The Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens is engineered for DX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras, with a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom. The lens provides superb performance along with remarkable image quality when covering wide-angle to portrait photography.
Vital features that the portable Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens include, is its extremely short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at 24mm zoom position); focus breathing compensation and minimised operational sound; a control ring thats easy-top-operate; a rounded 7-blade diaphragm that contributes to pleasing bokeh; and a lens construction that features 9 elements in 7 groups, consisting of 1 ED glass and 4 aspherical lens elements.
- Standard zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Nikon LC-46B 46mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap
|9 elements in 7 groups (including 1 ED glass and 4 aspherical lens elements)
|Angle of view
|83° - 31°30' (DX image area)
|Minimum focus distance
|0.2 m/0.66 ft (at 24 mm) from focal plane
|Maximum reproduction ratio
|7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
|46 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
|Approximately 70 mm/2.8 in. maximum diameter x 32 mm/1.3 in. (distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Approximately 135 g/4.8 oz
|LC-46B 46 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap