- Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Premium 1" Sensor Compact Shockproof/Waterproof Camera
Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Premium 1" Sensor Compact Shockproof/Waterproof Camera
The Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Premium 1” Compact Shockproof/Waterproof Camera is designed to capture serious image quality all thanks to its enhanced technology where it inherits the 1.0-inch Exmor RS CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X image processor to produce 15.3MP images, and also to record striking 4K video quality. Being the perfect companion for every day travellers to capture their adventurous outings and even ideal for vlogging as it features a 180-degree tiltable LCD monitor.
The ultra-compact Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera is known for delivering remarkable, sharp and low noise quality, no matter what shooting situation you may encounter. Powerful features of this pocket-sized camera include its wide-angle ZEISS Tessar T* 24mm F/4.0 lens that contributes to creating superb images; ISO sensitivity of up to 12 800 - enabling extraordinary low-light performance; Eye AF (Autofocus) Effect which is automatically set up to focus on the subject’s eye; internal 4K video recording with full pixel readout; and a spanking new electronic image stabilisation for smooth video footage. Being an adventure camera, the camera features a robust construction making it waterproof/dustproof, shockproof and crushproof.
- 15.3MP 1" Exmor RS Stacked CMOS Sensor
- ZEISS Tessar T* 24mm Equivalent f/4 Lens
- Internal UHD 4K30 Video & S-Log2 Gamma
- HFR Mode for Slow Motion up to 1000 fps
- 1.5" 230k-dot 180° Tilting LCD
- Water, Dust, Shock, and Crushproof
- Electronic SteadyShot; Clean HDMI Output
- Interval Recording; Microphone Input
- ISO 12800 and 16-fps Continuous Shooting
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth; Multi-Camera Control
3 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
Rugged, Robust Construction
The Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera is designed to take any punch with its robust construction, allowing you to take it wherever you travel. The robust body features an extremely light weight with a simple and practical ribbed design, with clean lines and no unnecessary protrusions.
Remarkable Image Quality
The Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera is powered with a powerful 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor along with the advanced BIONZ Z image processor to produce only of the best image quality, providing a wide dynamic range, natural-looking details, reduced noise and rich tonal gradations. It also provides Clear Image Zoom where it enables up to 2x zoom with hardly any loss of image quality.
ZEISS 24mm Tessar T* F/4.0 Lens
Perfectly, the best lens for travellers, as it performs great in just about any shooting situation – leaving you with improved sharpness and contrast, and reduced distortion all thanks to the ZEISS 24mm Tessar T* F/4.0 Lens incorporated.
The ultra-compact Sony RX0 II features advanced technology where it inherits the worlds best autofocus, which is perfect for when capturing portrait shots and selfies. The Eye AF function is suitably set up to autofocus on the subject’s eyes.
Internal 4K Video Recording
Enjoy only the best of video quality when recording in 4K mode. The Sony RX0 II camera permits you to record 4K videos with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, and also utilising 1.7x oversampling to help achieve astonishing clear and sharp images. The ultra-compact, tiny package doesn’t limit it from performing enhanced functions. With this said, the camera supports internal 4K 30p recording (QFHD 3840 x 2160), to record remarkable scenes from daily life.
Stabilised Video Recording
To achieve smooth looking video quality, Sony has decided to incorporate a new electronic image stabilisation into its ultra-compact body, where it will help you capture great-looking, stabilised videos. Additionally, the Movie Edit add-on also allows your smartphone to achieve smooth images, which is normally to be seen when utilising a gimbal and it can be used to automatically keep your subject in-frame.
Waterproof & Dustproof Construction
Have fun wherever you go with the Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera, as expands your shooting potential by letting you swim in seawater, in your pool or even snorkelling in fresh water to a low of 10 meters deep. The body doesn’t require any special waterproof casing which is a great advantage to the body. You can comfortably enjoy it in dusty environments, even deserts as the construction is fully sealed.
With a shockproof design, you won’t have to worry at all of accidentally dropping your Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera, as the rugged body allows you to drop it from a height of 2 meters.
Tiltable 180-Degree LCD Monitor
Something cool that’s been added to the Sony Cyber-shot RX0 II Camera is the tiltable 180-degree LCD screen that can tilt upwards around 180-degrees, which is suitable for capturing amazing selfies, and even for vloggers.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX0 II Digital Camera
- NP-BJ1 3.7V, 700mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- AC Adapter
- Wrist Strap
- Memory Card Protector
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0"-type (0.52" x 0.35") Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- Approx. 15.3 Megapixels
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Tessar T* Lens, 6 elements in 6 groups (6 aspheric elements)
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- FOCAL LENGTH (F=)
- f=7.9 mm
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- 84 deg. (24 mm)
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- Approx. 0.66 ft (20 cm) to Infinity
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- 15M Approx. 2x/7.7M Approx. 2.8x/3.8M Approx. 4x/VGA Approx. 13x
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM (MOVIE)
- 4K: Approx. 1.5x/HD: Approx. 2x
- DIGITAL ZOOM (STILL IMAGE)
- 15M Approx. 4x/7.7M Approx. 5.6x/3.8M Approx. 8x/VGA Approx. 13x
- DIGITAL ZOOM (MOVIE)
- Approx. 4x
- SCREEN TYPE
- 3.8cm(1.5type)(4:3) / 230,400 dots / Clear Photo / TFT LCD
- MS ASSIST MAGNIFICATION
- SCREEN TYPE/NUMBER OF DOTS
- IMAGE PROCESSING ENGINE
- Yes (BIONZ X)
- Electronic (for movie)
- MOVIE EDIT ADD-ON COMPATIBILITY
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast-detection AF
- FOCUS MODE
- Single-shot AF, Preset Focus, Manual Focus
- FOCUS AREA
- Wide (25 points [contrast-detection AF]), Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot
- LOCK ON AF
- EYE AF
- LIGHT METERING MODE
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot (Standard/ Large), Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- Auto(ISO125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO200-25600), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- ISO SENSITIVITY (MOVIE)
- Auto:(ISO125Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Underwater Auto, C. Temp./Filter, Custom
- WB MICRO ADJUSTMENT
- Yes (G7 to M7, 57-step)(A7 to B7, 29-step)
- ELECTRONIC SHUTTER
- 1/4 in – 1/32000
- IMAGE CONTROL
- Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/ Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW&JPEG/Extra fine/Fine/Standard)
- NOISE REDUCTION
- High ISO NR:Normal/Low/Off,Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO 200-25600
- DYNAMIC RANGE FUNCTIONS
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- SHOOTING MODE
- Program Auto, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) [body 3 sets/memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode (Intelligent AUTO), Movie Mode (Program Auto), Movie Mode (Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Manual Exposure), Intelligent AUTO, Superior Auto
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED (MAXIMUM) (WITH MAX. RECORDING PIXELS)
- Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 3.5fps
- 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable/Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- DRIVE MODES
- Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- INTERVAL REC
- Yes (1–60 sec. interval, 1–9,999 shots, AE lock/AE tracking(High/Mid/Low))
- PICTURE EFFECT
- [Still Image]:Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration; [Movie]:Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- CREATIVE STYLE
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- PICTURE PROFILE
- Off/PP1-PP7(Black Level, Gamma(Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- NUMBER OF RECOGNIZED SCENES
- Still Image: Superior Auto: 10 / iAuto: 10, Movie: 10
- COMPATIBLE RECORDING MEDIA
- XAVC S(100 Mbps): micro SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or higher); XAVC S(60 Mbps/50 Mbps): micro SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher); AVCHD/Still image: Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), Micro SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- RECORDING FORMAT
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format),Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- RECORDING FORMAT (MOVIE AUDIO)
- XAVC S:LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- COLOR SPACE (STILL)
- sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- STILL IMAGE NUMBER OF RECORDED PIXELS (IMAGE SIZE)
- 3:2 mode: 15 M (4,800x3,200)/7.7 M (3,408x2,272)/3.8 M (2,400x1,600), 4:3 mode: 14 M (4,272x3,200)/6.9 M (3,024x2,272)/3.4 M (2,128x1,600)/VGA, 16:9 mode: 13 M (4,800x2,704)/6.5 M (3,408x1,920)/3.2 M (2,400x1,352), 1:1 mode: 10 M (3,200x3,200)/5.2 M (2,272x2,272)/2.6 M (1,600x1,600)
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (NTSC)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i)/17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M(3,840x2,160/30p)/30p 60M(3,840x2,160/30p)/24p 100M(3,840x2,160/24p)/24p 60M(3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD: 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p)/60p 25M(1,920x1,080/60p)/30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p)/30p 16M(1,920x1,080/30p)/24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p)/120p 60M(1,920x1,080/120p)/120p 100M(1,920x1,080/120p)
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (PAL)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/50i)/17M FH(1,920x1,080/50i), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M(3,840x2,160/25p)/25p 60M(3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD: 50p 50M(1,920x1,080/50p)/50p 25M(1,920x1,080/50p)/25p 50M(1,920x1,080/25p)/25p 25M(1,920x1,080/25p)/100p 60M(1,920x1,080/100p)/100p 100M(1,920x1,080/100p)
- Recording NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD: 50p 50M(1920x1080/250fps), 50p 50M(1920x1080/500fps), 50p 50M(1920x1080/1000fps)/25p 50M(1920x1080/250fps), 25p 50M(1920x1080/500fps), 25p 50M(1920x1080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)/30p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)/24p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) Sensor Readout Number of effective pixelsQuality Priority: 240fps/250fps(1,676x942), 480fps/500fps(1,676x566), 960fps/1000fps(1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority:240fps/250fps(1,676x566), 480fps/500fps(1,136x384), 960fps/1000fps(800x270)
- PROXY RECORDING
- Yes(1280 x 720 [Approx. 9 Mbps])
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack(3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4 GHz band))
- POWER SOURCE
- DC3.7V(supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- BATTERY SYSTEM
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-BJ1
- POWER CONSUMPTION (CAMERA MODE)
- Approx. 1.3W
- USB CHARGE/USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Approx. 240shots / Approx. 120min
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES ACTUAL SHOOTING)(CIPA)
- Approx. 35min.
- BATTERY LIFE(MOVIES CONTINUOUS SHOOTING)(CIPA)
- Approx. 60min.
- PLAYMEMORIES CAMERA APPS
- SHOOTING FUNCTIONS
- Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Grid Line, WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Audio Level Display, TC/UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, Flip, One Push AF
- PLAYBACK FUNCTIONS
- BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Cont Shoot Grouping
- TRILUMINOS COLOR
- 4K IMAGE OUTPUT
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE
- 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Yes (IPX8 equivalent)
- Yes (IP6X equivalent)
- Yes (6.5 ft/2.0 m MIL-STD810G C1 Method516.7-Shock)
- Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 2-3/8 in x 1-5/8 in (59.0 x 40.5 x35.0 mm)
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- Approx. 4.7 oz (132 g) (Battery and microSD Memory Card are included)/Approx. 4.1 oz (117g) (Body Only)
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001