- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens
Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens
The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens is an extremely fast and bright with superb optical precision lens for the latest Mirrorless cameras of Canon. The lens boasts an impressive f/1.2 aperture which performs exceptionally well in low-light conditions and still produces incredible sharpness & attractive looking bokeh – making it the ideal lens for portraits, street photography, and weddings.
With advanced optical engineering, the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens is capable is fast enough to lock onto a subject while the Lens Control Ring provides additional control over Tv/Av/ISO settings which is all thanks to its superb USM motor and Lens Control Ring; advanced lens elements and coatings that’s been added to the glass, such as Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics to discard colour aberrations while the ground aspheric lens element is been used to eliminate spherical aberrations which usually occurs once the aperture is wide open – all packed into a solid built construction that’s weather-sealed, with front and rear elements to resist water, scratches and dust.
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics Element
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Air Sphere Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
We offer Fast, Reliable shipping to your door with Aramex couriers.
Chat to our camera experts about this product. Call 021 465 3573 option 1.
Get a refund within 10 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with this item.
Safe & Secure online shopping with our Secure DigiCert SSL Encryption and 3D-Secure Card security.
Get true expertise. . Click here for one of our live chat consultants
The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens – one of Canon’s latest short telephoto lenses to offer the highest resolution. Featuring a super-fast aperture and outstanding AF speeds, making this the ideal lens for photographing candid portraiture and wedding photography.
- The ideal short telephoto lens for capturing striking flattering portraits – producing detailed results throughout its focal length.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features an RF mount that’s specifically designed for the latest Canon Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras.
- Utilising the RF mount provides advanced possibilities to enhance image quality and the communication between the full-frame mirrorless camera and the lens.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens incorporates an impressive and extremely fast f/1.2 aperture which perfectly designed to perform in low-light conditions – offering incredible sharpness along with attractive looking bokeh with no loss of image quality.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features advanced lens elements and coatings, that consists of the Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics which negate colour aberrations from taking place, while a ground aspheric lens is used to eliminate spherical aberrations which usually occurs once the aperture opened up completely.
- The lens features the L-Series Build, being a solid construction with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on the rear and front elements of the lens to safeguard it from dust, water and scratches.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens features an extremely fast speed between the lens and the camera – enabling the lens to lock onto a subject while the lens control provides additional control over the settings.
RF 85mm F1.2L USM Key features
- Extreme high performance 85mm prime lens
- Aspherical and UD elements ensure the highest resolution across of the image
- USM motor for smooth, near-silent operation
- ASC (Air Sphere Coating) prevents flare and ghosting from deteriorating image quality
Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl)
24º, 16º, 28º 30'
Lens construction (elements/groups)
No. of diaphragm blades
Closest focusing distance (m)
Maximum magnification (x)
Rear End Cap
Lens Dust Cap RF
Magnification with Extension Tube EF12 II
Magnification with Extension Tube EF25 II
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. What warranty comes with the goods purchased ?
All products excluding batteries sold by Orms are covered by a minimum of a one year local warranty, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defects.
Canon IXUS, PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty
Canon DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Canon video cameras including Legria and X-series are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon compacts excluding the Coolpix P900 are covered by a full 1 Year Warranty.
Nikon DSLR's including the CoolPix P900 and are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Panasonic cameras and lenses are covered by a full 2 Year Warranty.
Fujifilm cameras are covered by a 2 Year Warranty.
SIGMA & TAMRON LENSES
Sigma and Tamron products are covered by a 3 Year Warranty.
LEXAR & SANDISK MEMORY CARDS
Lexar and Sandisk memory cards are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lowepro's Limited Original Owner Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship during the useful life of the product. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper care.
USED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All used gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 6 Month Warranty.
REFURBISHED GEAR PURCHASED FROM ORMS
All refurbished gear sold by ORMS is supplied with a 12 Month Warranty.
2. My product has gone faulty, now what ?
Please contact our service division straight away on 021 - 469 1962 and notify them of the fault. You may also e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If a product is defective / faulty, ORMS will replace the product within a 10 day period deemed from the date of receiving the product. ORMS will also cover the shipping costs within the borders of South Africa.
2. During the warranty period, Orms will arrange collection of the faulty item, facilitate the repair and then ship the product back to the customer, bearing all risks and costs.
Orms is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the manufacturers warranty period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however Orms in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Orms has business dealings.
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R1 000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed.
2. Aramex Courier Service (local)
We use Aramex couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. We also fully insure your parcels contents for the journey to your door.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
- Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 150.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
- Standard Shipping @ R 80.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all areas.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The base price of R80.00 incl. VAT is for a parcel up to 10kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the ORMSdirect website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our camera sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
3. DHL Express Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
Orms is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect & Collect from Orms Shop in Cape Town / Bellville
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Cape Town or Bellville branches. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for online sales on arrival.
Orms Shop - Cape Town
Shop 5, Roeland Square
Upper Canterbury Street
Gardens, Cape Town, 8001