
- NTSC Mode: AVCHD (up to 1920 x 1080/60p at 28 Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/60p at 50 Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1920 x 1080/60 fps at 28 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (PAL)
- PAL Mode: AVCHD (up to 1920 x 1080/50p at 28 Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/50p at 50 Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1920 x 1080/50 fps at 28 Mbps)
- STILL IMAGE RESOLUTION
- 3:2 mode: 16M (4896 × 3264) / 8.9M (3648 × 2432) / 4.5M (2592 × 1728), 4:3 mode: 18M (4896 × 3672) / 10M (3648 × 2736) / 5M (2592 × 1944) / VGA, 16:9 mode: 13M (4896 × 2752) / 7.5M (3648 × 2056) / 2.1M (1920 × 1080), 1:1 mode: 13M (3664 × 3664) / 7.5M (2736 × 2736) / 3.7M (1920 × 1920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (7152 × 1080/4912 × 1920), Standard (4912 × 1080/3424 × 1920), 360 (11520 × 1080)
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- WIRELESS CAPABILITIES
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi®
- POWER CONSUMPTION (CAMERA MODE)
- Approx. 1.4W
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Up to 400 shots / 200 minutes
- SUPPLIED BATTERY
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- PLAYBACK FUNCTIONS
- Slide Show;Forward/Rewind (Movie);Delete;Protect;Motion Shot Video;Beauty Effect;BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI);9/25-frame index view
- INDEX PLAYBACK
- 9 / 25 images
- PLAYBACK ZOOM
- Depends on Image Size
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 4.00 x 2.29 x 13.98 in
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 7.37 oz (body only), 8.32 oz (with battery and media)
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC adapter AC-UB10C/UB10D
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001