- Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder (Special Order)
Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder (Special Order)
The Sony FDR-AX100 4K Camcorder is a high-performance video camera that’s been designed to deliver blistering 4K video quality with an impressive 1.0 – type Exmor RSTM CMOS sensor that is 4.9 times bigger than most camcorder sensors & BIONZ X image processor that works hand in hand to achieve enhanced clarity, vivid colours, reduced noise and high-resolution quality.
Main features of the FDR-AX100 4K allows you to record 4K video and display it on a variety of 4K Ultra HD TV’s and projectors, Full HD at 50p or 24p, 120p slow motion playback, built-in ND filters that adjust light levels, approximately 14.2MP - 29mm wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens with a 7-blade iris diaphragm to create beautiful bokeh, 12x optical and 24x clear image zoom with SteadyShot image stabilization incorporated to produce smooth AF (autofocus) video recording, built-in zoom microphone allowing you to change the direction of the audio recording on a specific area, 3.5-type Xtra fine 921K LCD screen for better control over your settings and Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity that allows you to control your camcorder from the phone.
- 4K Ultra HD Video at 30 fps/20MP Stills
- 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Bionz X Processor
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens
- 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- 0.39" OLED EVF / 3.5" XtraFine LCD
- High Speed 120 fps Recording
- Records XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
4K opens your eyes to a new era of excitement
The FDR-AX100 camcorder supports 4K (3840 x 2160), the superior-definition format that delivers about four times the resolution of Full HD. It lets you capture incredible detail and bring images to vibrant life.
29mm wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens
Sony’s ZEISS lens is fine-tuned specifically for the 4K image standard. Ideal for capturing grand landscapes, it also provides up to 12x optical zoom and up to 24x Clear Image Zoom to allow wide-ranging image expression. Definition is even sharp in the corners of the frame, thanks to the 11 group/17 element lens that incorporates AA (advanced aspherical) and ED lens elements.
Exmor R CMOS sensor delivers multifaceted Full HD support
The FDR-AX100 camcorder features a large Exmor R CMOS sensor with a light-receiving area that is approximately 4.9 times larger than 1/2.88 type image sensor. This newly employed sensor enhances image clarity, reduces noise even when shooting in dark environments, and enables image expression that takes full advantage of background defocusing. No.1 image sensor manufacturer for digital cameras and video recorders.*Based on Sony research-April 2012 to March 2013 (50% market share.
Advanced BIONZ X image processing engine for higher speed and peerless quality
The advanced BIONZ X image processing engine features higher technology than in the previous generation of BIONZ to achieve more faithful reproduction, more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality, and higher resolution capabilities. This Handycam model is equipped with several new features that take advantage of the higher speed processing capabilities. These include By Pixel Super Resolution, Motion Shot Video, Optical SteadyShot™ and Dual Video Recording.
Support for longer recording time of 4K movies in XAVC S format
XAVC S format, which was developed for consumer use based on the XAVC 4K/HD format suited for professional use. To extend the hours of 4K video capture capacity, XAVC S employs the Long GOP codec of H.264/AVC for video file compression.
Support for HD high bit-rate
XAVC S is the format for recording 4K/HD movies, which was developed for consumer usage based on the professional XAVC 4K/HD format. It supports HD 50Mbps so that consumers can record high-resolution movies even in a heavily movement shot. The use of MP4 playback devices and software does not guarantee that data can be played back in all modes.
High-frame-rate shooting at 120p* and HD resolution
The FDR-AX100 supports high-frame-rate shooting at HD image quality (1280 x 720 pixels). Its ability to record at 120p enables slow-motion playback at one-fifth the speed in a 24p environment when post-processing is applied. This capability opens the door to various uses, such as checking the form of rapidly moving athletes. Only available when recording movies in the XAVC S format.
Easy TV viewing via single HDMI cable
4K movies recorded on the FDR-AX100 can be played on a 4K monitor or Full HD monitor* by simply connecting the camera via bundled HDMI cable. 4K monitors support up to 4K resolution at 30p.Requires 1920 x 1080 setting in HDMI output settings menu.
The lens ring enables smooth, natural adjustment of focusing or zooming depending on which mode you select via convenient button.
The manual dial on the side of the body allows swift and easy adjustment of the iris, gain (ISO) and shutter speed.
Built-in ND Filters
A choice of selectable Clear, 1/4 filter, 1/16 filter or 1/64 ND (Neutral Density) filters adjusts light levels entering the lens. This gives video-makers the freedom to precisely control shutter speed and aperture for greater creative possibilities. In conjunction with the camcorder’s large image sensor, it allows creation of beautifully smooth ‘bokeh’ background defocus effects without increasing shutter speed even if you’re shooting outdoors in sunny conditions.
Full HD playback on Full HD TV
You can also enjoy Super-sampled Full HD playback on your HD TV which automatically down-converts 4K footage to very high quality 2K (Full HD), using the enormous amounts of 4K data.
TRILUMINOS™ Color. A breathtaking way to relive your fondest memories.
The supports Sony’s “TRILUMINOS Colour,” allowing you to view photos and movies in rich, natural colours on any TV equipped with a “TRILUMINOS Display.” The expanded colour gamut lets you immerse yourself once again in those unforgettably colourful moments, from the complex shades in a shimmering blue sky to the natural tones of a rosy complexion.
Trimming playback of 4K movies on TVs
By touching the display panel users can trim the image and display only the section around the touched area as a Full HD movie.
Simultaneously record maximum-quality movies and ready-to-share MP4 movies
Record two movies at the same time ―one in the maximum-quality XAVC S or AVCHD format and another in the MP4 format. The XAVC S format is available in the FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900. The FDR-AX100 can record 4K movies in the XAVC S format.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing PlayMemories Mobile app to your NFC enable. Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
Creativity comes easy with FDR-AX100 thanks to Picture Effect with 7 total effects — such as Toy Camera, Soft high key, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Partial Colour, High contrast monochrome — which give you the means to transform everyday photos into impressive works of art. As you apply effects, results are shown in real-time on the LCD screen. There is some function like Face detection that cannot be used while using Picture effect.
5.1ch surround sound recording capabilities let you create professional-level soundtracks that bring out the full potential of your movies. So, viewers feel they are part of the action. Notes: Dolby Digital 5.1ch and stereo 2ch recording are supported in the AVCHD format. PCM recording is supported in the XAVC S format.
Optional accessories expand shooting enjoyment and creative possibilities.
My Voice Cancelling
This convenient new feature significantly reduces the intensity of your voice as you shoot, while maintaining the volume of your subject’s voice and other sounds in your surroundings. It accomplishes this feat by detecting where sounds originate and suppressing sound coming from behind the camcorder. Even when you become excited while capturing sporting events or your children, your loud cheers will be reduced to a whisper.
Direct Copy for fast file transfer
Seamlessly transfer your camera’s data to an external hard drive via USB 2.0. Feature also enables convenient playback of files stored on HDD on camera’s LCD screen.
- Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder
- NP-FV70 V-Series Rechargeable Battery Pack (1960mAh, 6.8-8.4V)
- AC-L200 AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Micro HDMI Cable
- USB Connection Support Cable
- RMT-835 Remote Commander
- CR2025 Battery for Remote Commander
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap
- Operating Guide
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (VIDEO)
- Approx.14.2M pixels(16:9)
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (STILL IMAGE)
- Approx.14.2M pixels(16:9)/Approx.10.6M pixels(4:3)
- IMAGE PROCESSOR
- BIONZ X image processor
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*
- FILTER DIAMETER
- LENS COVER
- Lens Cap
- FOCAL DISTANCE
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (VIDEO)
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- f=29.0-348.0mm(16:9), f=35.5-426.0mm(4:3)
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE
- Approx.1cm(Wide), Approx.100cm(Tele), Approx.13/32inch(Wide), Approx.39 3/8inch(Tele)
- IRIS DIAPHRAGM
- 7 blades
- ND FILTER
- OFF, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM
- 4K : 18x HD : 24x
- DIGITAL ZOOM
- VIEWFINDER TYPE
- 1.0cm(0.39type) OLED/ Color 1, 440, 000dots equivalent
- FIELD OF VIEW
- SCREEN TYPE
- 8.8cm(3.5 type) Xtra Fine LCD™ display(921K) Wide(16:9)
- TOUCH PANEL
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- MARKER/GRID DISPLAY
- Grid Line
- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
- Opening Angle:max.90 deg., Turning Angle:max.270 deg.
- IMAGE STABILISATION TYPE
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast AF
- FOCUS MODE
- Auto/Manual(Touch Panel/Dial)
- FOCUS AREA
- Full range Focus/Spot Focus
- MANUAL FOCUS ASSIST
- Magnified display for precise manual focus (Movie Mode:x2/x4, Photo mode:x6.3/x12.6), Peaking Display
- Auto, Flexible Spot(Touch Panel), Manual(Dial/Menu)
- METERING MODES
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- AE Shift(Dial/Touch Panel)
- LOW LUX MODE
- AUTO IRIS CONTROL
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL
- MANUAL EXPOSURE ASSIST
- Zebra Pattern Display
- BACKLIGHT COMPENSATION
- GAIN CONTROL
- AGC LIMIT
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION
- 4K:Standard:6 lux(1/50 Shutter Speed) HD:Standard:3 lux(1/50 Shutter Speed), 4k:Low Lux 3 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed) HD:Low Lux 1.7lux(1/25 Shutter Speed), NightShot:0 lux(1/50 Shutter Speed)
- AUTO CONTROL RANGE
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL (PHOTO MODE)
- MANUAL SHUTTER
- SMOOTH SLOW
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto/Onepush/Outdoor/Indoor/WB Temp
- WHITE BALANCE SHIFT
- Yes(G7-M7 15steps, A7-B7 15steps)
- FLASH METERING SYSTEM
- Pre-flash TTL
- FLASH COMPENSATION
- Yes(3 steps)
- FLASH MODE
- MEDIA TYPE
- XAVC S 4K(100Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I U3 or Higher), XAVC S 4K(60Mbps) : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S HD : SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- RECORDING FORMAT (VIDEO)
- XAVC S formatMPEG4-AVC/H264, AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- VIDEO RESOLUTION
- XAVC S 4K : 3840×2160/25p, 24p, XAVC S HD : 1920x1080/50p, 25p, 24p, AVCHD:1920x1080/50p(PS), 24p(FX, FH), 50i(FX, FH), 1440x1080/50i(HQ, LP), MP4: 1280x720 25p
- VIDEO RECORDING RATE (ABR / VBR)
- XAVC S 4K 100Mbps:Approx.100Mbps/ 60Mbps:Approx.60Mbps, XAVC S HD Approx.50Mbps, AVCHD PS:Approx.28Mbps/FX:Approx.24Mbps/FH:Approx.17Mbps/HQ:Approx.9Mbps/LP:Approx.5Mbps, MP4: Approx.3Mbps
- RECORDING FORMAT (STILL IMAGE)
- JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO MODE)
- L:20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5968 x 3352), 15.0 megapixels 4:3 (4464 x 3352), M:14.2 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 2824), 10.6 megapixels 4:3 (3760 x 2824), S:2.1 megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080), 0.3 megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (MOVIE MODE)
- L:20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5968 x 3352), M:14.2 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 2824), S:2.1 megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (DUAL RECORD)
- 20.0 megapixels 16:9(5968x3352), 14.2 megapixels 16:9(5024x2824), 2.1 megapixels 16:9(1920x1080)
- Built-in Zoom Microphone
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT
- MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit), Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1Creator, Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- MIC LEVEL CONTROL
- AUTO WIND NOISE REDUCTION
- MY VOICE CANCELING
- Monoral Speaker
- HIGH SPEED REC
- SCENE SELECTION
- Auto/Night Scene/Sunrise & Sunset/Fireworks/Landscape/Portrait/Spotlight/Beach/Snow
- NIGHTSHOT INFRARED SYSTEM
- OTHER FEATURES
- Face Detection, Cinematone, Golf Shot, Smooth Slow Rec, Fader Effect(s)(White/Black), Intelligent Auto(Portrait/Baby/Walk/Tripod/Backlight/Landscape/Spotlight/Twilight/Macro/Low light/Auto wind noise reduction), Smile Shutter(Off/Dual Capture/Always On), Red Eye Reduction(Yes(w/ Optional Flash Accessory)), Direct Copy(Yes )
- FAST PLAYBACK
- About 5 times/10 times/30 times/60 times
- SLOW PLAYBACK
- Forwad:1/5 speed, Reverse:1/2 speed
- TRIMMING PLAYBACK
- HIGHLIGHT MOVIE MAKER
- Highlight Playback, Highlight Scenario(Save/Playback/Erase), Highlight BGM(Preinstalled 4 music files, Music transfer)
- SLIDE SHOW (STILL IMAGE)
- Slide Show
- Yes(Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band) )
- Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
Terminal / Shoe
- ACCESSORY SHOE
- Yes(Multi Interface Shoe)
- HDMI TERMINAL
- Yes (HDMI micro)
- MULTI/MICRO USB TERMINAL
- REMOTE TERMINAL
- integrated into Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- STD OUTPUT
- Composite Video Out(AV CABLE(sold separately))
- MICROPHONE INPUT
- Stereo Minijack
- HEADPHONE JACK
- Stereo Minijack
- MEMORY CARD SLOT
- Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- DC IN
- BATTERY TYPE
- InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (V Series)
- POWER CONSUMPTION (LCD)
- POWER CONSUMPTION (VIEWFINDER)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 6.8V/7.3V (battery pack), 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- CHARGE ON CAMCORDER(CHARGING TIME WITH SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Yes(Approx. 3h 25min)
- USB CHARGING
- DC 5V 1500mA
- USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes(1.5A or more is recommended)
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Approx.81mm x 83.5mm x 196.5mm(Approx.90mm x 83.5mm x 223.5mm(including Lens Hood), Approx.3 1/4inch x 3 3/8inch x 7 3/4inch(Approx.3 5/8inch x 3 3/8inch x 8 7/8inch(including Lens Hood)
- WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY)
- Approx.790g, Approx.1lb 11oz
- WEIGHT (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Approx.870g(NP-FV50A), Approx.915g(NP-FV70)/Approx.910g(NP-FV70A)(supplied battery), Approx.965g(NP-FV100A), Approx.1lb 14.7oz(NP-FV50A), Approx.2lb 0.3oz(NP-FV70)/Approx.2lb 0.1oz(NP-FV70A)(supplied battery), Approx.2lb 2oz(NP-FV100A)
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001