Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder Kit with Protective Case
When it comes to filmmaking and music recording, the F4 Multitrack Field Recorder Kit has made life so much easier on set with better navigation over menus & audio levels, with 6-inputs and a variable-frequency slate tone generator to confirm levels. The Multitrack Field recorder features a very light design of 1.0kg with a rock-solid construction with tons of features such as multi-track recording to record up to six discrete tracks, camera return with an input 5/6 for monitoring purposes, record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 512GB each, a file protection that saves your files automatically while recording in case of power loss and more, onboard mixer with effects that allows flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs and reduce sound of wind and other noises.
Additionally, included is the Recording and Editing Software with a free license for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software for a full-on audio production toolkit.
- Zoom F4 and Zoom Protective Case
- 24-Bit/192 kHz with Integrated Mixer
- Four Combo XLR-1/4" Inputs
- High-Quality Preamps with Phantom Power
- Built-In Limiters on Every Input/Output
- Side Openings for Cable Inputs on Case
- Detachable, Water-Resistant Cover
- Adjustable Strap and Shoulder Pad
- Pocket for Recorder and Accessories
- Bottom-Panel Access to Rear of Recorder
- 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors,
a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only.
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and
+4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and
44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop
formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack
with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with
DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to
10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules from Zoom; optional ECM extender cable
enables remote positioning
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
- 1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date,
project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included with the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
The F4 can also be mounted to a tripod and attached to your
camera using the included mounting bracket.
*The F4 does not have Bluetooth capabilities and
is not compatible with the Zoom F8 iOS app
- F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks
- Camera-Mount Adapter
- Zoom AD-19 12 VAC Adapter
- Cubase LE Download Code
- Wavelab LE Download Code
|Recording Media||16 MB to 2 GB SD cards 4 to 32 GB SDHC cards 64 to 512 GB SDXC cards|
|Input Connectors||Input 1-4: XLR-1/4" / 6.35 mm combo jacks
Input 5-6: 1/8" / 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
|Input Gain||XLR (Mic): +10 to +75 dB
TRS (Line): -10 to +55 dB
Mini Jack Input: -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting), +4 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
|Input Impedance||XLR (Mic): 3.0 kOhms
TRS (Line): 22 kOhms
Mini Jack Input: 10 kOhms or more
|Maximum Input Level||XLR (Mic): +14 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
TRS (Line): +24 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
Mini Jack Input: -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting), +24 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
|Phantom Power||+24 / +48 V 10 mA maximum for each channel|
|THD||XLR (Mic): 0.009% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW, Input Gain min, -10 dBu input)
TRS (Line): 0.010% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW, Input Gain min +10 dBu input)
|EIN||−127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75 dB input gain, 150 Ohms input)|
|Frequency Characteristics||10 Hz - 80 kHz +0.5/−1 dB (192 kHz sampling rate)|
|Dynamic Range ADC||120 dB typical (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)|
|Crosstalk||−90 dB or less (between adjacent channels, 1 kHz)|
|Mic Input||ZOOM mic-capsule input (use disables Inputs 1/2)|
|Output Connectors||Main: Balanced XLR (2-pin hot)
Sub Output: 1/8" / 3.5 mm
Headphone: 1/4" / 6.35 mm unbalanced stereo jack
|Output Impedance||Main: 150 Ohms or less
Sub Output: 1 kOhms or less
Headphone: 15 Ohms or less
|Reference Output||Main: −10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600 Ohms load
Sub: −10 dBV (Normal Output Type), −40 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10 kOhms load
|Maximum Output Level||Main: +10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600 Ohms load
Sub Output: +10 dBV (Normal Output Type), −20 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10 kOhms load
Headphone: 100 + 100 mW (32 Ohms load)
|Dynamic Range DAC||106 dB typical (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)|
|Recording Formats||WAV: 44.1, 47.952, 48, 48.048, 88.2, 96, 192kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo/2-10 ch poly, BWF and iXML
MP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps, 44.1/48 kHz, ID3v1 tags
|# Of Simultaneous Record Tracks||WAV: 8 (6 inputs + stereo mix)
|Recording Time||32 GB: 30:51:00 (48 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV), 7:42:00 (192 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)|
Modes:Off, Int Free Run, Int Record Run, Int RTC Run, Ext, Ext Auto Rec (audio clock can be synchronized to timecode)
Frame Rates: 23.976ND, 24ND, 25ND, 29.97ND, 29.97D, 30ND, 30D
Precision: ±0.2 ppm
Supported Input Levels:0.2 to 5.0 Vpp
Input Impedance: 4.3 kOhms
Output Level: 3.0 Vpp ±10%
Output Impedance: 50 Ohms or less
|Power||Batteries: 8 AA
Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter
DC-HIROSE Cable HIROSE HR10A-7R-4S 4-pin connector (1 pin: −, 4 pin: +), 9-16 V
|Battery Life (Recording)||Continuous Recording Time: When recording 2 channels at 48 kHz/16-bit without headphones
Alkaline Batteries: 9.5 hours or more
NiMH (2450mAh): 11.5 hours or more
Lithium Batteries: 17.5 hours or more
Continuous Recording Time: When recording 8 channels at 48 kHz/24-bit with headphones
Alkaline batteries: 9.0 hours or more
NiMH (2450mAh): 10.5 hours or more
Lithium Batteries: 16.5 hours or more
Continuous Recording Time: When recording 8 channels at 192 kHz/24-bit with headphones, phantom power, and display backlighting
Alkaline Batteries: 2 hour or more
NiMH (2450mAh): 3.5 hours or more
Lithium Batteries: 6 hours or more
|Display||1.9" / 48.3 mm Monochrome LCD: 128 x 64|
|USB||USB: Mass Storage Option
Class:USB 2.0 high speed
USB: Multitrack audio-interface operation (driver required for Windows, not required for Mac)
Class:USB 2.0 High Speed
Specifications: 44.1, 48, 96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 6-in/4-out
USB: Stereo Mix audio-interface operation (no driver required)Class: USB 2.0 Full Speed Specifications: 44.1, 48 kHz, 16-bit, 2-in/2-out
Note: iPad audio-interface operation supported (Stereo Mix mode only)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||7.0 x 5.5 x 2.1" / 177.8 x 139.7 x 53.3 mm|
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001