Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Records up to 2304x1296 Video at 30 fps
- Wide-Angle 160° Lens
- Detachable X/Y Condenser Microphone
- Compatible with Zoom Microphone Capsules
- Dual XLR/TRS Combo Inputs
- Records up to Four Simultaneous Channels
- Record up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz Audio
- 2.7" LCD Touchscreen
- Doubles as USB Webcam & Audio Interface
- 1/4"-20 to Three-Prong Adapter Included
- The Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes for high-quality video playback.
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom
- The Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder features a 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Built-in audio mixer for better control over your audio.
- Stereo link function
- Auto-Gain control, plus built-in compressor and limiter
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output/Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing softwaree
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
- Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Detachable Stereo X/Y Microphone Capsule
- Foam Windscreen
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Attachment Screw for Hairy Windscreen
- USB Cable (3.3')
- 1/4"-20 to Three-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
- Lens Cover
- Lens Hood
|Recording media:||SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 128GB)|
|Image sensor:||1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor|
|Lens:||Fixed focus (36cm - ∞) F2.0, focal distance approx. 16.6 mm (35mm equivalent)|
|Video format:||MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)|
|Video resolutions:||3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels) 30fps
HD (1080 pixels) 30fps
HD (720 pixels) 60fps
HD (720 pixels) 30fps
|Audio formats:||WAV (16/24-bit quantization, 44.1/48/96kHz sampling frequency)
AAC (64-320kbps bit rate, 48kHz sampling
|Audio functions:||Low-cut filter, Auto Gain (Concert/Solo/Meeting), compressor, limiter|
|Image functions:||Digital zoom (1.0x-4.0x)
Scene selection (Auto/Concert Lighting/Night)
Self timer (Off, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds)
|Display:||2.7" full-color LCD touchscreen|
|Built-in speaker:||400mW 8 Ω mono speaker|
|INPUT 1/2 Input connectors:||TRS/XLR combo jacks|
|Output connectors:||Combined line/headphones stereo mini-jack
Type D micro HDMI
|Power supply:||Lithium ion battery
DC 4.2V maximum voltage,
DC 3.7V nominal voltage,
|Battery recharging times:|
|Battery operation time:||More than 2 hours (when recording 720p/30fps)|
|AC adapter:||ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A|
|Dimensions:||Mic lowered: 158mm (L) x 48mm (W) x 69mm (H)
Mic raised: 158mm (L) x 48mm (W) x 119mm (H)
X/Y mic (XYQ-8): 50mm (L) x 37mm (W) x 32mm (H)
|Weight:||Recorder: 260g / 9.2oz (without battery, capsule)
XYQ-8 Mic Capsule: 40g / 1.4oz
Battery: 40g / 1.4oz
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001