Sony HVL-F43M External Flash
- Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL
- Guide Number of 43m at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (15mm with Panel)
- Quick Shift Bounce for 90° L/R Pivot
- Tilts from -8 to 150°
- Wireless TTL Ratio Controller/Remote
- LED Light with 400 lux Output at 1.6'
- Recycle Time: 0.1-5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
Quick Shift Bounce
Sony's original flash head rotating mechanism allows the flash to pivot 90 degrees left and right in addition to up and down, so you can switch between landscape and portrait position compositions while the flash maintains the same bounce angle and light distribution. Because the LCD panel and buttons rotate together with the flash head, control is easy even for vertical composition.
Video LED Light
Cool running and energy efficient, the LED light enables you to create natural lighting and shadows. Effective for both movies and stills, the LED light can be augmented by filters and diffusers for color temperature adjustment and visual effects with a high power of 400 lux at 1.64 ft, adjustable in 10 levels.
Quick Navi Interface
Sony's Quick Navi control interface provides easy, intuitive access to lighting parameters on a high-visibility dot matrix LCD panel. Everything you need to know is right there on the screen and accessible using a few buttons and control wheel, thereby minimizing the necessary operations required to adjust settings before you shoot.
Wireless multi flash ratio control
When used with Sony α-series cameras, up to three groups of flash units can be used simultaneously with the "control" flash wirelessly controlling the light ratios of the "remote" flashes. Rather than having to adjust the output level on each flash unit individually, you can simply set the desired light output ratio via the control flash interface.
Dust and moisture-resistant design
To ensure reliability even in challenging conditions such as outdoor wilderness situations, specially designed seals at joints around the body, LCD panel, mounting foot, and moving parts keep dust and moisture out. This is a particular bonus in outdoor usage where you have no control over various factors including wind and environmental dust.
High-speed sync (HSS)
Take advantage of high-shutter-speed Auto shooting. Whereas conventional sync shooting required that the shutter speed be the same as or slower than the synced flash speed, the aperture would be narrowed, making it difficult to gain background bokeh effects. But with high-speed sync (HSS) you can use flash with any shutter speed, even up to the highest shutter speed provided by the camera. This allows you to increase the aperture as needed to create a narrow depth of field that keeps your subject in perfect focus while the background blurs, for beautiful portraits. Wireless high-speed sync is also possible with compatible cameras.
Through-the-Lens (TTL) wireless flash
Integrated operation with the camera, with the freedom of wireless. You can position and direct the flash exactly as you want. Use this high flexibility to reduce the intensity of shadows, avoid halation, and add soft shadows that bring out a sense of depth and presence. Syncing is possible at all shutter speeds to make wireless high-speed sync possible.
Test flash mode
The test flash mode enables you to check shadows on the subject before taking photos, and also to check the light level using an external flash meter, which is essential for studio photography. The light level of the test flash depends on the light level setting in manual flash (M) mode, and the flash unit fires with a light level of 1/1 in through-the-lens (TTL) mode.
Advanced Distance Integration (ADI)
ADI provides automatic metering that is virtually unaffected by the reflectance of subjects or backgrounds, maintaining correct exposure even with overly reflective or overly dark subjects. It pre-flashes the unit to incorporate the reflected light measurement, together with precise distance information from a compatible camera's lens, to achieve the optimum flash level (E-mount not supported).
Auto Zoom Control Optimized for image sensor size
This function automatically optimizes the illumination angle to match the camera's image sensor size, minimizing light fall-off at the image periphery. The flash coverage required for cameras using 35-mm full frame and APS-C size image sensors differ substantially, and this intelligent function automatically provides the optimum flash coverage for each.
Multi Interface Shoe
This product is designed for use with cameras featuring a Multi Interface Shoe flash. An optional shoe adaptor is available for use with older Sony/Minolta cameras utilising the autolock shoe.
Auto White Balance AdjustmentColour temperature varies according to the environment you're shooting in, and the color temperature of a flash should match that of the ambient light to look natural. With this intelligent function, color temperature information is transferred from the flash unit to the camera for correct White Balance setting, thereby enabling more natural-looking flash photography.
- Sony HVL-F43M Flash
- Terminal Protector Cap
- Carrying Case
- Cycle time/frequency (approx.) (based on Sony measurement), Alkaline battery
- More than 200 times/0.1–2.9 s
- Cycle time/frequency (approx.) (based on Sony measurement), Ni-MH battery
- More than 250 times/0.1–2.2 s
- Cycle time/frequency (approx.) (based on Sony measurement), Lithium battery
- Not compatible
- Flash Coverage
- Covers the field of view at focal lengths 24-105 mm. Automatically switched at changes in focal length. Manual switching possible (at 24/28/35/50/70/105 mm focal length). Covers the field of view at 15 mm focal length with wide panel attached.
- Quick Shift Bounce flash
- Continuous Flash
- 10 flashes/second, total 40 flashes (1/32 power level, with Ni-MH battery)
- AF Illuminator Range
- Approx. 0.5–6 m (based on Sony measurement)
- Flash Control
- Pre-flash control (P-TTL/ADI), manual flash control selectable, direct TTL flash metering
- Multiple Flash
- Available when used in the M-mode of the camera (Frequency: 1-100 Hz, No. of burst: 2-100 times)
- Wireless Flash
- Available as wireless flash controller/off-camera flash
- Wireless flash ratio control
- 3 flash-unit groups: A (attached to the camera), B and C. Flash ratio control: A(1-16), B(1-16), C(1-16)
- External Off-camera Terminal
- Test Flash
- Available with test flash button
- Modeling Flash
- Available with test flash button (Two types: 2 Hz/3 times, 40 Hz/4 sec.)
- Auto white balance
- Available (except the α100)
- Auto Zoom Control Optimized for Image Sensor Size
- Available (except the α100)
- Flash Compensation
- Available (not only body operation, but also flush operation)
- Power Source
- 4x AA-size batteries (Alkaline/Ni-MH)
- Dust and Moisture Resistant
- Designed to be dust- and moisture-resistant
- Center luminance Intensity
- Approx. 400 lx (0.5 m)/100 lx (1 m) (w/o Built-in Diffuser for LED Light, w/o Color Conversion Filter for LED Light)
- Lighting distance
- Approx. 1 m (ISO3200/F5.6 Movie mode, w/o Built-in Diffuser for LED Light, w/o Color Conversion Filter for LED Light)
- Continuous lighting time
- Approx. 4 hours (with 4x AA-size Sony Alkaline batteries)
- Color temperature
- Approx. 5500K (w/o Built-in Diffuser for LED Light, w/o Color Conversion Filter for LED Light)
What's In The Box
- Carrying Case(1)
- Connector Protect Cap(1)
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001