Sony HDR-CX405 HD Handycam
The palm held Sony HDR-CX405 compact camcorder features a wide-angle 26.8mm Carl ZEISS lens offering a 30x optical zoom and 60x clear image zoom working perfect with the back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor to produce beautiful video and image quality. Incorporated in this amazing Sony camcorder is an Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization throughout its telephoto zoom range to stabilise video footage and a built-in zoom microphone allowing you to control the levels of sound.
Some awesome features of the Sony HDR-CX405 camcorder includes a fast autofocusing system to capture fast moving objects, progressive recording in Full HD at 60p/50p, Dual video recording, be creative with the variety of picture effects, smile shutter – by smiling the shutter automatically releases, dual memory car compatibility giving you ample recording time, dual record mode with high-resolution stills and HD video simultaneously and even backup all your precious moment onto a hard drive or pc by using the built-in USB cable.
- Full HD Video/ 9.2MP Stills
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Bionz X Processor
- Zeiss 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- XAVC S Recording, AVCHD, and MP4
- 2.7" Flip-Out LCD Viewscreen
- Supports Memory Stick Micro Media Cards
- Supports Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Media Cards
Optical SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode
Advanced image stabilisation keeps footage blur-free, even when the recording circumstances or the user's hands are shaky.
Up to 26.8mm wide-angle Carl ZEISS lens
Whether you’re shooting movies or still images, the class-leading wide-angle lens can help you capture more of landscapes shots and indoor scenes, when you don't have enough room to step back. Even without a wide conversion lens, selected camcorders shoot as wide as 26.8mm (16:9 aspect ratio) in movie mode.
Exceptional image quality
The high-bitrate XAVC S format is for videographers ready to take their work to the next level. Delivering incredible quality, XAVC S is built from the XAVC format used by professional filmmakers and broadcasters, while employing intelligent data compression to export consumer-friendly file sizes.
Highlight Movie Maker
A versatile tool to streamline movie editing, Highlight Movie Maker offers several time-saving features. Add highlight markers to key moments while recording, and let the software automatically sync your transitions to your chosen soundtrack.
Motion Shot Video
Motion Shot Video plays a sequence of superimposed images that trace recorded action in split-second intervals for you to analyse in detail. During playback, you can adjust the interval, or pause to capture and share a still image.
Built-in USB cable
The built-in USB cable stowed in the hand strap is very convenient for extra-quick charging and connection to a PC, so there is no need to pack a bulky extra USB cable or AC adapter. For charging without a PC, use a compact AC-USB adapter (optional).
Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
This large, cutting-edge sensor enhances image clarity, reduces noise in dark environments, and enables soft background defocusing.
BIONZ X™ image processor
The advanced BIONZ X™ image processing engine helps achieve more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality as well as faster processing capabilities.
Sharing a commitment to outstanding performance and design, Sony and Carl Zeiss co-develop lenses that combine the best possible optics with premium-quality electronics and sensor technology for Sony’s Handycam® models.
9.2MP still image capture
Sometimes you don’t need — or want — video. Put your video camera in still image mode and capture amazing high-quality 9.2-megapixel single images as easily as you do with a still image camera.
Clear movies, that contain twice the image data of movies recorded in interlace mode, can be recorded in Full HD at 60p/50p in progressive recording mode. The images are as smooth as those shot at 60/50 frames per second, and each frame is recorded as one full picture. So, a still captured from a movie recorded in progressive mode looks extra-sharp.
Dual Video Recording
Record two movies at the same time — one in the maximum-quality XAVC S or AVCHD format and another in MP4 format. That way you’ve got a small file ready for instant sharing, plus a professional-grade file for further editing.
Dual Record mode
Dual Record mode enables you to shoot HD video and high-resolution still images simultaneously to capture the best shot in both ways.
This automatically optimises focus, exposure, and colour for best results. Select someone to be prioritised simply by touching their face on the LCD display, which is useful for selecting a key person when shooting at a crowded event. Even if the subject leaves the frame, they will be remembered and prioritised upon re-entering the scene.
This feature automatically determines the type of scene being shot and optimises a combination of settings from three groups (Face, Scene, Camera shake). It provides the best results for 90 scene types, even at night and in backlit scenes. Selected settings are displayed as icons on the LCD screen for easy reference.
Because great smiles are fleeting, this feature ensures they’re never lost. Automatically capture snapshots of smiling faces, even while recording video.
For easy browsing and playback, this Handycam® plays back GUI group videos and still images that have been recorded as separate events. You can choose from different display schemes from event view or index view as needed, for better organisation, searching, viewing, and sharing of your personal content.
Give free reign to your imagination. Picture Effect expands movie and photo enjoyment by letting you add up to seven creative effects (Partial Colour, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Pop Colour, Posterization) without troublesome editing on a computer.
Manual settings for iris and shutter speed
This camcorder gives you freedom to choose manual settings for iris and shutter speed control when shooting under backlit and underexposed conditions, as well as in other situations.
Dual memory card compatibility
This Handycam® has slots for Memory Stick Micro™ and Micro SD/SDHC cards, so you can conveniently record to whichever one is more readily available.
With PlayMemories™ Home software installed on a computer, it’s easy to import footage from a Handycam® camcorder to view, edit, print, share via the web, burn files on to a disc, and even create a multi-view movie with a simultaneous split-screen view of up to four selected clips.
X type battery operation
Use an extra-light, extra-compact X type battery to minimise the overall size and weight of this Handycam® in operation.
- Sony HDR-CX405 HD Handycam
- NP-BX1/M8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1240mAh)
- AC Adapter
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1/5.8 type(3.1mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (VIDEO)
- approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (STILL IMAGE)
- approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)/approx.1.71 Megapixels(4:3)
- IMAGE PROCESSOR
- BIONZ X image processor
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Vario-Tessar
- LENS COVER
- FOCAL DISTANCE
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (VIDEO)
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- f=26.8-804.0mm(16:9), f=32.8-984.0mm(4:3)
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE
- approx.1cm(Wide) , approx.80cm(Tele), approx.13/32inch(Wide), approx.31 1/2(Tele)
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM
- DIGITAL ZOOM
- SCREEN TYPE
- 6.7cm(2.7 type) Clear Photo LCD display (230 400 dots) Wide(16:9)
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- MARKER/GRID DISPLAY
- Grid Line
- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
- Opening Angle:max.90 deg., Turning Angle:max.270 deg.
- IMAGE STABILISATION TYPE
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast AF
- FOCUS MODE
- FOCUS AREA
- Full range Focus
- Auto, Manual(Menu)
- METERING MODES
- LOW LUX MODE
- AUTO IRIS CONTROL
- F1.8 - F10
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL
- F1.8 - F10
- BACKLIGHT COMPENSATION
- GAIN CONTROL
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION
- Standard:6 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed), Low Lux:3 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed)
- AUTO CONTROL RANGE
- 1/6 - 1/10000
- 1/25 - 1/10000
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL (PHOTO MODE)
- 1/25 - 1/10000
- MANUAL SHUTTER
- 1/6 - 1/10000
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- MEDIA TYPE
- XAVC S HD: Micro SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- RECORDING FORMAT (VIDEO)
- AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S format MPEG4-AVC/H264
- VIDEO RESOLUTION
- AVCHD: 1920x1080/50p(PS), 50i(FX, FH), 1440x1080/50i(HQ, LP), MP4: 1280x720 25p, XAVC S HD: 1920x1080/50p, 25p
- VIDEO RECORDING RATE (ABR / VBR)
- AVCHD PS:approx.28Mbps/FX:approx.24Mbps/FH:approx.17Mbps/HQ:approx.9Mbps/LP:approx.5Mbps, MP4: approx.3Mbps, XAVC S HD: approx.50Mbps
- RECORDING FORMAT (STILL IMAGE)
- JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO MODE)
- L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272), 6.9 Megapixels 4:3 (3024x2272), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080), 0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (MOVIE MODE)
- L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272), S:2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO CAPTURE)
- 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (DUAL RECORD)
- 9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032x2272), 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Built-in Zoom Microphone
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT
- Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit)
- MIC LEVEL CONTROL
- Monaural Speaker
- SCENE SELECTION
- Auto/Night Scene/Sunrise & Sunset/Fireworks/Landscape/Portrait/Spotlight/Beach/Snow
- OTHER FEATURES
- Face Detection, Fader Effect(s)(White/Black), Intelligent Auto(Portrait/Baby/Walk/Tripod/Backlight/Landscape/Spotlight/Twilight/Macro/Low light), Smile Shutter(Off/Dual Capture/Always On)
- FAST PLAYBACK
- About 5 times/10 times/30 times/60 times
- SLOW PLAYBACK
- Forwad:1/5 speed, Reverse:1/2 speed
- HIGHLIGHT MOVIE MAKER
- Yes , Highlight BGM(Preinstalled 6 music files, Music transfer compatible
- MOTION SHOT VIDEO
- SLIDE SHOW (STILL IMAGE)
- Slide Show
Terminal / Shoe
- HDMI TERMINAL
- Yes (HDMI micro)
- REMOTE TERMINAL
- integrated into Multi Terminal
- STD OUTPUT
- Composite Video Out(AV CABLE(sold separately)
- MEMORY CARD SLOT
- Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- BATTERY TYPE
- POWER CONSUMPTION (LCD)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 3.6V (battery pack), 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- CHARGE ON CAMCORDER(CHARGING TIME WITH SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Yes(approx. 2h 35min)
- USB CHARGING
- DC 5V 800mA
- USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes(Recording/Playback(supplied AC Adaptor AC-UUD11))/(Playback(not supplied AC Adaptor limiting 500mA))
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- approx. 54.0mm(W)×59.5mm(H)×128.0mm(D), approx. 2 1/4 inch(W) ×2 3/8 inch(H) ×5 1/8 inch(D)
- WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY)
- approx.190g, approx.6.7oz
- WEIGHT (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- approx.215g(NP-BX1), approx.7.6oz(NP-BX1)
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001