The Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM is a super-telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS R range mirrorless cameras. Specifically designed and aimed at the enthusiast and professional photographer who's seeking to create stunning sports, concerts, and wildlife images of the highest quality.
The lens will feature excellent contrast and sharpness; smooth, fast, and near silent AF; n advanced lens construction that consists of 20 special elements in 14 groups; a powerful Dual Nano USM; and a IS image stabilisation system to assist in dim lighting by compensating for camera induced blur.
- The versatile Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Lens provides an impressive super telephoto zoom that's perfect for the enthusiast and professional photographer who's seeking to create stunning sports, concerts, and wildlife images of the highest quality. And the lens is carefully constructed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- The lens has been designed to create superior image quality, and that's all thanks to great optics built-in to this Canon RF 100-500mm. The lens consists of six UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) elements and one Super UD element, all to help reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing to help achieve enhanced image clarity and colour accuracy.
- A powerful lens that gets the job done in all kinds of environments you find yourself all thanks to an advanced Dual Nano USM system. The system makes use of both the ring type USM and the STM mechanism to realise really fast, quick, and accurate focusing that is also smooth and nearly silent, being perfect for both still and video applications.
- The lens incorporates Optical Image Stabilisation to help you achieve camera shake-free images. It minimises camera shake up to 5-stops, especially to photograph in low-light conditions with a much slower shutter speed. The Optical Image Stabilisation offers you three distinct modes: standard single-shot mode; a panning-optimised mode; and a mode that only enables the Image Stabiliser during the exposure.
- The lens barrel of the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Lens is equipped with a configurable Control Ring that allows you to assign a variety of settings, such as exposure settings, apertur, ISO and even exposure compensation.
- Special coatings has been applied to the lens. Having a protective fluorine coating applied to the front and rear element, prevents the lens from fingerprints and smudges, and it also helps make cleaning of these elements so much easier.
- The lens construction features a weather-resistant design that protects the lens from dust and moisture, allowing it to work perfectly in inclement conditions.
- The lens is also compatible with the latest RF extenders: Extender RF 1.4x and the RF 2x teleconverters, to help you increase your focal length - getting you closer to your subject. Please note that it only functions within the 300-500mm range of the lens
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Lens
|100 to 500mm
|f/4.5 to 7.1
|f/32 to 54
|Angle of View
|24° to 5°
|Minimum Focus Distance
|0.12 to 0.33x
|20 Elements in 14 Groups
|Removable and Rotating
|77 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
|93.8 x 207.6 mm