The telephoto, prime Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens captures beyond detail, bringing every detail out of an image with brilliant optics incorporated and an exceptional performance it has to offer. The RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens from Canon features a bright aperture of f/1.2 making it perfect when capturing in low-light conditions, and also sports a DS (Defocus Smoothing) coating that contributes to soften and smooth the bokeh quality when photographing at wider aperture settings.
Key features to this L-series lens include Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element to eliminate colour fringing and chromatic aberrations; One Aspherical Element and one UD element also incorporated into the optics also helps control aberrations and distortions for sharper and clear image quality; and an Air Sphere Coating has also been added to the lens elements to diminish backlit flaring and ghosting. Other advanced and powerful features of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens include weather-sealing and fluorine coatings thats been applied to the front and rear elements to prevent dust and water; a really fast USM motor and a Control Ring that provides additional control over exposure.
- The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens is the ideal lens when it comes to capturing portraits, with perfect lighting, in focus and sharp image quality. The lens is specifically designed for the full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Built-in to the advanced RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens is a bright and fast f/1.2 maximum aperture thats been designed to perform well in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications.
- Built-in to the Canon RF 85 f/1.2 Lens optics is a DS (Defocus Smoothing) coating that contributes to achieving soft and smooth bokeh quality when working at wide aperture settings. Regardless of the image smoothing out, it will still retain sharpness and high-resolution image quality.
- The lens elements include Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics to eliminate colour fringing and chromatic aberrations.
- One Aspherical Element and One UD element has also been included into the optics, helping to control aberrations and distortions for much sharper and clear image quality.
- An Air Sphere Coating has also been applied to the lens elements, to diminish backlit flaring and ghosting, still delivering light transmission and high contrast when photographing in strong lighting conditions.
- The Configurable Control Ring included into the prime Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens design allows you to assign any exposure settings, such as ISO, aperture and shutter.
- The fast speed USM Motor featuring in the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens delivers smooth, fast and a near-silent operation.
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens
- Canon E-82 II 82mm Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF
- Canon ET-89 Lens Hood
Optical Features / Specifications
Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl)
24°, 16°, 28° 30'
Lens construction (elements/groups)
No. of diaphragm blades
Closest focusing distance (m)
Maximum magnification (x)
Rear End Cap
Lens Dust Cap RF