The Leica M-A (Typ 127) Rangefinder Camera offers a complete mechanical operation that requires no battery to operate the camera and focuses on just the basic aspects of photography such as the shutter speed, film speed, and aperture.
The stylish, retro looking camera features a classic 35mm Film Rangefinder that boasts a large, and bright 0.72x-magnification viewfinder; a rear ISO dial that can be utilised to control your speed of film; a hot shoe that incorporates a center contact - allowing a wide array of compatible flashes; and a solid construction thats enclosed all-metal with chromed brass top and bottom covers. The film camera can also be used with a variety of M lenses with a focal length range of 16-135mm; and offers a shutter speed dial that enables selection speeds from 1/1000 sec. to 1sec. and a bulb setting to achieve long exposures.
- The Leica M-A (Typ 127) Rangefinder Camera is an easy to use camera that specifically focuses on aperture, focusing, and shutter speed.
- Functioning on a full-on mechanical design that doesnt make use of a battery to keep it going.
- Built-in to the body is a rear ISO dial that allows you to keep track and to control your ISO settings.
- The design features a solid construction that consists of an enclosed all-metal body with chromed brass top and bottom covers.
- A classic 35mm film rangefinder can be found on the Leica M-A (Typ 127) Rangefinder Camera, featuring a large, and bright 0.72x-magnification viewfinder.
- The camera is compatible with all M-mount lenses featuring a focal length range from 16-135mm.
- Leica M-A (Typ 127) Rangefinder Camera (Silver)
- Body Cap
- Carrying Strap
|Leica M bayonet
|Leica M lenses from 16-135mm focal length
|Manual (shutter speed on body only; aperture on attached lens)
|External Flash Connection
|Hot shoe with center contact
|With first curtain; up to 1/50 sec.
|Focal plane; mechanical rubber blanket slotted shutter with horizontal movement
|Shutter Speed Range
|1 to 1/1000 sec. (in 1 EV increments), bulb
|Bright line frame viewfinder with automatic parallax correction
|Calibrated to -0.5 dpt (optional corrective lenses available)
|Horizontal and vertical offset between viewfinder and lens axis automatically compensated for according to relevant distance setting
At the shortest possible distance for each focal length, the bright line frame size corresponds to an image of approx. 23 x 35 mm. When set to infinity, depending on the focal length between 9% (28mm) and 23% (135mm) more is captured by the film than is shown in the corresponding bright line frame
|49.9 mm (mechanical measurement basis of 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.72x)
Split or superimposed image rangefinder shown as bright field in the center of the viewfinder image
|Manual film loading after opening the bottom cover and the rear panel
|Forward: Manual winding with quick wind lever (compatible with optional motorized winders)
Rewind: Manually with pull-out rewind button, after moving the R lever on front of camera
|138 x 38 x 77 mm