- Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder
Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder
The sophisticated Zoom Q4N Handy Video Recorder has been designed to record the highest-quality video ever at a resolution up to 2304 x 1296 pixels with the amazing 160° wide-angle lens along with the F2.0 aperture that allows it to perform in any lighting environment as it also features 10 advanced lighting presets and impressive audio quality as it features built-in microphones that can easily be configured to A/b to record vivid stereo or X/Y stereo recording for natural depth and width while still delivering a strong center image which is ideal for musical performances and video blogging. The microphones are strong enough to handle high sound pressure levels up to 140 dB SPL, delivering absolute clear and distortion-free audio in WAV and AAC format.
Top highlights of the Zoom Q4N include a rotating full-colour touchscreen display for better control over your functions, connect the Zoom Q4N to your computer or iPad with a USB port to be used as a web camera, transfer all your recordings and charge your battery for the next event.
- Records up to 2304x1296 Video at 30 fps
- 160° f/2 Wide-Angle Lens
- Record up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz Audio
- Built-In 120° Stereo Microphones
- A/B or X/Y Stereo Configuration
- Uncompressed WAV & Compressed AAC Audio
- Full-Color 2.0" LCD Touchscreen
- 10 Scene Presets for Different Lighting
- USB Port for Use as Webcam or USB Mic
- 3-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
2 Other customers have inquired about this product
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm) to produce clear video quality.
- 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom.
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times.
- Easy one-button recording.
- Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD for full control over your menu.
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes.
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video recording.
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds.
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL.
- Records video and audio in MOV format.
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling high sound pressure of levels up to 140 dB SPL.
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens.
- 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level .
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power.
- Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring.
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble.
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer or even use it as a web camera.
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications.
- Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for use with iPad).
- Includes rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours.
- Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts.
- Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorder
- BT-02 Rechargeable Battery For Zoom Q4
- 3-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
- USB to Mini-USB Cable
- Sponge Windscreen
- Lens Cover
- Lens Hood
1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
Fixed focus (36 cm – ∞), F2.0,
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
3M HD (2304×1296) / 30 fps / 24 Mbps,
WAV (16-/24-bit quantization, 44.1/48/96 kHz sampling frequency)
AAC (64–320 kbps bit rate, 48 kHz sampling frequency)
Lo-Cut filter, Auto Gain
Digital zoom (×0.75/×0.85/×1.00/×1.30/×1.50),
Scene selection (Auto / Concert Lighting / Night / Concert-Low Light / Dance Club / Jazz Club / Concert Hall / Rehearsal-Studio / Garage / Outdoor / Sunset)
2.0" full-color touchscreen LCD
120° A/B and 120° X/Y stereo
|Maximum sound pressure input:||
140 dB SPL
-30 to +44 dB
|INPUT: EXTERNAL INPUT|
Stereo mini jack
–∞ to +26 dB
2 k Ω or more
Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack
Micro Type D
400 mW 8 Ω mono speaker
|USB: OPERATION AS MASS STORAGE|
USB 2.0 High Speed
|USB: OPERATION AS AUDIO INTERFACE|
USB 1.0 Full Speed
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit
|USB: OPERATION AS WEBCAM|
WVGA/720p video size,
Note: Audio interface and mass storage operation with iPad is supported.
Lithium-ion battery: DC 4.2V maximum voltage,
ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A
Using USB: about 3 hours
|Battery operation time:||
About 3 hours or more
Main unit (mic stored):
Main unit (mic extended):
178.6 grams with battery
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001