Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens (Canon)
The 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon from Tamron is a high-speed standard to telephoto zoom lens with a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range.
- 70-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor
- Advanced Vibration Compensation
- Extra Low Dispersion Lens
- Moisture Resistant Construction
- Compact Design
Designed for full-size SLR and DSLR cameras it offers superior image quality accentuated by advanced Vibration Compensation (image stabilization) and an Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor for quiet, smooth and precise autofocus.
A new optical design for this popular focal length zoom delivers high contrast and high resolution throughout the zoom range and one Extra-low Dispersion element with four Low Dispersion elements minimize chromatic aberrations. A circular diaphragm that retains its round shape even when taken down two stops from f/2.8 offers expressive background blurring.
A compact build with large focus and zoom rings and a moisture resistant construction, this lens comes with a removable tripod collar and a petal-type lens hood.
- Vibration Compensation
- VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization mechanism which reduces the effects of camera shake to deliver sharp images in low light and at slower shutter speeds. It is a newly developed three coil system that employs a lighter moving coil mechanism which contributes to its improved performance and overall compact design.
- Ultrasonic Motor
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) Motor is the power for a fast and quiet autofocus drive that works in harmony with continuous manual focus mechanism.
- XLD and LD Optics
- One special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass and four LD (Low Dispersion) elements minimize chromatic aberrations.
- Multi-layer Coating
- Tamron's advanced multi-layer coating technology dramatically improves lens performance by reducing flare and ghosting for crisper, clearer images.
- Moisture Resistant
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
- Compact Design
- Improvements in the lens' Vibration Compensation system and a new overall design keep this 70-200mm lens slightly smaller than others in its class. Diameter is 85.8mm and length is 188 mm.
- Tripod Collar and Lens Hood
- A rotatable, removable tripod collar comes with this lens and allows for stable, balanced tripod mounting, and a matched petal-type lens hood is also included.
In The Box
In The Box
- Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Tripod Collar
- Lens Hood
|Focal Length||70 - 200 mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||34° - 12°
APS-C Picture Angle: 22° - 7°
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.30 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 85.8 x 188.3 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon cameras including IXUS, PowerShot and EOS are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001